I'm giving up on the game

Tyon

For the past 2 hours I've been playing Exanima arena with various weapons, after having watched youtube tutorials and...it's not working at all.

I think that people who say that combat is amazing are greatly underestimating the randomness of it.

If there will not be a robust ranged combat system, via either bow/crossbow or spells, I think the game will be a bust.

There is much greater excitement, skill and fun to be had in a game such as Dragon Nest.
Sorry to sound rude, but this game isn't for you if you expect to master it in only 2 hours. Also, there's is literally no randomness to the game (in theory) once you get good. YOU are in control over pretty much everything, when to swing, how hard, where you want the weapon to hit, etc; it's all under your control.

Elaxter

Insider
I consistently do well in this game. It's not that hard once you get the hang of it. It's a pretty easy game.

If you want a random weapon and fighting experience, try using the Hatchet. This game is hard, and it's going to be a long and hard process to get good. If you want to play story and not die, lock anything and everything into a room. Doors are your best shields.

Stratohero

I deleted it.

At one point I even got to the guy with big hammer, but then afterwards I couldn't pass the first guy three times in a row.

That's no way to design a game. I guess I'll wait for ranged combat as a last chance for this game.

burgzaza

Insider
Wow, so you lose three times and you delete any game ?I Even the arena requires some patience and focus...
Anyways you said you never liked melee games in another post ( why even bother ? :D )... so yeah wait for easy mode archery :p

I'm not sure it will be easy by the way, it could even be dangerous and involve a lot of melee too. Expect tears there too.

Not a way to design a game ? what would you know ? You are right, Just ignore all the replies above...

I deleted it.

At one point I even got to the guy with big hammer, but then afterwards I couldn't pass the first guy three times in a row.

That's no way to design a game. I guess I'll wait for ranged combat as a last chance for this game.
When I first started this game, I didn't even know there was a forum. I just played by myself and figured out how to fight. I used to be unable to beat the guy with the mace and shield.

Pilluminati

Insider
I deleted it.

Wow, now I'm not sure if you're trolling or not. Either way, thanks for the entertainment. Did you cut your legs off when you first managed to walk and then failed to get as far a couple of times afterwards as a kid? Cus that was clearly the fault of your legs and had nothing to do with you sucking at walking. No way to design a game? That's like saying "that's no way to make music" to Blues, Jazz or some other genre just because everyone doesn't appreciate it at first or even at all. Not that those genres are inherently better or anything. And clearly the devs should listen to you since you have a phd in game design right?
LOL, the randomness of melee combat was why ranged weaponry in real life was invented in the first place.
Troll confirmed...

NachoDawg

Just deem him a troll. After all the replies and then that's what he has to say? He's either trolling or just not in the target audience (some maturity is required in this game apparently)

@Stratohero, I think you gave up too early. It took me around 10h of play time, more or less 50/50 split on story vs. arena to actually get the feel for combat. Mind, I actually consider myself quite terrible at these kinds of games. I probably died more than 100 times in Dark Souls before getting to Anor Londo.

I also think Exanima is a bit more difficult than DS, but also much fairer. There are no crazy monsters that don't operate under same laws you do. There are no bad hitboxes - not sure if it's pixel perfect, but definitely close. The skill system is also a very small part of the gameplay IMO - it's 80% player skill, 20% character, so you can't make a "broken build".

Combat is very, very different from anything else. It is really all about timing, and precision, and much less about speed or being able to press 5 buttons at a same time.

Stratohero

@StratoheroI probably died more than 100 times in Dark Souls before getting to Anor Londo.
Speaking of that, I despise such horribly designed games where you plow through by the method of trial and error. Just brute forcing it.

I always play games on hardcore, and even those that don't have it. For example, if I died in Mass Effect I would start the whole game over with a new character.

Greenbrog

Insider
So this game is perfect then. When you get good, you win with low risk. If you're dieing , you're not good. Should be right up your alley. Turn off checkpoints. And understand the game doesn't start till after the portal and everything up to them was just base charecter development.

Pancakez54

Insider
Vindictus and similar true action combat games, and I'm just not getting a sense of accomplishment here.
I've played Vindictus with one level 90 char and another level 80. It is not ever in any form of the word a true action game. It's the best mmo action combat yes, but compared to other games that are not mmo it's god fucking awful. And plus you really couldn't be any far away from a comparative game. Dark/Demon/ThatOneIForgot Souls, but definitely not Vindictus.

Speaking of that, I despise such horribly designed games where you plow through by the method of trial and error. Just brute forcing it.

I always play games on hardcore, and even those that don't have it. For example, if I died in Mass Effect I would start the whole game over with a new character.
Also, a game is not "Horribly Designed" if you have to actually learn the game. You rarely win in dark souls for sheer luck of trying and trying. Every death you're meant to be learning and getting better each time. The same goes for Exanima.

Nynuc

Insider
For the past 2 hours I've been playing Exanima arena with various weapons, after having watched youtube tutorials and...it's not working at all.

I think that people who say that combat is amazing are greatly underestimating the randomness of it.

If there will not be a robust ranged combat system, via either bow/crossbow or spells, I think the game will be a bust.

There is much greater excitement, skill and fun to be had in a game such as Dragon Nest.
>randomness

The key to learning this game is like learning anything else in life. You need to have patience, focus, and time. The biggest thing is if you feel frustrated, Stop playing, and come back later.
Make your mistakes honest and blame yourself for dying and not the game.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.