Show Me Dat Juicy Lore!

S

Sean

I'm a huge fan of lore, being a writer (hopefully, soon to be published author in the next few years... need any additional help?) I love a well built world, I love a good backstory and I love subtly giving information. Hopefully, there will be books and notes and NPCs telling you why they think the king is full of shit or why he is amazing. Cheers!

Tony Dye

Insider
Expect to see quite a lot of lore. Books, notes, letters, conversations...The world has a long and rich history for us to draw on and plenty to discover in the present day as well!

It's very much a "kid in a candy store" experience for me to get the opportunity to write for it.

S

Sean

Expect to see quite a lot of lore. Books, notes, letters, conversations...The world has a long and rich history for us to draw on and plenty to discover in the present day as well!

It's very much a "kid in a candy store" experience for me to get the opportunity to write for it.
I'm very much envious of you. I would love to help, maybe in minor ways. Whenever I write a book or story I get very immersed into the lore of that world to the point where I write more lore than I write the story. I'm even writing a religious book around a hundred pages just for a fun little story I'm making.

If you need any help or just want to see what the community can do, don't be afraid to ask us to create a quest or location :)

S

Sean

Well, you know there's exactly that opportunity on the $250 kickstarter pledge... :)
I wish I could, but I am a starving writer... I would be starving but my parents keep me well fed as I go to college in hopes of publishing and maybe getting a degree. But I am trying to recruit people to help out.

martino

Insider
I am tempted to up my pledge to the 250p.

"Pledge £250 or more

Use a standalone editor to design a 60 by 60 metre section of terrain that will be integrated and featured in the game. You will also be able to place some structures."

However I want to do more than place a couple of trees a hill and river.
If the work is of sufficent quality will the location have story componets attached?
Will we have the opportunity to communicate developers to produce something in line with the lore (eg battle field, den or a land mark)

ideas I have in mind for locations (with generic back story)
1: an over grown earth works fortification from a time forgotten
2: A settlement around / near a underword entrance
3: a robber barons fort or monastry on a hill top.

Madoc

Project Lead
We'll definitely work with you on this pledge tier. We can work with attached story elements so long as they fit nicely with the style of the world. Custom art assets for something like a fort or monastery would be a lot of work but I suppose if we like the idea we could make this into a significant POI. As long as you're flexible enough to work constructively with us anything is possible.

P.S. I've been to the place in the second picture :)

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.