"Must have" clothing and armor thread.

Syllabear3

you're so fwunny! In this game weapons tend to get stuck in enemies. Especially axes and polearms. I caught a zombie once like that and manged to drag all around the room. Do you want that to happen to you cuz of your helmet?
Complains about a silly wing in a helm because weapons can get stuck in them, shields are completly fine...

imdone.jpg
Im done im done.

How's about a crown made of steel taken from ottoman cannons?
No way, it could fall of someone head and it doesn't offer enough protection. Our characters can harm with a crown man.

Just imagine if someone uses a hammer when you have it on, that cross would get stuck in your brain. No, impossible, much impractical.
This is rl not a game man, get real already.

Midcal9

Complains about a silly wing in a helm because weapons can get stuck in them, shields are completly fine...

View attachment 1778
Im done im done.

No way, it could fall of someone head and it doesn't offer enough protection. Our characters can harm with a crown man.

Just imagine if someone uses a hammer when you have it on, that cross would get stuck in your brain. No, impossible, much impractical.
This is rl not a game man, get real already.
Mr. CatBear, please don't do this to me, you see, shields have a huge payback of mostly blocking hits. They tend to shield you from the impact, no pun intended.
How's about a crown made of steel taken from ottoman cannons?
No an ordinary crown* wouldn't do it man, I said gothic sallet with a crown on top of it, you're not getting it man! Just look at this; http://www.studio88.co.uk/acatalog/large_bos_detail1.jpg

Last edited:

Marc

Insider
What's in store for more cosmetic items anyways?...
I'm not sure, but I expect any sort of clothing in the game will be wearable, even fancy, purely cosmetic stuff. What I don't expect is to find many such items in Exanima since it takes place in a dungeon, but Sui Generis will probably have all sorts of things to wear, maybe even silly crowns too, though the consequences you bear by taking those into battle will be your own. :p

That said, I don't anticipate anything along the lines of character customization that you get in MMORPG's. This is probably the wrong game in which to look for nonsensical outfits that don't fit in to the world somehow or make sense. That said, it would be cool to find ceremonial armor that isn't designed to be used in combat like the winged helmet posted earlier in this thread, just so you could go into a fight looking all badass only to get dragged down to the ground when a polearm hooks into it. :D

Marc

Insider
People will never stop asking for WOWlike armour, even if it wouldn't work in game.
I don't mind it as long as it makes sense in the context of the game. If modding tools are ever released then I'm sure there'll be plenty of armor sets to cater to peoples tastes.

Midcal9

I don't mind it as long as it makes sense in the context of the game. If modding tools are ever released then I'm sure there'll be plenty of armor sets to cater to peoples tastes.
Wow like games don't make any sense at all. The whole color pallette those games have is psychedelic let alone armor or physiology. One day we will wake up in the world where games that make sense will be a total minority in the indie category.

Marc

Insider
Wow like games don't make any sense at all. The whole color pallette those games have is psychedelic let alone armor or physiology.
Yeah, in most games the application of such armor sets doesn't make much sense, the only reasoning usually being just because "fantasy" and "magic" etc or they just look cool. You'd have to come up with really elaborate explanations in the lore to justify an armor piece like that in a more medieval-based fantasy game like Sui Generis, and it's probably doable but even then any armor like that should be an extreme exception and far from the rule.

One day we will wake up in the world where games that make sense will be a total minority in the indie category.
Pretty sure we've been here for a while :p

Midcal9

I doubt they'll add anything like that to Sui. Although, there is already one full fantasy armour set. The last enemy of practice expert arena wears it.

Hastur

Medieval armors look fucking sick. But they can also be quite boring, it isn't either wow tier or super realistic, you can always make armors that look realistic and functional yet look original and interesting at the same time. Practicality alone isn't what makes good armor, looks matters too, I really enjoy Exanima armors but I still prefer Dark souls approach of armor, because even though some armors might look unpractical, there really is a lot of variety and you can really create your style.

Midcal9

Medieval armors look fucking sick. But they can also be quite boring, it isn't either wow tier or super realistic, you can always make armors that look realistic and functional yet look original and interesting at the same time. Practicality alone isn't what makes good armor, looks matters too, I really enjoy Exanima armors but I still prefer Dark souls approach of armor, because even though some armors might look unpractical, there really is a lot of variety and you can really create your style.
The best looking DS armour is realstic armour. Also, a lot of DS armour is just clothes. See how it wouldn't work in this game? But don't get me wrong, they could add even more fantasy inspired armour to the game. There is that helemt that you find on the 5th level. most excellent.

Hastur

The best looking DS armour is realstic armour. Also, a lot of DS armour is just clothes. See how it wouldn't work in this game? But don't get me wrong, they could add even more fantasy inspired armour to the game. There is that helemt that you find on the 5th level. most excellent.
Yes I definitely agree. My favorite armors in DS are the realistic ones too, and I'm pretty satisfied with the ratio of fantasy armor vs realistic armor in Exanima (story and arena), if they kept the same ratio in Sui Generis, i would be completely satisfied

Syllabear3

Why should i worry about weapons getting stuck in a wing when they wont even touch me?

Its okay if you need baby armors to play the game, not for that you need to prevent others fun. Thanks.

Ogres should be removed... with that size would kill with one single hit any human with any armor. And they never existed btw.
They can't be applied in a medieval game, makes no sense. cause this game is RL.

Last edited:

Midcal9

how's about we just invent some of our own sorts of Ex/SG fantasy armor. or something.
hmmm
That will require a lot of skill, infact creating brand new great looking and functional armour designs might actually be too much to ask. Now I do have a few good ideas on what they could copy that did not exist but would totally work, but properly recreating that sick armour would TAKE A LOT os skill. Crazy amount. Anyways, i'll post thel link to the awesomeness.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/98015679@N04/sets/72157634473862443/

Ogres should be removed... with that size would kill with one single hit any human with any armor. And they never existed btw.
They can't be applied in a medieval game, makes no sense. cause this game is RL.
Are you joking right?

Madoc himself explained Exanima (or SG for this matter) is at heart a low-fantasy game, Ogres makes perfect sense to me.

Even Ogre armour could be a trophy for some adventurers along with a winged helm or Crown.

Last edited:

Midcal9

Are you joking right?

Madoc himself explained Exanima (or SG for this matter) is at heart a low-fantasy game, Ogres makes perfect sense to me.

Even Ogre armour could be a trophy for some adventurers along with a winged helm or Crown.
Yeah well, physiologically they look plausible I'd say. Their legs seem to be sturdy enough to support the weight plus they are dumb and can't make armor for themselves which makes them vulnerable to polearms and projectiles. I think that 20 well equipped humans could take one down. Or a really angry main character with psychic powers. Maasterr swordsmaann huzzahh!

Syllabear3

Are you joking right?

Thats why everything midcal said is null and we can have any "fantasy" armor.

If this game succed imagine the amount of moders that would create armors and stuff, just like tes.

The one thing to know about Syllabear is that he never jokes. He's not joking even when it can only be a joke :rolleyes:
I am allways serious and i am allways joking.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.