so the... Troll

Tony

Insider
I used the pit to kill it, but why you guys call it "Sir"? Did you find a lore fragment that I didn't?
It was a nickname I came up with sort of as a joke... I said "his name is 'Sir' since he's going to demand respect" and it just sort of stuck :p.

burgzaza

Insider
Ha ! I didn't know that Tony ^^
Well until maybe we have an official name for it, if we have at all ( no reason if it's just a wild creature that found shelter here ) it's pretty good :D

-Tim-

Insider
Ha ! I didn't know that Tony ^^
Well until maybe we have an official name for it, if we have at all ( no reason if it's just a wild creature that found shelter here ) it's pretty good :D
As much as I like Tony's 'quip', I don't think it's a good name and much prefer to call it d(a)e(a)mon or beast or Guardian or any name that actually enhances the dread and awe you're supposed to feel towards this creature.

Tony

Insider
As much as I like Tony's 'quip', I don't think it's a good name and much prefer to call it d(a)e(a)mon or beast or Guardian or any name that actually enhances the dread and awe you're supposed to feel towards this creature.
Ah, and how do you feel about the name "Porky" which is what the devs call the creature in the KS vids? Personally this name doesn't sound very dreadful to me neither lol.

Tony

Insider
I agree entirely.
The irony of calling a wild, dangerous and uncivilized creature 'Sir' is what originally inspired the name lol. I felt it was in line with the nickname 'Porky'. I can understand why others may not care for the name though :p.

-Tim-

Insider
The irony of calling a wild, dangerous and uncivilized creature 'Sir' is what originally inspired the name lol. I felt it was in line with the nickname 'Porky'. I can understand why others may not care for the name though :p.
I understand, and I did find it funny to call him Sir at first glance, it's also short, specific and thus practical. But I also believe in framing and the effects language/naming has on our experience of what we perceive (for those interested: a modified version of linguistic relativism and the Sapir-Whorf hypothesis). To me personally, the names I give to creatures subtly influence how I feel about them. And I assume this applies somewhat similarly for other people. Of course, people are free to call things what they want, I just felt like sharing my opinion on this.

Greenbrog

Insider
I'm not a big fan of "Sir" either. I do think of it as both a deathclaw from fallout and rancor from star wars. Other than the obvious, I don't have a better name really. While probably not accurate calling it demon is in the game. The devs have never given an official name, other than "porky", which is terrible.

ZaratanCho

Insider
"Porky" never had much to do with 'Sir' aside from size. It was a place holder creature from the KS days. Some people just kept/keep on identifying anything that is big as "Porky".

TURBOBRUH

Managed to kill it today.
Tried with sword and torch. Got rekt. Tried with sword an heather shield. Less downtime but still got rekt.
And then I tried the poleaxe. Its PERFECT. Its lenght, my characters height, everything. The overhead swing hit him right in the middle of the head, between those two buttcheeks. And it literally took 3 hits. I thought it would take alot more, but three perfect headshots and its dead. Poleaxe OP.
EDIT: he could drop something though.

konggary

Managed to kill it today.
Tried with sword and torch. Got rekt. Tried with sword an heather shield. Less downtime but still got rekt.
And then I tried the poleaxe. Its PERFECT. Its lenght, my characters height, everything. The overhead swing hit him right in the middle of the head, between those two buttcheeks. And it literally took 3 hits. I thought it would take alot more, but three perfect headshots and its dead. Poleaxe OP.
EDIT: he could drop something though.
What would you get from him? There aren't too many places you could hide something on him. I wonder if SG will have a Witcher element where you can take the head of a beast to prove you have slain it, or to collect a bounty. (the head would be pretty heavy without a horse though...)

EDIT: we don't even know if it's a "him"

Tyon

I think he/she/it should drop some sort of souvenir kinda like how the Proctor has that seal thing.

Feral trolls (not those ones from KS videos, which are armored and swinging with huge flail) are animals, like bears. What we can take from the bear? Almost nothing (hide, teeth / claws, meat, bones are not counted yet, ok?).
So feral trolls are simply guards or just an obstacle on the way to some loot (which could be a treasure or not).

Tyon

Perhaps a claw, or a tooth, some sort of body part that helps me remember I somehow managed to kill the damn bastard. Maybe give it a necklace or something that we can take, without any sort of magical effect of course.

I don't think the troll should drop something like armor, where exactly would it store such a thing? inb4anus

TURBOBRUH

What would you get from him? There aren't too many places you could hide something on him. I wonder if SG will have a Witcher element where you can take the head of a beast to prove you have slain it, or to collect a bounty. (the head would be pretty heavy without a horse though...)

EDIT: we don't even know if it's a "him"

If it has a gender its morelikely a boy than a girl lol. Then it could eat things.
So it could have something inside of it. Or you could cut out some organ or something. Im sure there would be plenty of uses for such creatures body parts. It could have some weapon stuck into its body, from some previous attacker as well.
EDIT: we could also take an empty bottle and put its blood inside. Goods for potions/rituals and shit I assume.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.