New trick for your game from an archer god.

Midcal9

this looks like the sort of thing that would work in games like dwarf fortress, where you'd have to worry about your neck arteries being slashed open to a lucky flimsy shot because there isn't that much protection available.

meanwhile in examina if you were to use this light of a bow while bending the arrows; you have the lore zombies wearing worn out, lightly padded gambesons that can easily deflect these sort of arrow shots by the looks of that video... that and adding on top the type of health system we have which would be like trying to kill someone wearing chainmail in mount and blade with a self bow in itself, forget lars' bow haha and just imagine the skeletons since they are usually missile resistant in a wide variety of other games just by their bare bony selves.

I like Solinarius' take on this though, using thaumaturgy's manipulation to bend the arrows flight pattern, and by arrow I mean an arrow shot from a warbow/(maybe)composite bow, that can probably knock people over and go around/through that armour/steel shield problem in examina's later levels, you know to at least stagger them while they full-speed sprint at you around a slight corner
Actuallu, sorry for being real nit picky pain in the ass, but not really, Warbows and their proper heavy arrows could not penetrate plate Armour either. In fact, I doubt they'd go through proper mail and gambeson either.

Videaoh, kool too;

Syllabear3

Slash does not work on armor. The damage delivered from sword on plate armor is mostly decided by the weight and impact. Sword acts more like a flat metal pipe vs plate.
If we are going to be that realistic, sword no matter the impact they have, they cause no damage whatsoever.
Yet you can knock down fully armored enemies with it.

Same is with arrows, they may have some impact. But that would be not the principal damage source.

Actually, that video proves that weak bows are impractical for armed combat against warriors/soldiers. Like Midcal9 said, heavier bows aren't necessarily slower. It depends on the archer's strength and draw technique, as well as the bow's length. I highly doubt Lars' bows are even 30lb, and most of the time he never fully draws them. Lars could probably slaughter an entire village of defenseless peasants more quickly than other archers, though.
Add incredible accuracy to it.
You can see how he can aim to the eye from a bust.

How hard would it be for an experienced archer to drop an arrow to a slow troll? See my point?

this looks like the sort of thing that would work in games like dwarf fortress, where you'd have to worry about your neck arteries being slashed open to a lucky flimsy shot because there isn't that much protection available.

meanwhile in examina if you were to use this light of a bow while bending the arrows; you have the lore zombies wearing worn out, lightly padded gambesons that can easily deflect these sort of arrow shots by the looks of that video... that and adding on top the type of health system we have which would be like trying to kill someone wearing chainmail in mount and blade with a self bow in itself, forget lars' bow haha and just imagine the skeletons since they are usually missile resistant in a wide variety of other games just by their bare bony selves.

I like Solinarius' take on this though, using thaumaturgy's manipulation to bend the arrows flight pattern, and by arrow I mean an arrow shot from a warbow/(maybe)composite bow, that can probably knock people over and go around/through that armour/steel shield problem in examina's later levels, you know to at least stagger them while they full-speed sprint at you around a slight corner
Read the thread.

Warbows are way too powerful for the short range in dungeon areas. The arc an traveling arrow would make is almost null in that distance i think.

Last edited:

Midcal9

If we are going to be that realistic, sword no matter the impact they have, they cause no damage whatsoever.
Yet you can knock down fully armored enemies with it.

Same is with arrows, they may have some impact. But that would be not the principal damage source.
You can only knock down your enemies with a two handed sword in this game, which is actually accurate. Sometimes they do get through the Armour a bit too deep, that's fine. Making like bows harm well armored opponents would, however, be too damn stupid.

And that's why you like the idea., Tadaa.

Hardcoreh videa;

Syllabear3

Again this thread is getting pretty much derailed.
We have discussed in other thread about bow strength and their posible damage, and i explained how weak and fast bows could make damage with enchantings, poison and eyes strikes.

This thread is about this particular "trick" shot and if it would be useful or funny to add it to game once they add archery.

