Hello a few questions about Sui Generis

Really nice to see everyone talking about the requirements. I was wondering if i would be able to play this game on max settings since talking to a friend about it and he said it looked like it would have a lot performance issues. But it looks like it wont be a problem with a i7 and a 4gb 770.

For the time being we're just going to go with 32 bit, for compatibility and there being no good reason to go 64 bit, 32 bit will probably just perform better over all. How video ram is used is down to the OS architecture and video driver, not the application (typically at least, there may be exceptions).
Hey so I am wondering since Sui Generis is 32 bit for now I have 4GB of RAM and my graphic card has 1GB of VRAM and run Windows 7 I am planning on upgrading my PC to have 8GB of RAM or 12GB of RAM and a graphic card with at least 3GB of VRAM unless Nvidia's graphic cards with the Maxwell technology on 20nm gets released for sale this year the Nvidia GTX 880 or whatever Nvidia will name them rumors are that there will be 2 versions 1 version with 8GB GDDR5 VRAM and 1 version with 12GB GDDR5 VRAM.

If I upgrade my PC to 8GB of RAM and a graphic card with 3GB of GDDR5 VRAM or 8GB GDDR5 VRAM and with you guys releasing mod tools will 64 bit not matter?

What if I want to make a bunch of mods with lots of different animations? What if I want to make 2K textures, 4K textures or even 8k textures mods? What if I want to have lots of NPC's on screen like 100 NPC's in some areas?

The PC versions of The Elder Scrolls video games I can do a lot with mods but the problems is they were designed for consoles and the 32 bit also limits me from making complex mods if I make complex mods I start crashing or freezing.

Thankfully someone developed a mod that lets you achieve more complex mods for the PC version of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.

Read about all the information here if you want.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=754412

Hey so I am wondering since Sui Generis is 32 bit for now I have 4GB of RAM and my graphic card has 1GB of VRAM and run Windows 7 I am planning on upgrading my PC to have 8GB of RAM or 12GB of RAM and a graphic card with at least 3GB of VRAM unless Nvidia's graphic cards with the Maxwell technology on 20nm gets released for sale this year the Nvidia GTX 880 or whatever Nvidia will name them rumors are that there will be 2 versions 1 version with 8GB GDDR5 VRAM and 1 version with 12GB GDDR5 VRAM.

If I upgrade my PC to 8GB of RAM and a graphic card with 3GB of GDDR5 VRAM or 8GB GDDR5 VRAM and with you guys releasing mod tools will 64 bit not matter?

What if I want to make a bunch of mods with lots of different animations? What if I want to make 2K textures, 4K textures or even 8k textures mods? What if I want to have lots of NPC's on screen like 100 NPC's in some areas?

The PC versions of The Elder Scrolls video games I can do a lot with mods but the problems is they were designed for consoles and the 32 bit also limits me from making complex mods if I make complex mods I start crashing or freezing.

Thankfully someone developed a mod that lets you achieve more complex mods for the PC version of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.

Read about all the information here if you want.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=754412
Assuming modding will be an option :p

Questions.

Question #1. Will BareMettle Entertainment have support for Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 8.1 for Sui Generis? I really hope BareMettle Entertainment does not go with a exclusive Windows version for Sui Generis. I know Sui Generis will be released for Linux and MAC OS X as well but my PC's all ahve only Windows installed on them and Windows is the only Operating System I play PC versions of video games on. I know Sui Generis also runs on OpenGL. But please add support for Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 8.1. I have 4 PC's that I play on 1 PC has Windows XP installed to play old PC video games my 2nd PC has Windows Vista my 3rd PC has Windows 7 64 bit installed which is my main PC and my 4th PC has Windows 8 installed because I try Windows 8 every now and then.

I hate it how some video game development companies don't add support for a Windows versions because they say oh it uses DirectX 11 and we cannot have Windows XP support. The PC version of Metro: Last Light supports Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8 as well as DirectX 9, DirectX 10, and DirectX 11. It's just a excuse to skimp out on a Windows version because that video game development company wants it to be exclusive for what reason I don't know is beyond me and the PC version of video games I am talking about are the PC version of Call of Duty: Black Ops II and the PC version of Call of Duty: Ghosts.

Exclusivity is stupid.

Question #2. Still no word on 64 bit makes me sad but I really hope Sui Generis will get mod tools and 64 bit executable support in the future. Otherwise :/.

