Healing

Greenbrog

Insider
Not certain how everyone feels about how it's done, but personally I'd like if it was slower to heal the permanent health and lasted a longer time, and caused stamina to regenerate faster. Or maybe a different more frequently occurring potion potion that regenerated stamina faster for a short period of time but then caused a small stamina drain or stopped stamina regeneration after a period of time for a period of time, basically caffeine or smelling salts or pure O or aspirin. And more to the point maybe a stimulant to gain temporary physique. All things that really exists, including in a low-fantasy-mid-evil setting. Or maybe a potion that does a little permanent damage to instantly heal stamina, like cocaine. I realize using drugs is taboo, but guerrilla warfare has used stimulants to great effect in wartime situations; on top the fact that drugs in general opens up all sorts of role-playing opportunities and is a trope in fantasy games. Either way I'd like a few/more ways to heal, especially if we're getting strong negative side effects for wearing armor. Or include injuries and bleeding. So bandages would be needed to stifle bleeding and such. I know gore has been talked about, and there is a want for more and even planned; I'm just curious if more/different healing/alchemical effects/uses are planned. And what people would like to see input in the game and it's big brother SG.

Bullethead

My position on in-game intoxication:
Normally, my RPG characters are total reprobrates, mirroring their drunken puppetmaster. But I discovered pretty early in Exanima that my long-standing habit and custom of drinking while playing games was a non-starter in Exanima. Having booze-slowed reactions means frequent restarts. So if I have to stay sober (and in fact sometimes drink coffee instead of booze), my character damn sure is staying sober. He can drink or even get high all he wants on his own time after I close the game---that's his business. But not when he's on the clock :D. .......... However...
If it turns out dying in SG is actually fun from a gameplay standpoint, at least if you don't overdo it, this policy might change. Besides, hopefully there'll be more to do in SG than fight. Exanima, however, looks like it'll always be a dry county.

Now, as to different types of potions, elixirs, remedies, patent medicines, booze, and drugs... I don't know if faster regen of non-permanent damage is all that important if the natural speed remains as of now. I mean, the juice would REALLY have to speed it up, so that nothing but red matters to you in a fight, so you can better withstand being gangbanged. Otherwise, if I'm still standing after a fight, by the time I've finished digging through the trash in the room all my non-permanent damage is long gone.

It might be better to have the effects work on your encumberance. Uppers to speed you up like you're carrying less, downers to slow you down like you're carrying more. Having some permanent damage as a side effect is good, and perhaps hangovers that knock your non-permanent in the ditch and make it slow to come back.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.