Okay, so... new & improved Arena... can I lie down on the bed and tend to my wounds?

Avramovic

Supporter
Like the title says. I've just downloaded Exanima 0.6.2 today and holy crap, that is some major overhaul of original Arena. Needless to say, I've enjoyed walking around my new, spiffy yet supplies-empty HQ, opening chests, looking at tables and, my favorite, tripping chairs over. And then I plunged head-first into a 'fray'.

What followed was 6 minutes of pure adrenaline, as I was dodging hits from 2 assholes (well, an asshole and assholette, to be fair) who ganged up on me, all the while trying to avoid the OTHER 3-man battle royale that was in other corner of the arena. I've survived with 70% permanent damage, by being a pure evil backstabbing bastard.

Now, here is my one and only complain. I've managed to get out of there, with all four major limbs in place but with significant damage. In the shop I can only view armor and weapons, but no means of healing (potion/food/any kind of healing magic); what's worse, I don't SEE anyone selling these things, which is kind of sad; if I have a quartermaster who wants my $$ for stuff and more stuff, why not have him/her there, even as an immobile placeholder? Even better, why not have two of those, one for armor/weps, and other for healing services? It would help, even if it's expensive, and if it was expensive it would make you plan even more, which would be great.

TL;DR: New arena is awesome, still it needs to get salesmen/women for both armor/weps and provisions/healing

Murf

All characters (you, recruits and hirelings) heal some after each match, even if they were not part of that match. Pugilism matches only rarely result in perm dmg being taken,s o you can do a few of those to heal everyone up. There are plans to add a doctor type hireling in order to hire characters faster if you so choose.

Avramovic

Supporter
Also, this is just me bitching, but when I pay for new boots with hard-earned money and they're not in my inventory and they're not in any of the chests, my blood pressure tends to go up. Just sayin' :D

Also, this is just me bitching, but when I pay for new boots with hard-earned money and they're not in my inventory and they're not in any of the chests, my blood pressure tends to go up. Just sayin' :D
If you go manage your character, it should be in the armour or clothing tab on the right.

Hopefully you found how to equip items and found your boots. protip: loadouts are in the character management screen.

i also really hope arena is given some more life. would be awesome to have trader npcs as well as seeing our own hirelings roam around or lie wounded im bed. would be great if the storage also had some practical purpose too.

Avramovic

Supporter
Just found the stuff, thanks. It's a bit cumbersome but it seems useful for managing several characters (still can't get used to the fact I don't EVEN have to fight with my MC, let alone have him fight solo... feels so weird).

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.