How do I progress to level 5?

melchaios

Currently at level 4, wiped out with no enemies left. Went in circles through the whole labyrinth but for the life of me I can't find the entrance to the 5th level. There are 2 closed doors, double clicked on them, dragged them and they don't open, they don't even make a locked sound. There's also a passage with a barred gate near the portal, but there's no switch or lever nearby to open it, also tried to double click and drag it with no avail. So, how do I get to the next level?

melchaios

DerekP

Wow, that's weird. The lever should be about 2 feet to the left of that door, I can tell it's most definitely missing thanks to your helpful screenshots. Do you have the game on steam or are you using another distribution platform? It's possible your version hasn't received the update if you are using another service, or if you purchased the game directly from bare mettle you will need to download the updated version(someone with more exp is welcome to chime in here, I'm steam all the way). Please feel free to private message me if you need more help and I'll be happy to assist. Good luck!

melchaios

I'm on steam too. Other recent features are available to me, I have the "primary" and "secondary" setups in my inventory, and I have access to the shield skills, which wasn't there before. Damn! so there should be a lever right there? this is worse than I thought :(. That's 2 gamebreaking bugs for me, first the torch disapears from my inventory which is essential to traverse the maze; and now I can't go to level 5. I suppose the only thing I can do is try to go back to a previous level and have a mob kill me so I can get to the checkpoint after level 3, a damn shame since I was very happy with the gear I collected when I cleared level 4.

Not sure if I left anyone alive in previous levels however :oops:, if there's no one left to kill me then I'm seriously fucked

DerekP

You could also try verifying the integrity of your game by right clicking on examina in your steam menu and click properties>local files>verify integrity of game cache. I don't have any other ideas other then you killing yourself. Good luck, let me know what works for you if you figure it out.

Chase

Insider
Old post-portal saves aren't compatible with the latest versions, so your character will need to die in order to reset at the portal. You should have gotten a warning telling you that the save was incompatible and asking if you wanted to reset. If you didn't see that, you may be playing an outdated version of the game (current ver. is 0.6.3.7).

melchaios

Damn, I did get that message, however I didn't catch the uncompatibility part. I thought it asked me if I wanted to experience level 4 again, and of course I didn't want to fight the ogre again, hence why I declined. Well, I suppose I'll go kill myself. Thanks for the tip

Tyon

The good part is you don't need to do level 4 in order to progress to level 5, and the gear you will find in level 5 will be much better anyway.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.