Kickstarter: LUCI™ Advanced Lucid Dream Inducer

Ah yes, Lucid dreams. I know a guy that tries to get them..Very interesting but I, for one, am not going to spend money on this atm. I'd love to know how it turns out though.

Scarecrow

Insider
Always wished for a product that could bring forth lucid dreams, because it seems really cool. However, i remain scpetical as to just how well it will work, and who it will work for. Most likely, it will vary extremely from person to person. Will be cool to see how it turns out.

Parco

as you say it will vary from people to people, some are very reactive to noises while they sleep while others you can almost blow a horn right into their ears and they dont even budge. i guess it will be same here, those who are resilient against noises while sleeping will have a harder time achieving lucid dreaming.

Komuflage

Insider
Lucid dreams are literally the most awesome thing I've ever experienced, I've only experienced it 3times, but no words can really describe it.

I'm however quite sceptical about this product, but if it turns out it can help achieve lucid dreams, then I'll sure buy one

Parco

ive experienced it a few times, but every time ive woken up around 5-10 min after i became aware i was in a dream, but yea, so much fun stuff i could do. but how much you can do kinda depends on ones "willpower" even in a dream everything seems so real its hard to think outside the box. one can try to shoot lighting out of the hands, but the unconsciousness will say: this is not possible! and then the attempt fails, but once that mental wall is overcome then next attempt will be alot easier, almost natural. but as ive experienced it is that i wake up quite fast after ive "broken" the wall

Last edited:

Komuflage

Insider
Interesting, I've been aware of lucid dreams for a while now, but never been in one. I've also never read any accounts of an experience in a lucid dream. Maybe one could play Sui Generis is a lucid dream?
I will spend every night from now on, trying to achieve another lucid dream, and when I do, I'll play sui generis all night long.

ive experienced it a few times, but every time ive woken up around 5-10 min after i became aware i was in a dream, but yea, so much fun stuff i could do. but ... but as ive experienced is that i wake up quite fast after ive "broken" the wall
First time I "woke up" inside a dream, I got so excited I woke up irl in a matter of seconds.
What I've learned though is to take small steps. Second time I "woke up" I didn't do anything special that I would not do irl, and (Now it's quite difficult to to know the exact time) I was in that "state" for a few hours.
Third time I started trying some more unnatural things, nothing really spectacular though.
And after that, I've not experienced another one.

For anyone who is really interested in trying to achieve lucid dreaming. My "words of wisdom" is that; place a laptop near were you sleep.
As soon as you wake up write down everything you can remember from the dream.
Once you've a few dreams written down, start reading them and look for something common that happens in your dream, that's not possible in real life or something that might be possible per se, but would never happen.

Now try to (and is the most difficult part) realise that it's a dream, the next time that common thing happens.
And when you realise, within the dream, that that thing happened, then you'll hopefully "wake up". (Weird sentence, hopefully you get it)

At least this is what I did, and it worked for me.

Parco

how i got into lucid dreams were a little different, i would probably have had more if i also did it that way, but what i did for a while was sometimes when i was awake, i say to myself while looking around: This feels like a dream,... is it? this only worked once, i said the exact line in the dream and i became aware.
the other 4 times i saw something screwed up in my dream and thought this cant be real and thats how i became aware of it then, but that happend randomly over many years.

lvk

Insider
I never got past the stage where you actually remember what you dreamt at all. I have no idea how people manage to do this consistently. It's a difficult game. If anyone has hints, they're welcome!

The Kickstarter device looks interesting, never seen a consumer device with an electrode and the ability to recognize REM sleep (besides perhaps the Remee, but this is the first time I see it done with an electrode). It really looks like it could work.

Last edited:
I've had a number of lucid dreams. Basically what's worked for me is setting a trigger in addition to a dream journal.
Mine was I started counting my fingers periodically every day. Eventually, I would be dreaming and begin to count my fingers. Suddenly I'm two fingers more than normal. And now I'm lucid dreaming.
I can't stress enough the dream journal. With all triggers or actions used to induce lucid dreaming, a dream journal is usually recommended.

lvk

Insider
Even right after you wake up, you still don't remember the dream you just had?
No, usually not at all. While this surprises some people, I also know some that haven't been able to remember any for months or even years. It varies greatly from person to person.

Scarecrow

Insider
Indeed it does, and it also varies from time to time as well. I've gone weeks at times not remembering my dreams, whilst other times i dream everyday. It's effected by several factors, from individual personality, to recent events in life and stress, and other things as well.

I'm actually thinking of starting a dream diary though, as you forget details of the dream fairly quickly. And if it helps with lucid dreaming, then all the better.

Pilluminati

Insider
I've experienced it twice and personally I don't agree with them being as immersive as real life as was claimed in the video. Would be nice though if their product worked. Might consider getting one if it turns out to be any good.

I'm skeptical of this design. I'm not sure how well it will work and even if it works perfectly I'm not sure if the price is justified. From what little I know of lucid dreaming, I thought it could be achieved through a number of simple methods like the one TwoPumpWarrior mentioned

Psychomorph

Insider
I had some lucid dreams and I can confirm this is awesome.

In 2006, when I played Thief 3, I went to bed after it and had sort of lucid dreams of sneaking through dark mansions and castles and stealing gold. I could partially control (decide) where to go, but unfortunately couldn't prevent myself from waking up. I woke up with a blown mind though. I couldn't wait for the day to pass to get back to the game and then to sleeping. Good times.

Last edited:

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.