Press TAB multiple times for different combat stances

Stekkmen

In the future, if combat stance are implemented, pressing TAB multiple times, like quickly tapping it twice, could switch the player between these different stances.

One stance I thought of was a stance that is catered towards Group Fights where you have one or more allies in close proximity towards you.

It'd make it so the normal swings (those sweeping swings that put your teammates into danger) are more downward focused. Diagonal slashes, that kind of things.

They'd be easier for the enemy to block, but you could make many more attacks without risk of friendly fire. Your teammates could do the same.

And because of the way it is accessed, you could quickly switch between normal combat stance and this stance, if you want to do the usual swings because you have put distance between you and your ally.

It'd also be useful for implementing future combat stances or types in general. Tapping three times quickly could gain access to another stance, ect.

Just *taptaptap*.

gugand

I don't think we need witcher styles. We can already choose how the swing is by mouse and feet movement. I think is better if we could set a different idle position of weapon (ready to attack or ready to parry/block to focus on strong attacks or better defence) or set starting position of weapon when we hit the LMB. It can be useful to avoid too much mouse movement to perform heavy attacks or left-to-right swing (i.e. against shield wearer).
I can't figure any other way to improve the excellent combat system.

Deityfierezy

Insider
I don't think we need witcher styles. We can already choose how the swing is by mouse and feet movement. I think is better if we could set a different idle position of weapon (ready to attack or ready to parry/block to focus on strong attacks or better defence) or set starting position of weapon when we hit the LMB. It can be useful to avoid too much mouse movement to perform heavy attacks or left-to-right swing (i.e. against shield wearer).
I can't figure any other way to improve the excellent combat system.
if im sincere i think anithing of this thread isnt needed, if you want to be more defensive, play more defensive, if you want to be more offensive be more offensive, etc.
sorry for my english.

Iscandar

I like the idea of using tab for modes, but I disagree on the idea of "defensive or offensive stances."

In my mind, I'd like the tab to be for alternate weapon modes.

For example, if using a poleaxe, one could switch between the ax head and hammer end to maximize damage efficiency against plated or non-plated enemies. Two-handed swords could be flipped around and swung by the blade mordhau style to increase the blunt damage and impact. Very long swords like zweihanders could be gripped further along the blade halfsword style and swung like a polearm. One handed military hammers (assuming we'll get any) can be flipped around to use either the pick end for pierce damage, or the hammer end for blunt. The list of ideas goes on.

It would certainly add more to the game without necessarily making it more complicated.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.