So did you guy find a good animator ?

MrIdontKnow

Insider
I love that, especially the big guys spin at the end haha, but I think Madoc tweaks the animations a bit when most people said they were drunk fighters haha

Rob

I like this.

Obviously, the idea is for use in creating animations... but what about using kinect to play Sui Generis? Of course, it would only work if you invented the "kinect feedback response", which simulated a mace and sent you flying across the room :rolleyes:

(not meant seriously, just in case you were about to protest...)

JamesButlin

Insider
I like this.

Obviously, the idea is for use in creating animations... but what about using kinect to play Sui Generis? Of course, it would only work if you invented the "kinect feedback response", which simulated a mace and sent you flying across the room :rolleyes:

(not meant seriously, just in case you were about to protest...)
Couldn't imagine anything more frustrating than using kinect with physics-driven combat ;)

Real life animation like the kinect one always tends to come out a bit ridiculous and unrealistic looking when its transitioned to the game.

Not to mention it is not like they need full body animation in the game, most of the games 'animations' are completely random it looks like. As it should be.

You still need an animator if you're using motion capture in order to smooth it out and pin it to the models.
I know that,but with the mocap they could have realistic animation starts, that blend with their physics based animations.So we keep all the process really realistic but its just an idea if they prefer to work with keyframes it's their choice and may be more simple to use.

Irpie

Insider
So basically, you want euphoria. The physics engine thats now built into the RAGE engine for the recent GTA games, animations blended with physics and muscle constraints, to achieve dynamic and realistic fluid animation.
I really like the way they are headed with sui, and they really dont need tons of animations.

Pancakez54

Insider
Dude Euphoria is expensive, you can't just buy a license from Natural Motion you need to ring 'em up and make an agreement :p. Anyway I think their current engine is better for them because they made it(Even though I love Euphoria!), and hey, they are still developing it.

Euphoria is just too comedic for this game.

Also, about the vid: Love heavy's spin :D

S

Sean

You could always ask Monty Ohm from Roosterteeth. I'm sure they'll lend him out free as long as you add achievements in to the game.
And for those of you who don't know Monty, he does all the motion capture and animating for Red vs Blue and developed the software behind his new project, RWBY. He also directed and designed combat systems for some fighting games.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.