Postponement

I just went to the backers section and saw that the alpha is $66 USD. Yea, I'm not paying that as much as I love and want to play this game. I will however, pay $20 USD to back the game and get it upon full release. I do hope for the rest of you that the Alpha releases soon and you guys enjoy! :)

Fawz

Insider
I just went to the backers section and saw that the alpha is $66 USD. Yea, I'm not paying that as much as I love and want to play this game. I will however, pay $20 USD to back the game and get it upon full release. I do hope for the rest of you that the Alpha releases soon and you guys enjoy! :)
It is a little pricey and most probably won't go down in price due to the necessity of maintaining value for Kickstarter backers. There's a lot offered in the pack, but I get where your coming from.

At least with the 20$ tier where you get the full game you also get the Prelude once it's complete in a few months, so you won't have to wait all that long to get your hands on the game.

Madoc

Project Lead
I don't want to take up too much of your valuable time, especially at this critical moment in time... A one word answer will suffice. Will we have the combat test/prelude by end of play Friday 28th Feb?
We're really trying our absolute best but unfortunately we've had some unexpected and upsetting compatibility issues. AMD OpenGL is riddled with problems, some of which made the game unplayable. I just last night found a workaround to fix the last of the serious ones but I still need to fully implement the solution. I've wasted a lot of time with unsuccessfully trying to find some way to stop these problems from surfacing. We have over twelve hundred alpha backers, more than 40% need to be able run it! We had a go at getting it working on Intel graphics, it's doubtful they have the performance to run the game but it's worth a try. So far we've only managed to produce a blank screen on those and even that was a challenge.

We've fallen behind schedule because of these problems but bar any more unexpected issues it should all be ready in just a few days, tomorrow is unfortunately not possible at this point.

Gaell

Insider
We're really trying our absolute best but unfortunately we've had some unexpected and upsetting compatibility issues. AMD OpenGL is riddled with problems, some of which made the game unplayable. I just last night found a workaround to fix the last of the serious ones but I still need to fully implement the solution. I've wasted a lot of time with unsuccessfully trying to find some way to stop these problems from surfacing. We have over twelve hundred alpha backers, more than 40% need to be able run it! We had a go at getting it working on Intel graphics, it's doubtful they have the performance to run the game but it's worth a try. So far we've only managed to produce a blank screen on those and even that was a challenge.

We've fallen behind schedule because of these problems but bar any more unexpected issues it should all be ready in just a few days, tomorrow is unfortunately not possible at this point.
I think that everyone here was prepared for this (at least for a tiny bit :D), as this is nothing out of the ordinary in game developing. I dare to say that this game has gathered the bestcommunity i ever saw, there should not be any kind of problem with the delay :)

lvk

Insider
This reminds me of the Spout development team, where the majority of their issues were caused by AMD OpenGL users. Just about every support thread had them asking if the user didn't happen to be using an AMD graphics card. I'm guessing this is partly why just about everyone relies on a third party engine these days, grinding down the speed of innovation.

Rev

Insider

Slightly disappointed but not with you guys, know your busting you balls trying to get this ready... I just can't wait... Keep looking round the net to see if there are any realistic fighting games to keep me going just until the combat test... THERE IS NOTHING OUT THERE!

Last edited:

Fawz

Insider
Although disappointing to be sure, I've been eagerly counting down the hours for a while now, it's completely understandable. The game not running at all for certain set-ups is reason enough to delay a few days before making the alpha build available.

Do keep us in the loop on how things go though, I know there's more than a dozen of us constantly checking the forums and refreshing our e-mails every hour in anticipation! ;)

Pilluminati

Insider
It was 100% expected tbh. I would've been really impressed if they had managed to release it on Friday. Estimating these kinds of things is impossible unless you're some kind of oracle.

I know it sucks for you other guys, but I'm rather happy since I won't be failing my upcoming test due to this delay :p

Scarecrow

Insider
You and me both Komu. Want to get as much time possible with both SG and Dark Souls 2. It's strange how there has been nothing interesting to play in months, but suddenly all these great games clashes at the same time.

I understand that the combat test has to be delayed, even though it's a bummer. However it is indeed important that such problems are dealth with so that, as Madoc said, not only 40% of the alpha backers can play it. Take whatever time you need.

Omenov

Insider
What kind of machine has the game been developed on? Just curious. I fully understand the issues with PC gaming. I'm not a console guy but I understand the appeal for developers to be building a program that they know all the parameters. It's almost impossible to get it right for the multitude of different configurations out there for the PC. I still believe PC is the way to go but we don't need to start a console/PC rant. 8) they both have there pluses and minuses...this just happens to be one of the minuses of the PC.

Last edited:

Rev

Insider
It's finally hit me that I won't be absolutely smashing this game at the weekend... :'-(

lvk

Insider
It's finally hit me that I won't be absolutely smashing this game at the weekend... :'-(
Rewatch the dev videos! See if you can spot some details you've missed previously to hold yourself over. It's great fun.

Poza1010

Insider
Development is almost always like this. Some annoying issues pop up when you least expected. So this delay, although a bit disappointing, is kind of "expected". I'm confident you'll fix these problems :)

Fawz

Insider
What kind of machine has the game been developed on? Just curious. I fully understand the issues with PC gaming. I'm not a console guy but I understand the appeal for developers to be building a program that they know all the parameters. It's almost impossible to get it right for the multitude of different configurations out there for the PC. I still believe PC is the way to go but we don't need to start a console/PC rant. 8) they both have there pluses and minuses...this just happens to be one of the minuses of the PC.
My understanding is that the game is being developed for PC with an OpenGL API using a proprietary engine, physics systems and tools all programed by Madoc (no 3rd party middleware).

Mac and Linux support is a possibility, but not until after launch. As for console support, that's not even in the plans right now as it would take a lot of work to bring it over (Agreements with the manufacturers, add full controller support, port the game to work on the platforms, ect...) and would only pay off if the game is in a complete state. Expectations from games on consoles is nowhere near what people can handle on PC, especially with early access not even being a thing on consoles. The entitlement of console gamers and the platform's limitations would severely cripple the small development team.

Rewatch the dev videos! See if you can spot some details you've missed previously to hold yourself over. It's great fun.
I was planning to spend my days off on sui generis but this happened . So I gave in and donated another 20 for the videos and im waiting to get upgraded now.

Is the issue only with amd cards or does it also affect other systems.?

turtleman155

Insider
damn i dont have an amd card it would have worked for me, still keep up the great work

Edit: so still on the weekend? please please please?

Last edited:

666jet

Insider
well time to go find my old nvidia card lols i can't even remember where it is and i've just moved this should be fun haha think i might just wait i really really can't wait for this

Rev

Insider
I bought a new nVidia (after mine ceased working) just in time to play this combat test... Surely how gutted we all are is a testament to how much we all support this game and want to play....

Rob

Such is the nature of software development. You can't predict the presence of bugs/issues, nor predict how long they will set you back. And ensuring platform independence can be a real pain, full of unexpected issues.

When estimating how long a task will take me, I always multiply by pi - that seems to give a more realistic time estimate in practice!

I certainly understand the delay, and appreciate the time and effort that you're putting into getting the game out to us! I'd much rather you got it working properly before sending it to us, instead of sending us something rushed that won't work!

And thanks for the update - being well-informed makes a huge difference, no matter whether the news is good or bad :)

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.