Question #3. Will BareMettle Entertainment ever plan to add DirectX 9 support for Sui Generis. I personally don't care if Sui Generis has support for DirectX 9, DirectX 10, DirectX 11, DirectX 11.1 or OpenGL x.x or support for both DirectX and OpenGL. But I have a real life friend who refuses to purchase or play PC versions of video games it they support OpenGL only. I don't know why :/ and I purchase PC versions of video games for him sometimes for his birthday, Easter, and Christmas.

As I said before exclusivity is stupid.

666jet

Insider
Dude if they used directx it would be exclusive however opengl runs on the graphics card therefore it depends on the graphics card not the os and they are making it 32 bit to cater for more people they are on a tight schedule and might bring a 64 bit in later and same for modding tool right now they take a very complex setup and multiple computers and a server and is currently made to be able for madoc to put new engine changing scripts into it

Last edited:
Dude if they used directx it would be exclusive however opengl runs on the graphics card therefore it depends on the graphics card not the is and they are making it 32 bit to cater for more people they are on a tight schedule and might bring a 64 bit in later and same for modding tool right now they take a very complex setup and multiple computers and a server and is currently made to be able for madoc to put new engine changing scripts into it
I actually don't care that Sui Generis supports OpenGL I said that one of my real life friend is loyal to only one brand and does not purchase the PC versions of video games if they don't have support for DirectX. Me I will be purchasing a copy of Sui Generis for my real life friend and gifting it to him for his birthday this year. If he plays Sui Generis then that's good if not well then there is nothing I can do and try to change his stubborn mind.

I also know that BareMettle Entertainment is on a tight schedule. The 64 bit and mod tools don't have to be added now they can work on developing these features after Sui Generis gets released for sale.

I personally hope Sui Generis sells extremely well earning BareMettle Entertainment a lot of money I myself will be purchasing probably up to 10 copies of Sui Generis.

Looking at the Steam survey charts more people are running 64 bit Operating Systems (OS's) I am ok with 32 bit being supported because Sui Generis looks so damn good that I am purchasing Sui Generis on day one no matter what. I have been waiting for a video game like Sui Generis to be released for sale on PC for over a decade.

I am going to support BareMettle Entertainment for years to come. I do not want to see BareMettle Entertainment go out of business. All the money I am saving by not purchasing video games published by Bethesda Softworks will go to Baremettle Entertainment and CD Projekt RED.

I don't know if cussing is allowed here but **** Bethesda Softworks and their crappy console ports and pro-DRM views. Since 2012 I have not purchased 1 single video game published by Bethesda Softworks. Lots of money saved just for BareMettle Entertainment and CD Projekt RED.

I hope BareMettle Entertainment is happy I will be a customer to their company for years.

Tony

Insider
Dude if they used directx it would be exclusive however opengl runs on the graphics card therefore it depends on the graphics card not the is and they are making it 32 bit to cater for more people they are on a tight schedule and might bring a 64 bit in later and same for modding tool right now they take a very complex setup and multiple computers and a server and is currently made to be able for madoc to put new engine changing scripts into it
Your posts always make me smile. It's fun trying to decipher the single, long sentence which usually contains many separate ideas. It's almost like doing a daily crossword puzzle or something ;)

Nubby

Insider
Questions.

Question #1. Will BareMettle Entertainment have support for Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 8.1 for Sui Generis? I really hope BareMettle Entertainment does not go with a exclusive Windows version for Sui Generis. I know Sui Generis will be released for Linux and MAC OS X as well but my PC's all ahve only Windows installed on them and Windows is the only Operating System I play PC versions of video games on. I know Sui Generis also runs on OpenGL. But please add support for Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 8.1. I have 4 PC's that I play on 1 PC has Windows XP installed to play old PC video games my 2nd PC has Windows Vista my 3rd PC has Windows 7 64 bit installed which is my main PC and my 4th PC has Windows 8 installed because I try Windows 8 every now and then.

I hate it how some video game development companies don't add support for a Windows versions because they say oh it uses DirectX 11 and we cannot have Windows XP support. The PC version of Metro: Last Light supports Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8 as well as DirectX 9, DirectX 10, and DirectX 11. It's just a excuse to skimp out on a Windows version because that video game development company wants it to be exclusive for what reason I don't know is beyond me and the PC version of video games I am talking about are the PC version of Call of Duty: Black Ops II and the PC version of Call of Duty: Ghosts.

