Games to Fill the Gap: What you're playing before Sui Generis

Most of the time I play Dota 2, I also play cities skylines once in a while. I love strategy games but feel many are seriously lacking but I have been enjoying Battle Brothers but it is lacking content and features as it is in EA. (Really looking forward to grand ages medieval, Roam, and the guild 3). Rimworld is another of my favourites but I am kind of bored with it as each playthrough may be different but feels like I am just doing the same thing each time, but took me alot of months playing it. Also played signs of life which is kind of awesome, but still lacking in things to do. I have games I haven't finished but lost interest in, Dragon age inquisition is just sitting on my desktop, Alien isolation(cuz im a pu**y), state of decay, how to survive.

What I find very off-putting in todays games is shallow features/mechanics, and the aesthetics of the game. Cant stand serious games with characters that look like they just fell out of a disney cartoon(this is personal preference). DA:Origins horse is too big and runs like it is floating over the terrain, no gallop... The last time I played it I really felt the combat lacking, especially after exanima. Bare Mettle has ruined combat for me.....I hate when in a game you can sit on chairs but then, thats just it, you dont need to, so the animation and mechanics for that are useless. Why no think up things that could be useful for sitting, like approaching a character in a tavern and sitting across from him so you can have some decent convo. OR wanna order food in a tavern? Sit and a lovely wench approaches you to take your order. Your character may sit somewhere and observe something infront of him,like an areana. Just examples and I am rambling on ....

Last edited:

Scarecrow

Insider
Playing some Dark Souls 2, some League, some Tomb Raider. Waiting for MGS 5 as well, which will keep me busy for quite some time I suspect. The release date is 1st of September, and getting real hyped for it.

Thinking of getting back into Witcher 3 as well, haven't played in a couple of months so that should be fun. Do a play through on max difficulty perhaps. Game's filled with content, I'm pretty sure I haven't even seen half of it.

Empire²

Insider
Thinking of getting back into Witcher 3 as well, haven't played in a couple of months so that should be fun. Do a play through on max difficulty perhaps. Game's filled with content, I'm pretty sure I haven't even seen half of it.
Speaking of Witcher 3, I still haven't picked it up yet. That's partially due to my aversion to fighting monsters (I like fighting people more), but watching a let's play of it really made me doubt my resolve. I might end up playing it a bit late, which is fine, because that's what I did with the Witcher 2 and I loved that game.

Scarecrow

Insider
Speaking of Witcher 3, I still haven't picked it up yet. That's partially due to my aversion to fighting monsters (I like fighting people more), but watching a let's play of it really made me doubt my resolve. I might end up playing it a bit late, which is fine, because that's what I did with the Witcher 2 and I loved that game.
Gotta tell you Empire (long time since I've seen you around btw), you should definitely pick it up. Its a great game. And while it involves a lot of fighting monsters, many of those fights are really great. Moreover, there are plenty of humans to fight as well. Witcher 3 is the best one in the series in my opinion, and all the great praise it has received is well deserved.

ZaratanCho

Insider
I am currently doing a second playthrough of Witcher 3, yeah play on max difficulty if you ask me. No reason not to, it doesn't become too grindy like the enemies having too much health. Fights are much nicer too, on low difficulties it just kinda sucks. Been fighting things over twice my level a lot and got a bit tiresome haha. Walked into high level areas when i was level 2-3 and tried to do a level 16 witcher contract, reach the point where i had to fight the boss and no chance, could barely tickle it.

There is a mod to remove level requirements for crafted items which seems pretty good but i don't want to mess with the game still. It makes sense because i am still with a level 1 armor(its ok). Thing is to get the diagrams for the items you need to go through a lot of crap fighting high level enemies(had to kill 14 level wyvern for example at level 6 but there were much nastier ones) and then acquiring the high level rare materials to craft them(i went through a lot of shit getting all the griffin school stuff at level 5-7 and they are for level 11) and you still cant use them for a looong time because of the level req. You cant get them on too low level anyway because of those things. Kinda sucks. Been going around doing side quests and so on but leveling is quite slow as well.

Sure is the best, Witcher 1-2-3 are true sequels each one improving significantly on the previous one.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.