Is it possible to change the name of your arena characters?

Yeo

First off, loved the game. Best combat I've seen in my gaming life.

I've reached Expert level with my Main and my one and only recruit. No cheats, no roaming save cheat (well, actually once. I had my Main ducked inside the furnace in the /left/dining room and burnt to death. Haha). I made their names as a gag thinking they won't survive long in the arena; and I've grown attached to these buffoons as they kept kicking full-plated master level ass with novice weapons. Their names however, not so honorable.

Is there any possible way to change their names? I'm no techkie but perhaps notepad code files?

Solinarius

- Navigate %appdata%\exanima
- Backup saves
- Open the appropriate Arena save and search for the names
- Toggle Insert to overwrite the names (I think 16 characters is the limit)

Yeo

- Navigate %appdata%\exanima
- Backup saves
- Open the appropriate Arena save and search for the names
- Toggle Insert to overwrite the names (I think 16 characters is the limit)
Instructions unclear. Game save ruined. rsg files (even the backup saves) are now opened with notepad and can't revert it back. Thanks.

Better uninstall the game than startover.

MrApophos

Instructions unclear. Game save ruined. rsg files (even the backup saves) are now opened with notepad and can't revert it back. Thanks.

Just make sure you install again!

Roryn

Insider

I think the key was to "backup saves", unfortunately.

Edit: Hah, almost 2 weeks after I post this and I finally see that you said that you did backup the saves lol.

Last edited:
I think the problem is that these files may not be editable without breaking them in notepad. I know while modding saints row the .xtbl files can be modified but will break if modified with notepad.

P5ykoOHD

Edit:
I made a steam Guide for this
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2034540997

You can do it with a Hex editor, just open the save file you wish to modify, ctrl+f and search for the name you want to change, then simply highlight it and modify as wanted, hex values will change automatically ^^

HxD is what I used for these screenshots, then just press save and load your game again (be sure the game is closed when editing anything)

mKDHOPU.png
l7yvE0O.png
c5XUabD.png
JS4DEiJ.png

You can change the name of both AI characters and your own characters ...
I'm just not too sure the Devs are really ok with this.
Hope I won't get banned from the Forums for sharing ^^

Edit at your own risk !
Always make backups before attempting any modification of the game files !

Last edited:

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.