Optional hand-dominance, permanent wounds/blood

Not sure if anyone's said anything about these ideas, so I'm gonna throw it out there before it slips my mind.

Giving an option of lefty/righty/ambidextrous or simply dragging the weapon/shield to the other hand would give combat an interesting change of things, I'd imagine. Maybe fights would be longer, or shorter due to deadlier strikes. Some NPCs could be lefty as well, most righty obviously. It's just an idea, really. It wouldn't be too difficult to implement this into gameplay, as they've already built a double-handed fighting system. I'm ambidextrous, there's a lot I do with my left hand, like hold weapons, for example. I just think it'd make the game more immersive and detailed.

I had this idea while fighting a close tussle with a zombie when I first started playing Exanima's campaign. I had an axe, and this zombie with a 1-handed stick was bopping me left and right, my health was depleting fast, and I was hesitating. I was swinging but the pole was hitting him instead of the axe, though the beard of the axe was pulling him closer and he swung while I pulled him and it hit me hard. I couldn't see my health bar at this point; I was 1 point away from starting over, when he flung himself right into my axe's swing, face-first, and died right there. His blood splatter that came out of his head made me think; in reality, this axe would've absolutely wrecked his face. So, the idea, gore. Permanent gash wounds that caused red health damage would be pretty sweet. Of course, salve would slowly heal the flesh, right before your eyes, but is that not a cool idea?

Edit: I was told KOs were soon to be added to the game. So I'll just leave my side-ideas with KOs.
You could get back up or watch them loot you, then run off, or watch them finish you, or whatever combination, wouldn't that be cool? Either in Exanima or Sui Generis, just a thought, really. Like if you end up in a tavern and some toy gives you flak, so you pugilize his face in, then the outcome the next encounter would be a direct result of his knock out. Or getting looted then tracking the person down with a cleaver and getting your stuff back. I think these are pretty stellar ideas.

Last edited:

Snipa299

I made an account just so I could click like on this. It would be amazing to see the little details like this, and it may make the world a little less harsh when you pick a fight with the wrong stick-wielding zombie.

I made an account just so I could click like on this. It would be amazing to see the little details like this, and it may make the world a little less harsh when you pick a fight with the wrong stick-wielding zombie.
Haha right? And with today's tech, and the dev's devotion, it's more than possible.

Snipa299

I was just playing the arena mode in the beta and I noticed there actually is persistent wounds on your character now. I managed to slice open someone's belly and my weapon left a big bloody streak on them, so half of your suggestion is already here. :3 (It'd still be nice to see a head go flying across the room from time to time though.)

I was just playing the arena mode in the beta and I noticed there actually is persistent wounds on your character now. I managed to slice open someone's belly and my weapon left a big bloody streak on them, so half of your suggestion is already here. :3 (It'd still be nice to see a head go flying across the room from time to time though.)
Yeah, they put out the update literally two days after my post here lol. And dude, flying body parts would be so awesome... A nice decap from an axe would make things so brutal and dark.

konggary

"As for dismemberment our idea is that while it might not kill instantly it would still kill pretty quickly. Not something you can recover from." -Madoc

It would take a pretty damn powerful blow, but yeah you will be able to dismember someone. I do hope that they improve the blood so that it effects the environment as well.

"As for dismemberment our idea is that while it might not kill instantly it would still kill pretty quickly. Not something you can recover from." -Madoc

It would take a pretty damn powerful blow, but yeah you will be able to dismember someone. I do hope that they improve the blood so that it effects the environment as well.
Absolutely wonderful. I like the idea of cutting their heads off when they die hahahahahaha

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.