I want to be able to roll when downed.

MindSliver

I don't know about you all but every time I fight a certain someone that makes you rag doll every time he breathes in your direction, once I'm knocked down I'm never up again... I swear I've tried fighting him 4-5 times now and every single time if I get hit once he'll just walk over to me and keep doing the two hand overhead smash over and over until I'm unconscious... Am I just supposed to keep fighting him until he decides not to use his favorite tactic?

And yes I know about a certain hole but that defeats the purpose in my mind.

"WASD" keybinds should affect you while lying down. Since roll is too complicated to implement yet - if "WASD" move you a little before stand up again, it may be helpful against these blows.

MindSliver

How about just holding C + WASD to keep crawling/rolling until you want to stand up?
THIS!, you hit the ground... if you want to get straight to your feet you do nothing, if you wish to get away from your opponent you just hold c to stay down but you can roll away immediately, hopefully in time to avoid the dreaded hands of fate.

Greenbrog

Insider
With how fast Sir is, rolling probably isn't going to help much. That said rolling and crawling, would eventually be nice. Tumbling though, that is a no-no.

Nomad

With how fast Sir is, rolling probably isn't going to help much. That said rolling and crawling, would eventually be nice. Tumbling though, that is a no-no.
It coould save your life. If your roll or crawl out of Sir's range as it attacks.
I like the C+wasd idea!

Nomad

Rolling on the ground and crawling is a good idea, but please no dark souls rolling ))
I always hated the darksouls rolling around. Other than the crawl, a "step" move like in the witcher3 or Blade of darkness would be useful. Its like the dash thats already there, just the animation that needs changing. Instead of 3 drunken steps, a long side/back step in a springy manner would be realistic.

Madoc

Project Lead
You realise that in Witcher 3 and the like you slide around and do quadruple time movements like a supercharged version of The Flash? Those aren't steps, they're basically teleports. When the constraints of physics are involved moving a decent distance in a short time is not so simple, try it at home...

If there's going to be some way to avoid attacks when prone it has to be something practical, not something that completely defies physics. In real life people don't zip and roll around at lightning speeds.

NachoDawg

@Madoc but what about crawling on all 4, or doing a side-roll from laying the back/stomach? Rolling 180 degrees to the side could have saved me countless times from Sir, or give a chance of evading a downwards strike from a human who tripped me

edit: to clarify, I'm not talking about horizontal somersaults or anything, just turning over when laying down

Nomad

You realise that in Witcher 3 and the like you slide around and do quadruple time movements like a supercharged version of The Flash? Those aren't steps, they're basically teleports. When the constraints of physics are involved moving a decent distance in a short time is not so simple, try it at home...

If there's going to be some way to avoid attacks when prone it has to be something practical, not something that completely defies physics. In real life people don't zip and roll around at lightning speeds.
Thats not what I said or meant. If you have played Blade of darkness then you know what I mean.
And the crawling or whatever, is just for getting back from Sir's op ground and pound attacks

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.