Exclusivity is stupid.

Question #2. Still no word on 64 bit makes me sad but I really hope Sui Generis will get mod tools and 64 bit executable support in the future. Otherwise :/.

Question #3. Will BareMettle Entertainment ever plan to add DirectX 9 support for Sui Generis. I personally don't care if Sui Generis has support for DirectX 9, DirectX 10, DirectX 11, DirectX 11.1 or OpenGL x.x or support for both DirectX and OpenGL. But I have a real life friend who refuses to purchase or play PC versions of video games it they support OpenGL only. I don't know why :/ and I purchase PC versions of video games for him sometimes for his birthday, Easter, and Christmas.

As I said before exclusivity is stupid.

Honestly, building support for older versions costs time and money and since time = money it costs alot of money.
Money they could spend on building more awesomeness.
And who in their right mind is running windows xp on a pc capable of running games??
And if they were to support older versions...why stop at xp, why not support 98 or 95 or even further back?

As to the 64 bit support, first you ask for backwards compatibility....then you go on to ask for 64-bit which might not even be usefull. Ofcourse they could add a build for 64-bit, but unless they actually use it in their programming it won't change anything.

TL;DR: Money.

666jet

Insider
Your posts always make me smile. It's fun trying to decipher the single, long sentence which usually contains many separate ideas. It's almost like doing a daily crossword puzzle or something ;)
Why thank you i'd just woke up and was using my phone so well screw punctuation. :)

Honestly, building support for older versions costs time and money and since time = money it costs alot of money.
Money they could spend on building more awesomeness.
And who in their right mind is running windows xp on a pc capable of running games??
And if they were to support older versions...why stop at xp, why not support 98 or 95 or even further back?

As to the 64 bit support, first you ask for backwards compatibility....then you go on to ask for 64-bit which might not even be usefull. Ofcourse they could add a build for 64-bit, but unless they actually use it in their programming it won't change anything.

TL;DR: Money.
Windows XP still has life for a video game like Sui Generis you know and Windows XP supports 64 bit as well.

How is 64 bit not useful? If we are going to get mod tools and want to make very demanding graphics mods to use up more than 3GB of VRAM or put like 500 NPC's in one area we need more than 3GB of RAM.

The 3.1GB limit for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim only lets you put 300 NPC's in one area before crashing or freezing because of the 32 bit 3.1GB limit that The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim's engine limitations.

Pilluminati

Insider
Windows XP still has life for a video game like Sui Generis you know and Windows XP supports 64 bit as well.

How is 64 bit not useful? If we are going to get mod tools and want to make very demanding graphics mods to use up more than 3GB of VRAM or put like 500 NPC's in one area we need more than 3GB of RAM.

The 3.1GB limit for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim only lets you put 300 NPC's in one area before crashing or freezing because of the 32 bit 3.1GB limit that The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim's engine limitations.
It's almost 12 years old ffs and it's causing all sorts of problems for developers because people are too stubborn to switch from it. I'm so glad Microsoft dropped support for it so we can finally move on.

Nubby

Insider

honestly, when you put 500 npc's onscreen memory addressing is gonna be the last of your problems, since sui is very physics heavy your cpu is gonna die...

666jet

Insider
in all honesty i'm slightly glad for the fact that it wont take up so much ram so i can ram disk it screw you ssd rams a lot faster :), when its finally on linux it will be lightning fast

Rob

in all honesty i'm slightly glad for the fact that it wont take up so much ram so i can ram disk it screw you ssd rams a lot faster :), when its finally on linux it will be lightning fast
Not sure it works quite like that in practice... :D

Reactions: lvk
It's almost 12 years old ffs and it's causing all sorts of problems for developers because people are too stubborn to switch from it. I'm so glad Microsoft dropped support for it so we can finally move on.
Yes Windows XP is 12 years old but it's still good and has a few years of life left in it. Sadly Microsoft will stop Windows XP support later this year :/. I never understood why Microsoft doesn't support their old Operating Systems (OS's) forever. Linux I think can get supported forever? Since it's open source and the source code is made available to any PC gamer to download and program whatever they want on Linux.

