Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord at Gamescom

Iscandar

I'm hoping movement is a little more fluid in this one. I loved Warband and played it for over a hundred hours, but even after that I still didn't like how the characters moved. It felt like perpetually traipsing through mud, and this never went away, even with experience and skill.

zhuliks

Insider
I'm hoping movement is a little more fluid in this one. I loved Warband and played it for over a hundred hours, but even after that I still didn't like how the characters moved. It felt like perpetually traipsing through mud, and this never went away, even with experience and skill.
As you might have noticed movement and combat animations are wooden in the current demonstrated build, thats why I estimated few more years, movement wasnt the only thing there that looked like a placeholder.

But regardless of how finished/unfinished game will be on release all I can say is MODS. Mod support is improved, so any issue should be solvable.

Major things that irritated me in the video were

- no bump/specular texture on teeth (they look flat, which could be solved by bump texture);
- clunky animations, bots dont have anything that randomises their animation frames, they move and stand like drone army (I remember that was an issue reported to be fixed in modern games mentioned in game magazines of early 2000)
- fish scale armor looks too fantasy-elfish (but its my personal issue), I only wish they used more real life approach to items like exanima, but warband wasnt perfect in that aspect, but at least it had less fantasish items.
- bad quality voice acting, which was reported to be placeholders recored by devs themselves.
- sword crafting parts looked low detail like something a game with top view rpg would have I can only dream witcher quality items would be in bannerlord, then again - MODs.

Tottel

Insider
Hi there, just want to help clarify some things, since I am a developer working on Bannerlord and I like these forums a lot. :)

I would say you will have to wait...at least a year or two, too much unfinished things in those videos.
Nope, next year should be pretty reasonable.

- no bump/specular texture on teeth (they look flat, which could be solved by bump texture);
As far as I know, they have bump/specular. And if not, they will have those. They are still being worked on.

- clunky animations, bots dont have anything that randomises their animation frames, they move and stand like drone army (I remember that was an issue reported to be fixed in modern games mentioned in game magazines of early 2000)
Being worked on.

- fish scale armor looks too fantasy-elfish (but its my personal issue), I only wish they used more real life approach to items like exanima, but warband wasnt perfect in that aspect, but at least it had less fantasish items.
Yeah, I know. Historical realism is kind of the goal: There are tons of history books here that artists use. But I've seen some of those books, and I very much doubt they are all accurate.

- bad quality voice acting, which was reported to be placeholders recored by devs themselves.
Definitely placeholders. :)

- sword crafting parts looked low detail like something a game with top view rpg would have I can only dream witcher quality items would be in bannerlord, then again - MODs.
I guess I blame the video compression/recording here. The parts are not low quality, you can see a lot of detail on them when you zoom in.

Hi there, just want to help clarify some things, since I am a developer working on Bannerlord and I like these forums a lot. :)

Nope, next year should be pretty reasonable.

As far as I know, they have bump/specular. And if not, they will have those. They are still being worked on.

Being worked on.

Yeah, I know. Historical realism is kind of the goal: There are tons of history books here that artists use. But I've seen some of those books, and I very much doubt they are all accurate.

Definitely placeholders. :)

I guess I blame the video compression/recording here. The parts are not low quality, you can see a lot of detail on them when you zoom in.
Sweet! I believe one of the devs (Kieran maybe?) was hugely into Warband.

Bullethead

I have been a fan of M&B since the original. Great games. And the funny thing is, genetics will out in them. I'm largerly descended from Border reivers and I nearly alway end up in that line of work in the M&B games. no matter what I might intend to do when I start :).

Don Kanaille

Insider
I´ts really strange, Warband often felt outdated and only half-done to me and I hardly used mods, yet I still played the hell out of it. As long as Bannerlord isn´t worse than Warband I´ll very likely have nigh-infinite amounts of fun with it.

Though I have to admit, I don´t hold M&B to such high standards as Sui Generis. :>

zhuliks

Insider
I assume we are all M&B veterans here so I have to ask. Ever since warband online duels I developed a condition - involuntary random right mouse button clicks. I even broke right mouse button (which I fixed) while playing dem duels, you know because blocks and feints and stuff.

So now I have to keep a finger off the right button or else I will click it accidentally during watching a video playing or alike and bring up the menu, a small nuisance, but I cant seem to get rid of it.

Anyone else?

Scarecrow

Insider
I assume we are all M&B veterans here so I have to ask. Ever since warband online duels I developed a condition - involuntary random right mouse button clicks. I even broke right mouse button (which I fixed) while playing dem duels, you know because blocks and feints and stuff.

So now I have to keep a finger off the right button or else I will click it accidentally during watching a video playing or alike and bring up the menu, a small nuisance, but I cant seem to get rid of it.

Anyone else?
Nah, you be fucked up Zhuliks.

Just kidding with'ya. But I think I actually had something similar for a little while after I stopped playing it (like 2-3 years ago), but to a lesser degree than what you are describing. For me it just stopped on its own eventually. However, if it doesn't go away on its own you might want to consider not using the mouse at all for a while, and just use your mouse pad instead. If mouse pad isn't an option you could try laying off your computer all together for a while, or even buy a new mouse which you have to adept and get used to all over again.

zhuliks

Insider
Nah, you be fucked up Zhuliks.

Just kidding with'ya. But I think I actually had something similar for a little while after I stopped playing it (like 2-3 years ago), but to a lesser degree than what you are describing. For me it just stopped on its own eventually. However, if it doesn't go away on its own you might want to consider not using the mouse at all for a while, and just use your mouse pad instead. If mouse pad isn't an option you could try laying off your computer all together for a while, or even buy a new mouse which you have to adept and get used to all over again.
What and no pills? What kind of doctor are you?

P.S.: I found out game controller with software like joy2key which lets you remap it and add hotkey combinations work wonders. Usually many programs require you to utilize a combination of hotkeys and similar actions and if you don't need mouse precision or typing a lot of text its perfect. I have profiles for many programs but most comfortable is internet browsing - you can just chill on a sofa or a comfy chair and do most things that would require a lot of mouse moving and clicking just by pressing few buttons and barely moving the cursor.

I stopped playing m&b a while ago and no excessive duels for years, right clicking usually happens when I rest my hand on a mouse with no action for too long like watching a video or a sudden move after a rest, its just a reflex, move mouse and right click, you know like putting a directional block in m&b, muscle memory no way to get rid of it. Funny I realized the reason I do it just now, its usually small mouse move to the right and then finger just puts a m&b block.

I cant buy a new mouse because I'm too hooked to my old Logitech MX Revolution, they don't put a thumbwheel on new versions anymore so I have to fix and solder my ol' veteran one over and over.

P.P.S.: I hate touchpads.

Mertek98

Insider

Anyone else?
If nothing works, you can try cutting your finger.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.