Tony, i already reported posts out of place and you are just focusing in mines.
Stop this biased attitud.

You can only knock down your enemies with a two handed sword in this game, which is actually accurate. Sometimes they do get through the Armour a bit too deep, that's fine. Making like bows harm well armored opponents would, however, be too damn stupid.

And that's why you like the idea., Tadaa.

Hardcoreh videa;
I meant "kill", when your enemy cannot move anymore or is "killed". But is not that, is knock down.
You can "kill" with one handed swords too, they can't do any kind of damage to a fully armored guy yet it is posible in this game.

Stop using inapropiate words.

ps: dead with that impact, i lold honestly.
What then? Ogres would be 1 hit killing us all the time? Such inconsistency.
This is yet again more proof that this is only a game and has no bound with reality.

Last edited:

Midcal9

Again this thread is getting pretty much derailed.
We have discussed in other thread about bow strength and their posible damage, and i explained how weak and fast bows could make damage with enchantings, poison and eyes strikes.

This thread is about this particular "trick" shot and if it would be useful or funny to add it to game once they add archery.

Tony, i already reported posts out of place and you are just focusing in mines.
Stop this biased attitud.

I meant "kill", when your enemy cannot move anymore or is "killed". But is not that, is knock down.
You can "kill" with one handed swords too, they can't do any kind of damage to a fully armored guy yet it is posible in this game.

Stop using inapropiate words.
I wasn't using any inappropriate words, I was very careful about my choice of words. So stop telling me what words i'm ought to choose.

True, there is a certain degree of subtle game play mechanics which are not realistic, nobody is saying otherwise. However, I do not think that adding curved trick shots to this game would be beneficial at all, if anything it would create a certain game play mechanic which would not be believable at all. And yes I know about magic in this game. When done correctly it can actually be more believable than some broken weapon mechanic which would allow you to make 90degree curved shots form the corner with a warbow.

However, I'm pretty sure you will not get the nuance and will continue to argue in favor whatever thing picked your interest like it was with loli armor.

I also would like to express my deepest lack of respect towards you for having reported someone's posts in this thread, I think you are a very unworthy, silly person.

Syllabear3

I wasn't using any inappropriate words, I was very careful about my choice of words. So stop telling me what words i'm ought to choose.

True, there is a certain degree of subtle game play mechanics which are not realistic, nobody is saying otherwise. However, I do not think that adding curved trick shots to this game would be beneficial at all, if anything it would create a certain game play mechanic which would not be believable at all. And yes I know about magic in this game. When done correctly it can actually be more believable than some broken weapon mechanic which would allow you to make 90degree curved shots form the corner with a warbow.

However, I'm pretty sure you will not get the nuance and will continue to argue in favor whatever thing picked your interest like it was with loli armor.

I also would like to express my deepest lack of respect towards you for having reported someone's posts in this thread, I think you are a very unworthy, silly person.
Do i really need to quote it?
too damn stupid.
In every thread you are posting, there are allways disgusting words like that, yet Tony only edit my posts.
---

Is not a warbow and i gave examples of how that "trick" shot could be used.
You have 0 examples why not to add it.

And is an idea or sugestion. That mean it can be added or not.
Honestly i don't think any of my ideas or others will be added, so you should stop being that agressive towards everything and everyone because you don't like to read others ideas or sugestions.

Midcal9

Is not a warbow and i gave examples of how that "trick" shot could be used.
You have 0 examples why not to add it.
Well, it can be added to the game but it would be over the top, I think. You're playing in a game that is rather shy and timid when it comes to what you can do combat wise, it's not like Diablo 3 where you can stomp your foes or shoot waves of arrows. As such, being able to make crazy curved shots with a bow would look wacky at best. It doesn't fit into the overall mosaic that is called Exanima. Do you get what I am saying? That Exanima has context and guiding your arrows with the power of your mind seems...loony? No, didn't hit the spot?

As for the reason why I add mean things into comments, it's simply cuz I'm impulsive and I kind of got an idea who I am dealing with.