The only thing Windows XP cannot do is stuff like tessellation and sub surface scattering since Windows XP does not support DirectX 11. This again was stupid of Microsoft to not release DirectX 10, DirectX 11, DirectX 11.1, and DirectX 11.2 for Windows XP since Microsoft uses new display drivers for those 2 new DirectX versions :/.

Sui Generis does not even use tessellation or subsurface scattering or at least I have not read about it yet so Sui Generis should also be released for Windows XP for sale as well so BareMettle Entertainment can earn more money. Lots of PC gamers still play their video games on Windows XP. Especially PC gamer who play old PC versions of video games that released for sale in the 1990's and early 2000's. Not all PC gamers want to upgrade their Operating Systems (OS's) to play the newest PC versions of video game that are released for sale exclusively on the newest Operating Systems (OS's).

Hopfully one of the VALVe employee who was in charge of Steam who left VALVe in 2013 to work for Microsoft ends up having Microsoft support their old Operating Systems (OS's) to be supported forever and maybe make them open source. At least that's what I read somewhere where he wants to make Windows a better video game Operating System (OS).

Speaking of API's since Windows XP does not support DirectX 10 and DirectX 11. Can OpenGL 4.1, 4.2, 4.3, 4.4 or whatever version of OpenGL supports tessellation and subsurface scattering run on Windows XP? I know OpenGL runs on Windows but I don't know to much about OpenGL versions that run on Windows if they have new display drivers or whatever.

Brendan

Developer
The game should work fine on Windows XP (with SP3). OpenGL (unlike DirectX, ironically, don't get me started on that but this article pretty much nails it if you're interested: http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/133824-valve-opengl-is-faster-than-directx-even-on-windows) is fully supported so there's no issue there.

As for system RAM, the engine is very efficient so it really just isn't a problem. It could use a full 4GB with a 64-bit OS or 3GB with a 32-bit OS but even 2GB should be plenty. Adding lots of characters or objects etc. wouldn't change that, as @Nubby rightly pointed out you'll hit the limits of your CPU long before addressing memory becomes a problem. VRAM usage is higher and could potentially be very high (with extreme/future settings or mods etc.), but that's handled by the graphics driver/OS, not the application, so you can already use as much as your system will let you.

Something to note about texture resolution is that there is a limit to how high it should be, based on the resolution of your screen and the size/distance of the object from the camera. While in a first person game there's almost no limit to how much resolution can improve the appearance of textures, this is not the case with our view. The textures we use are already very high resolution and we've taken a number of steps to further improve the quality that would be very difficult to replicate. Some of our textures are procedural and somewhat limited in resolution (e.g. the terrain) but because they are procedural this is down to engine systems and modders would not be able to simply increase their resolution, they could still however modify their appearance. Bottom line, you're unlikely to have much need or use for higher res textures and therefore more VRAM.

The game should work fine on Windows XP (with SP3). OpenGL (unlike DirectX, ironically, don't get me started on that but this article pretty much nails it if you're interested: http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/133824-valve-opengl-is-faster-than-directx-even-on-windows) is fully supported so there's no issue there.

As for system RAM, the engine is very efficient so it really just isn't a problem. It could use a full 4GB with a 64-bit OS or 3GB with a 32-bit OS but even 2GB should be plenty. Adding lots of characters or objects etc. wouldn't change that, as @Nubby rightly pointed out you'll hit the limits of your CPU long before addressing memory becomes a problem. VRAM usage is higher and could potentially be very high (with extreme/future settings or mods etc.), but that's handled by the graphics driver/OS, not the application, so you can already use as much as your system will let you.

Something to note about texture resolution is that it is there is a limit to how high it should be, based on the resolution of your screen and the size/distance of the object from the camera. While in a first person game there's almost no limit to how much resolution can improve the appearance of textures, this is not the case with our view. The textures we use are already very high resolution and we've taken a number of steps to further improve the quality that would be very difficult to replicate. Some of our textures are procedural and somewhat limited in resolution (e.g. the terrain) but because they are procedural this is down to engine systems and modders would not be able to simply increase their resolution, they could still however modify their appearance. Bottom line, you're unlikely to have much need or use for higher res textures and therefore more VRAM.
YAY! This answer just made me purchase Sui Generis on the day it gets released for sale at 100%.

Man BareMettle Entertainment is so awesome. I wish more video game development companies were like you and CD Projekt RED.

ROCK ON BareMettle.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.