Support for analog stick

Kevin309

I want to use the steam controller but the only problem i have was that the game doesnt support analog stick is there a way to do that. And i already configure to use "wasd" keys but its not good.

andraip

Insider
I don't think this game is supposed to be played without a mouse.

Doing something like picking up a key would be a nightmare.

Kevin309

I tried and teh steam controllers does a good job on simulate a mouse. The problem is the movement buttons . The "wasd" keys, i tried to configure that but its not good enough. I think its more natural move with the stick and more confortable i only need to know how can i configure the movement keys to work as analog stick.

El Maco

Insider
This game has no support for analog sticks. Sorry.
You're probably right but it could support an analog stick. Exanima's current UI does not translate well to be operated with a traditional game controller (I tried it.) But, assuming the Steam controller does indeed emulate a mouse well enough, it might make a difference. I, for one, am really interested in this possiblity.

Endyamond

Hi, I tried with a steam controller with a home made configuration... And the response was over my expectation! I've always thought that was really difficult to play this game with a pad, but now I believe that's really possible. The major issues are the difference between exploring & fighting, (in fighting mode it works wery well), and assign buttons for the zoom in/out. I find a solution that allows to use all the commands. And I thinks that when BM will release the Steam Controller config will be Great!

Last edited:

Cilcain

I am using the analogue stick on my CH Pro flight throttle, with an Autohotkey script to read the stick axes and generate WASD. Combined with all the other buttons on the CH Pro, it works very well -- better than k/b in my view.

zhuliks

Insider
I am using the analogue stick on my CH Pro flight throttle, with an Autohotkey script to read the stick axes and generate WASD. Combined with all the other buttons on the CH Pro, it works very well -- better than k/b in my view.
I use Joy2Key its simpler than fiddling with script code plus you DO NOT need to convert thumbstick input to WASD game has an undocumented support for left thumbstick support and its much better than just wasd, it supports precise thumb angle not just up-right-down-left wasd offers.

Cilcain

Joy2Key looks interesting but I don't think it would provide the power and flexibility I prefer. I enjoy scripting so making the stick do different things depending on deflection is actually fun for me -- but sadly the CH Pro mini stick doesn't really have the physical range to allow enough differentiation. With a larger device I would definitely implement something like "full deflection = dash".

edit: would be interested to discover more about this "undocumented support", though. So far I've found some posts about it but no details of actually using it.

Last edited:

Madoc

Project Lead
Analogue stick support was added after this thread was last active, and already improved based on feedback and testing. It comes with its own control system, it allows precise and responsive screen relative movement both in and out of combat, with step/dash and walk/run based on extension. It's about as good as good as it can possibly be for this game and you won't get comparable results with keyboard emulation.

I'm personally not a fan of controllers, and I find the lack of precise cursor control too crippling, but I have to say the thumbstick movement is very good.

The support is via XInput, so it should work with just about any controller as is. I have tested it with the Steam controller, I know others have tried it on other controllers.

Cilcain

Sounds good Madoc, thanks for the info. I will plug on with using my non-Xinput flight throttle as a handy keyboard alternative :)

Madoc

Project Lead
Sounds good Madoc, thanks for the info. I will plug on with using my non-Xinput flight throttle as a handy keyboard alternative :)
Ah, shame. There may an XInput emulator you can use perhaps. I've implemented support for a lot of different input devices in the past, but I'm not too up to date on the topic. XInput seems to be the best way to support the most popular controllers today.

opiumtea

That's great news. I'm a Steam Controller user and have found it works very well in this game. I tend to use the gyro for swinging weapons, whilst the trackpad takes a secondary role. Keyboard controls are mapped to the D-pad for me, though i'll definitely check out the analogue stick support. Will it be in the upcoming update or is it already in the game?

Tony

Insider
That's great news. I'm a Steam Controller user and have found it works very well in this game. I tend to use the gyro for swinging weapons, whilst the trackpad takes a secondary role. Keyboard controls are mapped to the D-pad for me, though i'll definitely check out the analogue stick support. Will it be in the upcoming update or is it already in the game?
It's already in the game.

opiumtea

no option needed - if you have xinput supported gamepad and use left thumb it moves character screen-ralatively.
Ah, understood! I've had the Steam Controller's analogue stick emulating WASD so this function was being screened. I'll give it a go, cheers.

opiumtea

I'm finding it works out of combat but not in combat mode. That seems to be counter to Madoc's description. Is there any obvious reason it wouldn't be working for me?

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.