Successful Robbery of the Arena Store!

Tyrek

After semi-accidentally discovering a way of getting into the arena store (and corrupting my save) I tried robbing the store in a less messy way.

I might just have become the first robber/thief of Exanima! :D

An (almost) empty store
The loot!
(I kept certain helmet in my inventory for less spoilers)

Tyrek

Well there's no error on Bare Mettle's part, the store is impenetrabel.
I edited my save file, moved the entire storefront out of the way, robbed the store and then put it all back into place by once again editing the save.

I can tell you exactly how I edited the save file though, if you want.

EDIT: I do NOT encourage anyone to do this. You WILL break your saves AND the game. Exanima is meant to be enjoyed without this sort of cheating.

Last edited:

Tyon

The magic helmet you find in level 3 is there but I've never seen it for sale in the shop. Odd but cool.

I edited my save file, moved the entire storefront out of the way, robbed the store and then put it all back into place by once again editing the save.

Please, teach me the ways of robbing stores!

Murf

Not necc, thought it was a glitch, there used to be one that allowed you to take from the store. Please don't post any hacking how-to's here.

Tyrek

Not necc, thought it was a glitch, there used to be one that allowed you to take from the store. Please don't post any hacking how-to's here.
Okey! I won't!

I would feel bad about helping people break this awesome game ^^ (they'll have to figure it out themselves, which I do NOT recommend*)
Also I would never do this if I hadn't already thoroughly played every bit of the game.

*WARNING*: Tampering with game files will destroy your saves and the game, and I do not recommend it.

Duh, private message the method then.
Since when is it not allowed to share methods of tinkering with files? Did Madoc say that personally?

I paid for Sui Generis, I have it on MY harddrive, as long as I don't make it public, I can do
whatever the fuck I want with my files. It's bad enough that we don't have a sandbox mode where we have some dev tools and can test everything out.

I doubt what Tyrek did can be called -real- hacking.
Besides, the -creative- side of hacking that does not exploit or harm any other people is harmless. And cool.

Creating a working backup is a mandatory step when tinkering anyway!

Last edited:

Tyrek

For me it all depends on what Bare Mettle's view on it is. PMing it once might not hurt but I can see why they wouldn't want open posts about how to break the game. They have a very clear creative vision of how they want the game to be and I'm not entirely comfortable tampering with something they've been pouring their lives into for years.

That said, between updates like now I am getting more enjoyment out of the game by editing game files. If they would be okay with it I'd love to share some mods so that people who have already finished the game can try something different.

Murf

Yes, Madoc has asked Tony and I to remove any how-to posts regarding modifying their game.

Saetheer

Insider
I would suggest not to tamper with files, especially since the game is in the early stage it is. If you get errors later on, BM would spend time trying to fix an issue you've reported - without being an issue - it's just a repercussion after your cheating corrupted some other files.

Sucks if it results in BM spends actual development time on your stupidity. That's just my opinion at least.

-Tim-

Insider
It seems to me the worst that can happen is that more and more people start tampering with files, corrupting their other files in the process and then reporting bugs. This would damage the bug reporting process severely. Of course, some modders are aware of this and won't make that mistake, but many probably aren't.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.