Reporting peoples posts, either mine or not in this thread is a total dick move IMO, there is really no reason to act like rat when no real harms was done to you, at all. We are talking about game mechanics here which is a broad subject and just cuz someone mentioned something unrelated DOESN'T YOU MEAN YOU OUGHT TO CALL THE ADMIN ASAP. I used to be around on forums where people would get laughed out by admins themselves for such behavior, they would actually get told by admins who they are. Here the rules are different and yet I don't think I can...resist myself.

You're not gonna earn any sympathy or respect by being the way you are. Report this post btw. Come on, maybe I'll get banned hey?

Syllabear3

Well, it can be added to the game but it would be over the top, I think. You're playing in a game that is rather shy and timid when it comes to what you can do combat wise, it's not like Diablo 3 where you can stomp your foes or shoot waves of arrows. As such, being able to make crazy curved shots with a bow would look wacky at best. It doesn't fit into the overall mosaic that is called Exanima. Do you get what I am saying? That Exanima has context and guiding your arrows with the power of your mind seems...loony? No, didn't hit the spot?
Nope i didn't get anything that you said honestly.

If they plan to add archery in exanima arrows should have some kind of dropoff on how tense the bow it is. Making the arrows take a curve would be the same as drop off but to the sides... if you tell me that is complicated for them to add it, then thats another story.
Is not crazy or looney as you say since its a simple "trick" as it is shown in the vid. Lars even made a drawing on how to do it. Maybe its complexity is too much for you.

No one said firing waves of arrows... at this point i am not sure if you are trying to start an useless discussion (like you usually do) or you are genuinely exposing what is in your mind (that is not good either).

Syllabear3

I think that i get it. You just simply dont like the idea.
Because so far your arguments are like this: "its low fantasy", "because in real life...", "its stupid or crazy or loony". Thats all i can resume from you.

Just take in account that i mostly take elements from the game to create* ideas.
I am not saying that the game is bad, but feels a bit dry for now.

The battery stuff in 5 act was crazy for me, but then i thought it was a good idea and implements variety to what we already have. Then why not expand it?

There are so many things that can be added/done to make more interesting the game, but at the speed things are going i feel like is not worth giving many sugestions so i kinda understand your posture.

Last edited:

Midcal9

Nope i didn't get anything that you said honestly.
Being able to shoot such curved shots with a bow in this game would stand out too much and look silly because all other game play mechanics are very timid and monotonous. If you can't grasp this than !@#$%.

This contrast between a set of "normal" attacks and this "wacky one" would break the immersion, I think. Most people would probably think "Wait, what?" when they would discover this mechanic.

Why do you always for these flashy but otherwise useless things like this anemic curved shot or loli armor? Can you please not?

But yea, I guess they could add a whole tone of useless mechanics which would have a lot of exploit and cheese potential. Is this why you want it, too cheese your opponents from behind the corner?

Syllabear3

Since when do you speak for everyone?

Thats exactly what makes boring this game, innocent mechanics.
I am tired of the same exact attacks that get stuck in my enemies all the time. Thats simply not funny.

If thats all you can remember i said then thats not my problem.

Of course they wont add such thing as loli armor, don't start the cherry picking attitude to derail the thread.

Syllabear3

Gurls can trickshot too

"this is not posibleeeee, women are not suposed to do that. i will search a vid that refutes everything so i can sleep well at night. muh 120kg bows"

Last edited:
I wish people would stop bitching about whether or not "the light bow wouldn't even kill someone". Of course not, and Lars is not a lifelong training, 6 foot tall, jacked 230 lb peasant with damaged bones and messed up posture and muscular imbalances from shooting massive warbows with large war arrows since he was 9.

The video is a proof of concept, not trying to show you EXACTLY how "war archery" was done.
Quit moaning just 'cos you can't do this awesome shit.

..Anyway, crossbows are better.

No problem about bow or crossbow in the game, if the gameplay be challenging like in close combat. But only if you are able to use a chair to block the arrow before rape the huntar... I mean, archer.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.