Patch 6.3 Level Thread - SPOILERS

Fanzeo

Hey guys so i'm curious how far you've progressed into the next level. So far I've killed 6 statue knights and I've gotten 6 blue crystals, 2 amber, and one green. In addition I just got a great mace that has a socket as well. Anyways, my question is what is this lightning and does it kill you? I want to walk into it but i'm too scared to see what happens. There is a switch to turn it off, but i'm not sure if it's a trap and if you could lure enemies into it. Thoughts?

Also great work so far Baremettle!

Attachments

zhuliks

Insider
Lightning does only yellow dmg and pushes you away so you aont instadie if you touch it. Try hitting it with long pole weapon, electricity jumps to the blade nicely.

Fanzeo

Also I just realized you don't have to get ambushed by the statue knights. You can actually trigger them and fight them one on one by attacking them enough times. I'm not sure if you require the token to do so however.

Tyon

I learned that the hard way. I was practicing on one of the dormant knights, since I knew that there were 2 up ahead that would ambush me, I proceeded to panic and run straight towards the ambush area and ended up having to fight 3 of those damn things at once. I did not win.

CharliePow

I'm quite lost at the moment, haven't managed to kill any Golems, I've just been frantically running around trapping them in useless rooms. I've found one green and one amber crystal, and a one-handed mace with a socket as well as a mask with a socket.

Curious to see what's down the hallway with the lightning blocking the way - anyone figured it out??

Suggett66

Insider
can confirm there are now 2 green crystals and 2 amber crystals and also as many blue crystals as you want taking into account if you have the balls to try and get them ;) It seems from playing 6.2.5, they have now locked all the doors where areas are unfinished as i have been through many of the doors that are now locked and the areas were empty.

I'm quite lost at the moment, haven't managed to kill any Golems, I've just been frantically running around trapping them in useless rooms. I've found one green and one amber crystal, and a one-handed mace with a socket as well as a mask with a socket.

Curious to see what's down the hallway with the lightning blocking the way - anyone figured it out??
Down the lightning hallway is another area with 2 more entrances with floor symbols, both are locked for now as the areas are unfinished. Read the next part at your own discretion as it's sort of a spolier

Both of the doorways past the lightning hallway lead to the same sort of area and it's pretty much just a bunch of random rooms plus another big square hole in the floor similar to the one from level 4, this area also leads to the now locked door in the room with the long table and weird alter thingy. Obviously i'm recounting this from what i saw in 6.2.5 which was an insider patch and the areas were just baren areas with nothing in them so they MAY be subject to change so don't take this as fact.

Fanzeo

Anyone know if the crystals deplete while in the sockets? I imagine they do considering there was an empty one in the helmet.

carminety

anyone have any good strategies for taking on the giant knights? they seem to strike just over my shield and hit my head alto so i get knocked out within 3-4 hits if i'm lucky, even 1 on 1 haven't managed to kill one yet

zhuliks

Insider
anyone have any good strategies for taking on the giant knights? they seem to strike just over my shield and hit my head alto so i get knocked out within 3-4 hits if i'm lucky, even 1 on 1 haven't managed to kill one yet
Most important strategy - use blunt weapons like hammers. Most honorable way is to use polehammer vs em, more cheasy is to facehug em with 1h hammer and especially cheasy is w+m1 with bare fists.

Tyon

Odd, the two times I've used that cheesy tactic on a pair of golems they weren't able to land even 1 hit on me, you might have let go of the crouch button or maybe it was a lucky shot.

TBH it's not a very fun tactic so I'd suggest just taking them on with a poleaxe/hammer that you can find. You should focus the most on dodging their swings because they cause a lot of impact damage and can knock you on your ass.

I haven't tried it myself, but a midget character armed with a pole weapon might be very effective against the golems.

Octo

Insider
The golems are large and need a lot of room to swing. Use doorways and corners to your advantage.

Suggett66

Insider
The best tactic i've found and i've killed pretty much every golem this way, just lead them to the room with the long, bent table with the ribbon symbols on and run round it until they catch on the edge and fall, then just wack em while they're down, it's cheap but it works.

Another way is to run around a fire pit with the four pillars (keep close to the pillars) as they try to run round the pillars out of the attack stance which gives you chance to strike them.

Sgt. Floris

PSA: if you go back through the portal to level 3 and you have the new mace from level 5, it will mess up your save file and crash your game. Screenshots

Edit: if you have it equipped it will mess up your save and crash your game, if you just keep it in your inventory you are good to go.

burgzaza

Insider
Try the flanged mace with a blue crystal, on Sir, he hates it ! :D
I lured an undead in the room with the electricity, it generated some artifacts but it killed it instantly !
Skeletons don't seem to be vulnerable to it tho, or barely. I didn't tried on the armored guardians. Got several of them with the maul, the new hammer and shield, and the new pole hammer, but when they'll be able to land poper trusts and overheads... that's gonna hurt !
I had a lot of fun on this beta and can't wat for the patch release !

NewsMuffin

Insider
So has anyone found a use for the amber crystals? I tried one in the mask and the mace, and neither seem to do anything, though I may not have left it in the mask long enough to notice an effect.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.