Sales model

Don Kanaille

Insider
As we know, Bare Mettle moved from accepting pledges for Sui Generis to a direct sales model of Exanima - currently, you can only buy the early access version for 15$, and that´s it.

However, especially on the Steam forum, questions pop up of people who already bought Exanima asking if there wasn´t a way to give the devs more money, most likely by pre-ordering Sui Generis. This game still seems to impress quite a few people with its concept and development videos. And maybe another way to get funds would be welcome, if the people are already willing.

So, what is Bare Mettle´s policy on this? Are you playing with the idea to allow some kind of Sui Generis pre-order (again) or will you stick with selling Exanima only in the foreseeable future?

I´m not urging you to necessarily change you model; I just think it would be useful to have an official statement from Bare Mettle to point to whenever that question arises. This could potentially also save from recieving a bunch of e-mails with such questions if the answer was publicily avaible in the forum.

Don Kanaille

Insider
So... no official answer? Not even a "we´re still thinking it through"?

As I said, anything would be helpful, at least as a source to point people asking about Sui Generis to.

Parco

there is still a donate button on the profile page for those who have bought/pledged the game, if people want to support the devs with money they can do it there.

Don Kanaille

Insider
That is good to know, albeit quite hidden. Does it still work? And if it does, is it also avaible to people who buy Exanima on steam or only to backers?

If it still works and is open for everyone, I´d suggest making it a bit more prominent. If it does not work or only for backers, I´d suggest making it work again and avaible to the public.

Either way, this does not answer the often brought-up question of pre-ordering Sui Generis. Will that be possible again anytime in the near future?

Parco

i think it works yea, it does bring me to paypal when i click on the donate button, dont know if that button is available to everyone. about pre-ordering sui generis i guess/bet it will be set up when alpha or beta is out, if not then maybe before if they need more funding.

Parco

isnt it on the bottom of the page where you download the game? the page where you need an alternative password to access.

if not then i guess that the donate button is only for those that have donated/contributed before the steam release.

Baka-sama

isnt it on the bottom of the page where you download the game? the page where you need an alternative password to access.

if not then i guess that the donate button is only for those that have donated/contributed before the steam release.
Yeah I can't access it, that's unfortunate, this was the first game I found where I was actually tempted to donate.

Vold

Insider
Yeah I can't access it, that's unfortunate, this was the first game I found where I was actually tempted to donate.
You could try sending them an inbox message. The public donations are closed (*cough* ste- *cough* am), but privatelly... *shrugs*, who knows...

Parco

did you purchase the game on here or on steam? if you buy the game here i think you should get an email with the password to that account page where you can download the game, or am i wrong?

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.