Steam Controller

If you don't already know what this is, http://store.steampowered.com/livingroom/SteamController/ .

I was pretty much wondering how well the team think this sort of controller would work with Sui Generis' current control scheme? Maybe there are simple adaptations you guys have thought of which would complement a controller like this. Do you plan to support this controller (and others) in anyway (obviously not a top priority but ever)?

Also, what does the community think of it. I personally think this is a huge improvement from the standard dual stick design (I haven't used one obviously, just the concept). Would you want to use a controller for a game like Sui Generis?

Meaghan Ballard

Supporter
It would be really nice if the controller worked with Sui Generis, but at the same time the control scheme has been made to be very simple for the keyboard, so if it weren't supported I don't think it would be a huge deal. I think that might be something to work in later, rather than spending the time now when it is sorely needed for the rest of development.
I have high hopes for the controller itself though, trying to find a good one for computer gaming hasn't been easy in my experience.

Komuflage

Insider
Personally I would never use a controller for an isometric game with a cursor.
However it's innovative, but I dunno if I prefer "touch" instead of a stick.
Touch will ofc be more precise, but in games were prescision is important I'll use the mouse anyway.

Parco

agree with komuflage, would rather stick with mouse and keyboard. i prefer not using controllers at all but im ok using it on consoles and if games are poorly ported to pc. the steam controller looks interesting but im still a little skeptical about how well touch will replace stick.
anyway here is some instructions on how to use it: https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/7829489408/hFC950A66/ :p

Madoc

Project Lead
When people first asked about controllers we thought it might work but later realised it probably wouldn't. Some aspects of combat could translate quite well to a controller but then there's also a fair bit of accurate targeting which does not. Item interaction and the UI also generally rely on pixel perfect cursor targeting so that doesn't look promising for a controller either.

Fawz

Insider
From the looks of things it does indeed look like a controller would be much too unwieldy of an input device.

I think it best to keep designing the game with Mouse & Keyboard in mind, and then see if maybe there's the possibility of implementing a logical Controller set-up. Maybe once the community get their hands on the game they'll make their own custom Controller layout.

I personaly dont think the new controller is gonna make much of a diffrence for the gameplay, I imagin it will mostly make it rather difficult for people to type/talk togeter.. bringing me to the question, will we be able to write to eachother ingame, even tho its mostly recommended to stuff like LAN.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.