Kickstarter Campaign

Stahlin

Insider
Hey, what I did to support the Kickstarter Campaign:

1. Got a Reddit account and upvoted all the Sui Generis Posts there.

2. Upvoted the comment at TotalBuiscits Youtube Maia Vid that asks for a Sui Generis Vid.

What else can I do?

PS: I dont have a credit card so I cannot put money on the campaign itself, but I threw some money in via paypal...

Rob

Hey, what I did to support the Kickstarter Campaign:

1. Got a Reddit account and upvoted all the Sui Generis Posts there.

2. Upvoted the comment at TotalBuiscits Youtube Maia Vid that asks for a Sui Generis Vid.

What else can I do?

PS: I dont have a credit card so I cannot put money on the campaign itself, but I threw some money in via paypal...
I suppose people in this situation could go via an intermediary, i.e. ask a friend/relative to put money on the campaign for you, and promise to give them the money in cash? Surely all you need is an amazon account in order to pay through Kickstarter... doesn't pretty much everyone have one of those?!

[Edit: Sorry, I was misinformed, looks like amazon payments are only supported in the US... looks like it's credit card only]

Apart from pledging more money, I think the only other things you could do are:
(1) Tell everyone you know about it! Especially PC gamers, but also just anyone that might see this project as a good cause - I have told non-gamers about it, who put some money in simply because they think that what Bare Mettle have achieved is incredible, and believe in this business model.
(2) Tell your friends to tell their friends. By mouth, by email, by online social networking, etc.
(3) Bump/create Sui Generis threads in other forums, widening the plea for support.

Can't think of anything else...

Making really attractive £25, £30, £35 reward tiers could give SG a boost. You have over 2400 backers on the £10 level. Currently it doesn't look like the exposure from the recent tweets will give you a sufficient boost.

Reactions: Rob

Rob

I agree. I'd like to think that most people will be willing to at least double their pledge, but will need an incentive to help them along!

MrIdontKnow

Insider
If every £10 pledger increased to £15 then Sui Generis would have an extra £12,325.
If every £10 pledger increased to £20 then Sui Generis would have an extra £24,650.
Missing out £15 because there is only 87 pledgers lol?
If every £20 pledger increased to a £30 pledge (makeone) then Sui Generis would have an extra £10,670.
If increased to £40 then Sui Generis would have an extra £20,620

If £10, £20 pledgers increased by 50% then Sui Generis would make an extra £22,995.
If £10, £20 pledgers increased by 100% then Sui Generis would make and extra £45,270.

I hope I have my numbers right.

Rob

Just doubled my pledge for the third time, taking the total to exactly £90,001.

Beans on toast it is.

Psychomorph

Insider
[Edit: Sorry, I was misinformed, looks like amazon payments are only supported in the US... looks like it's credit card only]
Amazon is international, so amazon payments works for everybody, unless there are regional restrictions, but a credit card is required. I got me a credit card only to support Kickstarter projects, I never needed one before.

Making really attractive £25, £30, £35 reward tiers could give SG a boost. You have over 2400 backers on the £10 level. Currently it doesn't look like the exposure from the recent tweets will give you a sufficient boost.
I suggested more lower tiers all that time already, but BM seems not to see any need for this, or perhaps it doesn't work if you're UK based? I know you can't change the tier once it is set, but you can add more tiers afterwards.

@Rob:
You seem to be high on Sui Generis. Reduce the dose a little. :D

Rob

Amazon is international, so amazon payments works for everybody, unless there are regional restrictions, but a credit card is required.
The problem isn't amazon, it's Kickstarter. You can only pledge using a credit card for UK-based Kickstarter projects.

I got me a credit card only to support Kickstarter projects, I never needed one before.
Like the dedication!!! :)

I suggested more lower tiers all that time already, but BM seems not to see any need for this, or perhaps it doesn't work if you're UK based? I know you can't change the tier once it is set, but you can add more tiers afterwards.
Yes, I agree. I've got no idea why they aren't adding more reward tiers.

Psychomorph

Insider
Just doubled my pledge for the third time, taking the total to exactly £90,001.

Beans on toast it is.
I am at £20 right now, I will make it £60 the next days. I wish I could go for a three digit pledge, would have pledged 250 without a second thought, but it happen to be a real bad timing for high KS pledges for me right now. :(

Rob

Are you sure? I used a debit card with no difficulty.
Yes, sorry, both credit/debit cards are fine, providing they are an accepted type (visa/mastercard/american express, I think).

I think the problem is that people want to only pay through banking intermediates, such as paypal, amazonpayments, etc. (not sure why, TBO...)

RichardTito

I am at £20 right now, I will make it £60 the next days. I wish I could go for a three digit pledge, would have pledged 250 without a second thought, but it happen to be a real bad timing for high KS pledges for me right now. :(
I'm not sure if I'm being insane or really passionate about this game (Amazing how those two coincide) and I don't know if it will be enough. The next 3 days are going to be nail biting.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.