Is it just me or are hand wounds significantly more common?

tiniuclx

I wonder if anyone else noticed this... in the latest update it feels like injuring the opponent's hands happens more often, especially when they're starting an attack, or already attacking.

Pc Genie

I haven't noticed anything specific in terms of the latest updates, but I have certainly noticed quite a few hand strikes overall. Being someone in H.E.M.A, I would like to say it's not at all unrealistic to go about hand carving like a mad sadist (it's a terrible habit of mine in sparring, to the detriment of other hits)!

Anyway, isn't that the beauty of the game's armour system, exploiting any tiny gaps in an opponent's armour to delicious effect? I remember a moment I recorded for an Exanima game review and I somehow managed to slice a helmeted opponent's face.

Midcal9

I did. It's a side effect of the combat system patch. And i like it. I wish I could cut off their fingers!

Peasant135

If there is a part of opponent's body that gets bled more often it would be the upper leg. For reasons of technical nature( I immagine ) the developers didnt make gambesons as long as they were historically. Yes there are padded trousers in the game but I feel like their selection is of somewhat lower priority to the AI in the arena than greaves, although the upper legs gets hit more often. Again, not a big deal but I thought it might be worth noticing.

Pc Genie

If there is a part of opponent's body that gets bled more often it would be the upper leg. For reasons of technical nature( I immagine ) the developers didnt make gambesons as long as they were historically. Yes there are padded trousers in the game but I feel like their selection is of somewhat lower priority to the AI in the arena than greaves, although the upper legs gets hit more often. Again, not a big deal but I thought it might be worth noticing.
Yeah, I noticed how some idiots wear decent leather or steel greaves, but then cover their upper legs with basic linen and leather trousers. Even a spacebar holder like me can easily slice them up!

Kasper

I wonder if anyone else noticed this... in the latest update it feels like injuring the opponent's hands happens more often, especially when they're starting an attack, or already attacking.
I did and I think it's great right now. Earlier there was no point whatsoever in having any kind of hand protection. And indeed it's somehow realistic now, since it happens quite often during sparrings, even if the other person is not intentionally trying to snipe your hands.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.