Literature

Libraries would definitely be an interesting feature to have. Mainly because, like rare weapons, rare books could be in different places in different game worlds and the goal of many thaumaturges may be to seek out these powerful sources of knowledge. Think how powerful you could become if you unnaturally learned all the known abilities of your innate form.

Empire²

Insider
That is a great idea. Having books that unlock/upgrade certain powers would be fantastic as an adventure. You could set up an entire questline dedicated to finding that hidden knowledge, like:
  1. Find missing archaeologist and bring back his diary.
  2. Search the ruins described in the diary for maps.
  3. Follow maps to a remote location and find the book.

Meaghan Ballard

Supporter
That is a great idea. Having books that unlock/upgrade certain powers would be fantastic as an adventure. You could set up an entire questline dedicated to finding that hidden knowledge, like:
  1. Find missing archaeologist and bring back his diary.
  2. Search the ruins described in the diary for maps.
  3. Follow maps to a remote location and find the book.
That's fine as long as there aren't a ton of them and they turn into generic fetch quests :p

I would be pretty nifty though if we players could write stories to be published as books in the game. Maybe if/when it goes multiplayer there can be a big library of Sui Generis fanfiction ;)

Empire²

Insider
That's fine as long as there aren't a ton of them and they turn into generic fetch quests :p
Well, at least the way I see it, that won't necessarily happen as fast as it does in other games, due to how reactive the world and characters are. Of course, you won't, at some point, have to put up posters in towns saying: "Brave Adventurer willing to delve into ancient ruins to recover artifacts!", but exploration in return for rewards, whether it's direct, like finding money or equipment, or indirect, retrieving something and getting a reward for said object, is never a bad thing.

Of course, I hope I don't get a herd of wizards and scientists knocking on my door for me to retrieve all sorts of trinkets from dangerous places. :p

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.