Subreddit

Cooper Holt

Insider
I enjoy browsing reddit relatively often, and I decided to see if there was a Sui Generis subreddit. There is, but there are only 5 posts, and 3 of them are mine.
If there is anyone else out there who likes reddit, go on the subreddit and post some things for yourself, because in its current state, it looks unfortunately barren.
Thoughts?

Ickorus

Insider
I've subscribed to it but as Tom says, it is unlikely we'll see much activity there until Alpha or we get some public updates; perhaps the devs can give people a heads-up during such an update that the subreddit exists?

Cooper Holt

Insider
Good points, fellas.
I'd also like to point out that the subreddit's moderator, "Morticide", is asking that the devs contact him.

Maybe a better effort from the community now would be to improve the wiki. If more information was consolidated in one place it would be easier for new people to understand why this game deserves their attention. It's quite difficult now to find out much about anything without searching dev comments on here but a wiki is something very approachable to a lot of people. It would also help if there was a link on the about/homepage.

Cooper Holt

Insider
I agree. I have the wiki bookmarked, and I'd be happy to edit anyone's articles for spelling errors, grammar errors, etc.
I enjoy doing that. :)

Reactions: Tom

Tom

Insider
I agree. I have the wiki bookmarked, and I'd be happy to edit anyone's articles for spelling errors, grammar errors, etc.
I enjoy doing that. :)

That's what I like about little communities like these - every person counts, especially those who contribute to it.

So we have a Wiki, a reddit... is there something else we could work on? I'm wondering, not saying we NEED more.

nox

Insider
Subscribed :) I reddit all day everyday, but hadn't thought about sui on reddit, I just keep the sui forum up on a tab next to reddit. :p

Komuflage

Insider
About alpha, are you sure we wont be under a NDA? cus if we will, then that means u cant add anything alpha/beta exclusive to the wiki. (This can be a good thing to keep in mind before you do things u're not allowed to)

ansong

Insider
A vibrant subreddit would probably bring many more contributors to the game. Look at how active the starcitizen subreddit is. Of course RSI had more cash initially, already being veterans in the field, and have been regularly releasing content of all types to fuel excitement about the project. Since the development videos for Sui Generis have been locked up so to speak, they need (IMO) to release regular teaser videos or something to keep people interested. Heck, if they're testing the game and see a particularly brutal takedown or something, they could even turn it into an animated gif. People eat that stuff up.

While I'm sure the game isn't stagnating, it sure looks that way from the outside.

Parco

dissapointing indeed, but expected. im supprised that the videos havent leaked out on any third party video page yet, havent seen any at least.

Tom

Insider

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.