IncGamers Sui Generis QA

Tottel

Insider
Thanks Mardoc! It was a very interesting read. I hope this gets you guys some more attention among gamers, and hopefully some more funding. :)

lvk

Insider
Nice! I feel this interview comes closest to the understanding for the game shown in the Forbes interview with Erik Kain. They asked a lot of right questions that resulted in helpful dialogue for new players coming across the game for the first time, and not knowing what the game's goals are. Though Erik deserves some additional credit for being that far in understanding it before anything besides the pitch video was ever shown.

Udolf

Insider
There's a little news article on rpgwatch.com with the link to the interview. But the people who respond to the article (most of them backers of Sui Generis) seem not to understand madocs concepts (or didn't read it).
Example: "I don't have much hope for game itself but engine looks great.I hope they licence it to dev with more resources and clear vision."

lvk

Insider
Example: "I don't have much hope for game itself but engine looks great.I hope they licence it to dev with more resources and clear vision."
I think that could potentially be the worst comment someone could direct at the team/game, which has to be some kind of achievement.

Scarecrow

Insider
There's a little news article on rpgwatch.com with the link to the interview. But the people who respond to the article (most of them backers of Sui Generis) seem not to understand madocs concepts (or didn't read it).
Well that is just a tendency with people on the internet. They don't bother to actually read into it and try to understand it, and just decides for themselves that "there isn't much hope for the game". Its ridiculous really, but sadly the truth. People are lazy, and way too quick to judge. Once Exanima is released, and Sui Generis gets into alpha/beta I think (and hope) a lot of the nay-sayers will realize just what is being accomplished here. It is in many ways revolutionary for the RPG-genre (in my opinion).

Tony

Insider
I think Madoc said it best: people need to play the game to really understand what it's all about. People have too many ideas about what a game should or should not be so they automatically reject anything that doesn't fit into their preconceived mold. For many people it's not easy to recognize and appreciate something new as being a good thing; it's much easier to simply avoid the unknown and unproven. This type of person will only praise Exanima or Sui Generis after it's already proven by others to be a great game.

Last edited:

ZaratanCho

Insider
Madoc put a lot of things well in the interview.

Most comments at rpgwatch are absolutely idiotic, knew i shouldn't have looked at them, best to ignore those.

Komuflage

Insider
Great read, really enjoyed it.

I also read the rpgwatch comments, and while I can't say I fully agree with them, I do understand how they see it. I still stand to my prediction that this will be an amazing game that very few will know about, but I think that's just the nature of things, people want easy win games with instant satisfaction. I do really hope I'm wrong though :rolleyes:

Parco

seems couchpotato from rpgwatch wants an interview as well, but the question is; will they change their minds if they got one?
anyway, nicely done on the interview.

Pilluminati

Insider
Some of the comments made me wanna *BEEEEEEEP (censored for your own good)*.
But... I can understand where some of them are coming from. There's been lots of open world games with lots and lots of promises and don't think any of them have succeeded. Without knowing too much about the game, Sui generis might sound like just another open world game based on what was said in the interview.

Good interview though, I recommend you put more emphasis on the fact that there is a story next time. Just that it plays out differently from your usual rpgs. You really have to make it extra clear with these people...

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.