Healing potions

That would be cool though, if we slowly started turning from excessive use.
Why do you think we only get to sue two in the entire dungeon? It would be an interesting reason for not littering the place with blowing glue jars. People don't make too much of it anymore because it's addictive (or the side effects get worse the more you use). This notion of mine tied in with the fact that death will be handled differently in Sui Generis. In Exanima it's rather more final for now.

I also thought it would be ironic if the side effects of using the healing ointment were related to the symptoms of slowly turning into a zombie. "You can use the healing but don't use too much or you'll turn up like these people."

Murf

Oh I just used the word potion because "everybody" calls them "the healing potions" when discussing the game.
hehe I know and it irks me to no end. Don't ask me why. Just a little OCD when it comes to word usage. Don't even get me started on Websters changing the definition of literally and decimated, sad, sad days.

Faelivrin

Insider
I think the undead are fairly recent underworld residents with the exception of the skellies perhaps. In my opinion the business that the three folks mentioned in most parchments have down there, is tightly related with the wretched lifestyle of the formers.

On the other hand those salves are part of a much older legacy. There is a scroll that talks a bit about this substance and about those mysterious light spheres, if i remember correctly it is suggested that both are part of an ancient lost technology.

However as the OP suggest one of the guys seems to be suffering with nasty changes of mood. We can consider the salve is at fault, but he acknowledged this change on his own behavior before he discovered and took one salve. Why our character is not affected in any way even he takes two?

zhuliks

Insider
However as the OP suggest one of the guys seems to be suffering with nasty changes of mood. We can consider the salve is at fault, but he acknowledged this change on his own behavior before he discovered and took one salve.
Nasty mood changes are not potion related, its like call of Chtulhu, something from deep under messes with everyones heads there. If I remember correctly that light helmet hidden behind shelves seems to be shielding from this mental influence, but everyone there who spent long time underground became unreasonably agressive. Out hero wasnt long enough for it to start influencing him.

Iscandar

Nasty mood changes are not potion related, its like call of Chtulhu, something from deep under messes with everyones heads there. If I remember correctly that light helmet hidden behind shelves seems to be shielding from this mental influence, but everyone there who spent long time underground became unreasonably agressive. Out hero wasnt long enough for it to start influencing him.
A tinfoil helmet perhaps :D

Faelivrin

Insider
Might be :)

Think of the salve this way. You're not healing some paper cut you got with some neosporin, you're healing up a big gash, a few sword cuts, maybe some broken bone, some massive burn, or any combination of all previously listed. The jar still is a little too big for that much, but healing large wounds and stuff like that would take up alot of salve just to fill in the wound and surrounding area.

I just realized I just necroposted. sorreh

ZaratanCho

Insider
Yes and still, everyone is just assuming how the salve works based on silly parallels with simple salves from the 'real world' and we just do not know. Maybe it takes a lot to heal a big wound, needing several applications over absorbing more and more of the salve slowly healing the wound. It does heal slowly over time as well. Could easily be, apply some salve it gets absorbed, apply more etc or something like that. ;d

konggary

Yes and still, everyone is just assuming how the salve works based on silly parallels with simple salves from the 'real world' and we just do not know. Maybe it takes a lot to heal a big wound, needing several applications over absorbing more and more of the salve slowly healing the wound. It does heal slowly over time as well. Could easily be, apply some salve it gets absorbed, apply more etc or something like that. ;d

In one of the parchments, someone was testing out the salve: they said that when they applied it to a wound it "rapidly" healed, but had no effect on his "sickness".

I'm wondering what the hell a blue healing goo would do to broken bones; you can't rub stuff on them. Then again, this is a low fantasy setting. Real world ideas don't apply to a world where you team up with skeletons to fight a demon.

tiny lampe

Insider
Then again, this is a low fantasy setting. Real world ideas don't apply to a world where you team up with skeletons to fight a demon.
I believe that the point of BM's 'brand' of fantasy is to build a world where players can actually apply real world ideas and general common sense. 'Fantasy means screw logic' is very much the antithesis of what BM is trying to do.

konggary

From what I know, there's no real-world salve that can mend broken bones and close up your gaping wounds. From a gameplay perspective, it's practically necessary. From a lore perspective, the less info you give on it the better.

Last edited:

ZaratanCho

Insider
Just saying we don't really know how the substance actually behaves aside from being some sort of salve that heals wounds. Can't even say necessarily exactly what amount is in the jar because its glowing.

From what I know, there's no real-world salve that can mend broken bones and close up your gaping wounds. From a gameplay perspective, it's practically necessary. From a lore perspective, the less info you give on it the better.

PS: Pretty sure "healing potion" is a misnomer (you don't drink it?).
Maybe it boosts bone/tissue regeneration by a very high amount. It doesn't just heal a big chunk of your health like most other games. It also lasts way more than past your initial wounds, so maybe it really it is that much. After some of my own testing, it does eventually does stop regenerating.(Tested with fire button puzzle)

Holy.Death

Insider
What real-life substances do is help natural regeneration process (or, at very least, boost your immune system so you won't die while your body tries to close all the wounds). Bandages only help, because they prevent blood from leaking out AND allow blood to close the wound. In short: imagine healing potion simply speeding up the whole healing process by a significant amount for a short duration.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.