Hello a few questions about Sui Generis

Question #1: Will there be a physical boxed retail version of Sui Generis sold at retailer stores when it is released? If so will they be Digital Rights Management (DRM) free? Will there be none of these types of DRM on the box like no CD Keys, Games for Windows Live (GFWL), SecuROM, or Steam Works? Will there be a version specifically for Steam only using Steam Works with Steam achievements. I don't want Steam Works on my physical boxed copy that I buy from the store that belongs on Steam only I like having a collection on my shelf of PC video games without any sort of DRM on them I just want to pop disc in drive click install then play and have the games folder appear in program files not in program files/Steam and will there be a gog.com version as will since they sell DRM free video games I will gladly buy all 3 versions if this happens 1 boxed physical copy from store 1 from gog.com and 1 off of Steam I made a mistake when I bought a physical boxed copy of Fallout: New Vegas from the store and only to see it said on the back it requires Steam and has nothing on the disc but a shortcut to Steam.

Question #2: What Physics Engine is Sui Generis using? Is it using Nvidia's PhysX Physics Engine Software Development Kit (SDK) which is free? or is it using either Bullet, Havok, or Vortex? I read the kickstarter and saw all the videos saying that Madoc coded the Physics Engine but what does that mean did he make his own or use one of the previous 4 I mentioned I hope it is using Nvidia's PhysX because that is the only Physics Engine so far that I know can have the physics that Sui Generis has it has APEX Clothing, APEX Destruction, APEX Vegetation, and APEX Turbulence.

Question #3: Will there be full mod support will we get a Software Development Kit (SDK)? The video I saw showed you can create a seamless landscape without loading screens and change the terrain etc and put all kind of stuff but will we be able to create our own mods? Something like how The Elder Scrolls video games have the Constructions Set/ Creation Kit but with Source Code I hope we get a (SDK) with Source Code.

I can't wait for Sui Generis to be released :D

Skybar

Insider
To my understanding of #1 is that it will only be available as a Digital download, except from the Collectors Edition which of course is physical. I don't know about how it'll be later on, but the digital copies you get from the kickstarter/paypal-rewards are DRM-free.

About #2 I don't think any of what you listed is being used. Certainly not Nvidia, because then only people with Nvidia GPUs could run the game, right?

The soundtrack is probably quite far away yet as well. I think you'd need an actual game, or at the very least a story, to base the music on. So when the game starts to shape up the music will probably follow.

To my understanding of #1 is that it will only be available as a Digital download, except from the Collectors Edition which of course is physical. I don't know about how it'll be later on, but the digital copies you get from the kickstarter/paypal-rewards are DRM-free.

About #2 I don't think any of what you listed is being used. Certainly not Nvidia, because then only people with Nvidia GPUs could run the game, right?

The soundtrack is probably quite far away yet as well. I think you'd need an actual game, or at the very least a story, to base the music on. So when the game starts to shape up the music will probably follow.
People with AMD/ATI graphic cards can still play video games if it uses Nvidia's PhysX Physics Engine you just can't play with PhysX on High or Ultra High depending on how weak or powerful your PC is I have a ATI Radeon 5770 HD Series and I can play Batman: Arkham City and Borderlands 2 with PhysX from Low to Medium without any performance loss at 60FPS. Trust me PhysX works on AMD/ATI graphic cards if you have a PC with like 4GB of RAM, 8GB of RAM, 12GB of RAM, or 16GB of RAM with a 4 Core (Quad Core) Processor or 6-8 core processor and a ATI/AMD 6000 or 7000 series you clocked at 2.6GHz, 3.0GHz, 4.0GHz and up you can play with High or Ultra High settings.

Madoc

Project Lead
Any copy of the game you get from us will be DRM free. We will give you a product key that will allow you to download the latest version of the game directly from us at any time as well patches, free DLC etc.

We don't use any 3rd party technology at all for physics, I built the physics engine from scratch. This goes for everything else too.

Any copy of the game you get from us will be DRM free. We will give you a product key that will allow you to download the latest version of the game directly from us at any time as well patches, free DLC etc.

We don't use any 3rd party technology at all for physics, I built the physics engine from scratch. This goes for everything else too.
WOW Madoc that is incredible I will buy 1 copy from gog.com 1 copy from Steam and 10 copies from the store if there will be physical boxed copies I am serious about this. This is great news to my ears and I will support you with buying that many and even some copies for 7 of my real life friends I guess my video games collection will get bigger on my shelf :D. The free DLC also makes me very very happy.

Hi guys today is the first time I went on http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1473965863/sui-generis since November and have read and seen quite a few updates.

So I have a few questions.

