Sui Generis crime and punishment.

Nynuc

Insider
Will there be prisons in SG? Can you steal things, and rob stores? How will guards react when you kill someone?

Zahdra

I wonder how prison sentences will work in game, whether or not you'll have to serve them or not?

Oblivions system was alright where you simply slept and your sentence was through, but I think a little more features to keep the player interested in prison life would be nice. Perhaps manual labour or have some guards spit out insults, or have some prisoners on the opposite end laugh and torment you somehow.

NachoDawg

I wonder how prison sentences will work in game, whether or not you'll have to serve them or not?

Oblivions system was alright where you simply slept and your sentence was through, but I think a little more features to keep the player interested in prison life would be nice. Perhaps manual labour or have some guards spit out insults, or have some prisoners on the opposite end laugh and torment you somehow.
I don't know how SG/EX will deal with skipping time, i think it's a complicated enough issue that it's why they don't want sleep included in the game

Parco

There is already a time skipping function in the game, it happens when you are knocked out, the reason they dont want to add a sleep/resting mechanic (im assuming you got that from the grand list of dev quotes, the title said sleep but madoc is talking about resting) in the game is because the mechanic in itself will be tedious over time, its a matter of prioritizing fun over realism.

The Witcher

Supporter

it would be so fun if you had to stay in the prison for the time you got sentenced in barricading the door with buckets and your bed while trying to escape through chiping the stones

The Witcher

Supporter
I'm pretty sure back in medieval times you'd get your head cut off for most things.
Executions where pretty rare most of the things where sending you away from your hometown or your village if you did something wrong its not like in tv shows or movies you see now days

Stokviz

Supporter
Executions where pretty rare most of the things where sending you away from your hometown or your village if you did something wrong its not like in tv shows or movies you see now days
Even this is too cruel. If you want to understand medieval times, sometimes, it is best to think logicly. Back then they were humans too, with the same IQ as we have but with less means to use and less means to study. But still they weren't all that different. So if you comitted a lesser crime in a medieval city the most common punishment was a fine. Why? Because that's a lot more profitable for the city than cutting someones head off. Why pay an executioner if you can make money out of it? If someone pressed charges on you and you would not appear in court you're in big trouble though, then you'll be outlawed. Beheading is usually a sentence for a noble, like a knight or a lord. Non-nobles would be hanged as a death sentence. The ridiculous torture machines you see in movies and "torture museums" are almost all hogwash.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.