[Suggestion SG] - Tracking Log

Guibou9

Hi everyone, I don't know if that was mentioned before but I couldn't find anything similar on the forum. I've got that idea from other RPG's that I've played in the past (Oblivion, Witcher... even Fable). Basically the idea (which is mainly aimed at Sui Generis) is that you would have some sort of ''Log'' or ''Journal'' that tracks some elements of your progress in one generated world (If that system still is the one they plan on using). Let me clarify this thought.

- Tracking Random Stuff -

For example, you could open a window that would allow you to see how many Enemies you killed, what were their type (Skeleton, Zombie, Humanoid...), what is your favoured weapon, the longest time you lasted without dying in a single run, the highest amount of currency you had on yourself, number of quests completed... and the list goes on and on. That's just for shits and giggles and that doesn't really break the immersion or the game play.

- Tracking More Useful Stuff -

Also, on that same optic, it would be cool to track some battle statistic. For example, with what weapons you miss the most, what kind of monster kills you more often, what are the parts of your body that gets a beating more often (Head, Legs, shoulders...). That could help you understand what are your weaknesses in combat so you could work on them. It could also keep track of all the dialogues you had with NPCS a bit like in the old D&D type of RPG's (or just the more recent ones w/e). It would act as an archive for the player.

I've always liked that kind of tracking system in games... maybe that's just me. Anyways that's just a small suggestion nothing that important, just thought it could be fun. What do you guys think?

Greenbrog

Insider
While in theory I like the idea, though I feel it's out of character for the BM feel. BM had very little HUD, the immersion factor is always something to account for. Having a pop window like that is more about The BM games aren't about quantifying things like that. AND they are about you doing things yourself, as your character has your mental state. As for the other stuff... record your fighting and then watch it. BM probably will never keep track of that stuff for you. And you're more than welcome to record everything you want in the journal.

I'd be fine personally if they wanted to include something like that, but I think it would add less than it detracts.

burgzaza

Insider
Hi Guibou9
this is not really objectively good for the dungeon mode. I feel like "you completed 9 questsn killed 47 undeads, 1 skeleton, 5 ghouls and 3 blue babies" would be out of place.

A more roleplay journal automatically depicting events you witnesses is already quite a debate on the forums.

I wouldn't mind an informative/stats page like that with the arena overhaul. Could be cool if we can create several characters like in the main dungeon mode, and have acess to that kind of statistics for each character.
It could be a good plus. Fun, and also informative.

Guibou9

Hi Guibou9
this is not really objectively good for the dungeon mode. I feel like "you completed 9 questsn killed 47 undeads, 1 skeleton, 5 ghouls and 3 blue babies" would be out of place.

A more roleplay journal automatically depicting events you witnesses is already quite a debate on the forums.

I wouldn't mind an informative/stats page like that with the arena overhaul. Could be cool if we can create several characters like in the main dungeon mode, and have acess to that kind of statistics for each character.
It could be a good plus. Fun, and also informative.
Yeah to me it's more for the fun of it, also @Greenbrog: It isn't necessarily forced to be a pop-up window, it could be a window that you can access only when you're out of your game (in a certain world), just before loggin' into it. Not sure if you see what I mean there. That way it wouldn't affect the immersion at all. (Well not while you're playing).

Greenbrog

Insider
Is more that BM doesn't like quantifying things. They also aren't interested in giving "scores" and much of the information your talking about is exactly that. I'm all about the spread sheets and charts myself, but BM isn't. And I don't think Ex or SG will be either.

Tyon

Also, on that same optic, it would be cool to track some battle statistic. For example, with what weapons you miss the most, what kind of monster kills you more often, what are the parts of your body that gets a beating more often (Head, Legs, shoulders...). That could help you understand what are your weaknesses in combat so you could work on them.
This would be pretty useful if it's in the arena, since it doesn't have that much story relevance and it's designed to make you better at the game.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.