What is dirt mapping? I have never heard of this I have heard of Bump Mapping, Glow Mapping and Parallax Occlusion Mapping only. Does Dirt Mapping add dynamic dirt that accumulates dynamically on the floor boards or just in general inside buildings in 3D? If this is the case this will make me happy.

For my next question.

Since I never backed Sui Generis on http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1473965863/sui-generis will there still be a physical boxed copy of Sui Generis sold at brick and mortar retailer stores like Best Buy, Fry's Electronics, GameStop, Target and Wal-Mart? Especially for people who live in the US who want to buy this video game in a physical box. I know people who backed Sui Generis get physical boxed copies of the video game but what about people who never backed? I hope physical boxed copies of Sui Generis appear at brick and mortar retailer stores.

According to the update, it seems to add dynamic dirt to any surface the devs want. You can kind of see it in the apothecary's shop image.

According to the update, it seems to add dynamic dirt to any surface the devs want. You can kind of see it in the apothecary's shop image.
That's what it looked like to me as well. If this is true you have no idea how happy I will be I have been waiting for years to see a video game that has real time 3D dynamically rendered dirt and particles that interact with anything in the video game including the player and other things.

Fawz

Insider
I'm not so sure the dirt will be dynamic in the sense that it is constantly shifting. If you drop a brand new clean object in a windy dust zone I doubt it'll get filled with dirt overtime dynamically.

I think it's more along the lines of when the Devs make/place assets to create scenes they can use dynamic dirt texture on top to make it look worn in a new way.

calithlin

Insider
That's what it looked like to me as well. If this is true you have no idea how happy I will be I have been waiting for years to see a video game that has real time 3D dynamically rendered dirt and particles that interact with anything in the video game including the player and other things.

It's not 3D dirt particles, but a dirt map, which means texture (the dirt is applied onto an object's UV map). Basically you have things like ambient occlusion maps which can approximate areas of darkness in cracks on an object etc, but what this does is applies a realistic layer of dirt accumulation to walls etc, based on I assume the object's normal maps and proximity to other objects where air circulation would be low and dirt more likely to accumulate. As well, I'd wager to guess they have some amount of randomness added into it based on a noise filter.

Afraid Sui Generis isn't quite working on a euclideon engine/ mass voxel/ virtual atoms level just yet. ;)

Hey guys so last time I logged in was in like June or something like that and I have not seen any new information at all but is Bare Mettle Entertainment gonna release and sell physical boxed versions of Sui Generis at brick and mortar retailer stores? Like in North America and all over the world? If they can't due to financial reasons then maybe when Sui Generis sells a whole bunch of copies off of http://gog.com/, off of Steam, and off of their own website maybe? Hopefully if Bare Mettle Entertainment sells physical boxed versions of Sui Generis they can get a video game publishing company that lets them have 100% full development control over their video game I do not want to see a video game publishing company get any control over Sui Generis at all.

Try Deep Silver they will let Bare Mettle Entertainment have 100% over Sui Generis they will only market and distribute Sui Generis.

inXile Entertainment is doing this with Wasteland 2 Deep Silver will sell physical boxed versions of Wasteland 2 with 0 Digital Rights Management (DRM) copy protection software of any type like CD Keys or Steam, Steam Works on the physical boxed version of Wasteland 2 sold at brick and mortar retailer stores.

You can read about it all on the topic I made on the inXile Entertainment website forums. It has all the information I found out about it in July of this year.

http://wasteland.inxile-entertainment.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4310

Any thoughts? Because I would really like to own physical boxed versions of the PC versions of the video games that I want to purchase I don't like going 100% digital at all and the physical boxed versions of the PC versions of video games that I want to purchase need to be 100% Digital Rights Management (DRM) free.

Well there was a collectors edition that game with a USB, I don't think that's still available though. Or, sine the game has no DRM anyway, you could just create a physical copy for yourself if you don't trust the longevity of steam or something.

Komuflage

Insider
Well there was a collectors edition that game with a USB, I don't think that's still available though. Or, sine the game has no DRM anyway, you could just create a physical copy for yourself if you don't trust the longevity of steam or something.
About the no DRM thing, does that mean that If the game manage to get a online mode, anyone who pirate the game can play on online servers? :eek:

Komuflage

Insider
good question, a simple login feature could solve this for online mode.
Login and a Cd key, used ONLY for online mode. Cd key should not be required for offline :)
And the key should not be binded to a specific account, rather it should only work on 1 pc at a time.
Like BF2, for instance, there you could create 100accounts if you so liked.

Parco

agreed, would be annoying having to log in just to play lan or even worse in order to get to play singleplayer. i dont rly agree that cd-key would just work for 1 pc at a time as ive got multiple computers :p, i think just having to log in would be proof enough that you own the game. why not connect the log in to the forum account? that way they wont have to create a whole new server just for game logins. by logging in you get access the a list of open servers.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.