Kickstarter Campaign

Stahlin

Insider
I think the problem is that people want to only pay through banking intermediates, such as paypal, amazonpayments, etc. (not sure why, TBO...)
Well, in a country like Germany you just don't need credit cards for your everyday life (the only occcasion I can think of right now is buying airplane tickets online).
I don't have a credit card and don't want to have one, because I generaly dislike the Idea of spending money "that is not there (yet)".

I donated here via pay pal. It would be interesting to know how much they got from that source.

Reactions: Rob

Rob

Well, in a country like Germany you just don't need credit cards for your everyday life (the only occcasion I can think of right now is buying airplane tickets online).
I don't have a credit card and don't want to have one, because I generaly dislike the Idea of spending money "that is not there (yet)".
That's an interesting take on it. Here in the UK everyone has a debit and/or credit card. I agree that I dislike credit cards. However, I can't imagine not having a debit card. I payed Kickstarter with my debit card.

I donated here via pay pal. It would be interesting to know how much they got from that source.
I agree.

Psychomorph

Insider
I had the same thought, would be good to know how much was "really" pledged, including the paypal money that is not shown through Kickstarter.

A possible way to include paypal to Kickstarter would be to have a KS paypal account. All money that is transferred there would be included into a successful KS, or transferred back to the people if KS fails. No reason why this shouldn't work. Gotta write KS a mail.

That's an interesting take on it. Here in the UK everyone has a debit and/or credit card. I agree that I dislike credit cards. However, I can't imagine not having a debit card. I payed Kickstarter with my debit card.
A credit card usually comes with additional monthly fee in Germany, which might be why many don't have one. There may be CC providers that charge no fee, but I don't know how trustworthy these are (I made my CC at my bank, which part of my bank account now).
I did it because of a single KS campaign back then, but found it useful to buy games from GoG.com and a couple of Steam games. Though, I think I could have used paypal with GoG.

Pantheon

Insider
I'm from Germany, too and have had my CC for quite some time now, mostly because I like to shop on Amazon.co.uk und play.com, that both need CCs. It's just much cheaper to buy stuff in the UK than in Germany, which makes the CC quite handy. Also games from the UK are usually uncut, unlike many games you buy can buy in Germany.

Stahlin

Insider
I posted about Sui Generis on a german gaming site (4players) since there seemed to be no thread there yet.
Hopefully this will add a few quid.

btw, its almost 100.000....
Did someone write TotalBiscuit yet about featuring Sui Generis? Cause "only" 50.000 to go, its not impossible!!!

Rob

Just throwing it out there... the first £150 category sold out pretty quick... are you allowed to increase the number of pledges allowed in this category? That could bring a bit of extra money.

Tony

Insider
Yes, it's exciting to see the pledges flood in! Bare Mettle has promised another big update today so I'm hoping that will be enough to have the Kickstarter succeed :)

The jump was mostly due to two very large (> £3000) pledges within 15 minutes or so, and neither appeared as a backer in the 2000k+ reward tier. A bit strange, but as long as it wasn't someone making a mistake or playing a dumb game, it's great.

Where can you see such things?
I mean, how many backers pledged how much many and stuff?
You can't (unless you're project owner, I suppose?), but I just happened to refresh the page at the time, and each time the sum jumped by said amount within about a minute, and no new backers appeared on the highest reward tier.

RichardTito

Is this one of them metaphorical, the more the you pledge the bigger your cock competitions?

Edit: Meant in a humorous manner and not to insult anyone.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.