Grand list of dev quotes on features

MowLiao

Insider
Hey guys,

After looking through this several times as a reference, I've realised I found it immensely difficult to find information I was looking for... So I decided to make a reordered list! I put things in a more logical order and categorised everything. I'm fine with whether or not you want to implement this, The Hedge Knight (can I call you Hedgie for short? ;)).

Also, Can I suggest you quote Madoc here about Thaumaturgy effects, or anything else from the thread, because I feel it's missing from this database.

ROLEPLAYING MECHANICS:

Full Realism
Food / Hunger
Sleep
Crafting
Non-Linear Campaign
Rigid Quest / Reward Mechanics
Jobs
Fetch Quests
Alternate Campaigns
Ambiguous Evil
Playable Non-Human Races
Caravans / Horses / Fast Travel

BATTLE MECHANICS:

Turn-Based Combat
Hit Points
Locational Damage
Dismemberment
Healing Potions
Parrying
Rolling
Special Moves
Slowing Time
Sheilds
Stealth
Friendly Fire
Fighting Skill

NPCs:

Child Characters
Elderly Characters
Killing Everyone
Respawning NPCs
Persuasion / Influencing NPCs
Companions / Enemies
Romance
Sex (or "Sexual Actions"?)
Living NPCs
NPC Relationships (or "NPC to NPC Interaction"?)
NPC Groups / Mercenaries
Animal Attacks

GAME MECHANICS:

DRM
Alpha
Multiplayer
Persistent Multiplayer
Liquid Physics
Fire
Object Destruction
Full Destruction
Pausing
Text Based Dialogue / Voice Acting
Dynamic Music
Modding

WORLD:

Large Worlds
Multiple Worlds
Vibrant Colours
Natural Disasters
Unique Locations
Dark Environments

Fawz

Insider
This thread is amazing and is a nice quick way to get access to accurate information about the highly promising SG. Thanks for taking the time!

Where's this update!? Lol. Quite a job you've taken on with this thread Hedgy. I hope you can keep it updated because it really is a valuable resource for the whole community.

Venom

The ones who really need to gives us an update are the devs. I believe a video update is very much required now. We've been in the dark for awhile and I've depended on this thread to know recent news. We shouldn't be bound to the forums to know what's going on in development. A simple video every one or two weeks should do.

Great thread, though. Really admire the contribution.

BigT2themax

Insider
I think someone mentioned that they're currently quitting their day jobs and relocating to their workspace for the development, but they might be working on a few things every now and again? I'm not sure, but I'm pretty sure it'll be a while before we get an update. I think it was Madoc that said that, maybe?

I went looking around for who said that, and found this:
At the moment we're dealing with a lot of different practical stuff and still looking for somewhere to set up (which is proving quite difficult). It's a transitional period in many ways but me and some other team members are putting some solid work into the game. Mostly at the moment we're working on major, major game and other systems that will support future development so they will take some time to bear fruit. Development will pick up pace once some of these are in place and we've sorted out our studio, quit our jobs, relocated etc.

The major things we're currently working on are:
  • Character and equipment system
  • Game object database, statistics and conceptual types
  • Dynamic story, dialogue and NPC behaviour systems
  • Optimal development methods for architectural assets
So, yeah. Let's just be patient about things.
In the meantime, there's plenty of other things to do.

UPDATE. WHAT UPDATE. LEAVE ME ALONE YOU WHIPPER SCHANPPERS I WILL DO IT WHEN I CAN. gpsnpgsngps
I've got some time to kill, hedge, if I knew who all the developers where (I don't know them all, it's terrible :(), I could see if they made any posts since early december and PM you them sweet, sweet, quotes.

I would also like to assist you Hedgy but I'm terrible for saying I'll do something & then not getting around to it. Plus I wouldn't really know where to start. I guess checking each devs list of posts.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.