The Arena Challenges !

burgzaza

Insider
Hello Exanimates, what about some arenas challenges ?

Many rules could be established, and anyone is welcome to start a new challenge whenever he wants, it can overlap the older ongoing ones.
Try to think about something diferent enough from the aready listed challenges.

Let's Go ! List of the challenges :

___________________Challenge by Burgzaza____________________________
>Viking !<
Character requirements :
-Have a Viking name ! :D
-Have blond and long hair
-Tall and muscular body type

Gear requirements :
-Basic trousers
-basic boots or shoes
-belt (optional)

Weapons requirements :
-Large round shield and battle axe, or two handed axe of any quality

Loot rules :
-No loot allowed except above gear and weapons

Settings :
-Practice mode. Record a serie of two attempts maximum in novice, if you succeed, go on in Expert and again, two tries ( more and it would become too long, 6 tries can make a 15 minutes videos or more, times flies when we have fun ^^ )
-You can go in expert mode to grab the battle axe and the shield, but the superior two handed axe can only be looted during the challenge.
There we go, good luck ! Let's spill blood.
Post your glory or your shame, but post, or the Valhalla will refuse you !
___________________Challenge by ElQuichos____________________________
>Bare hands !<
-Practice arena, novice and or expert.
-The purest form, you can count on nothing but your fists.
___________________Challenge by NekroCreed____________________________
>Fightclub !<
My suggestion would be an ironic pugilist challenge.

The rules would be to not participate in pugilism in the arena (just the rest of the modes available), fight using the pugilist gloves and the only 2 pieces of equipment that You can wear would be the gloves of course and a head piece.
___________________Challenge by Phantasm_____________________________
>Iron Fist !<
-Practice arena
-Fists only
-All armor allowed
>Speedrun !<
speedrun the practice arena as fast as possilble.

No restrictions, just try to get fastest time between hitting start on the character screen to the last opponent.
___________________Challenge by Scarecrow_____________________________
>Water Dancing Master Challenge !<
- In practice mode, Expert arena
- Complete it with only basic clothing (No padded clothes, leather or armor)
- Only allowed to use the starter 1h sword from Novice arena, and no shield (Enter Novice arena, equip starting sword, go back out into the menu, then enter the Expert arena. The weapon should carry over.)
- No looting!
Inspired by the fight scene with Syrio Forel from GoT.
___________________Challenge by Don Kanaille____________________________
>Gollum challenge !<
- practice arena
- a character with the smallest, thinnest and weakest build (and grayish skin)
- constantly crouch
- no clothing, no looting
- rusted short sword only
______________________Challenge by Deityfierezy__________________________
>Upgrade challenge !<
"Power-up challenge" or "Upgrade challenge"
Rules:
-Practice arena, first novice.
-Naked
-No weapon
-Loot allowed, when you kill someone you can loot him, but if
you kill the next fighter and you want her/she items you have to throw
the loot of the previous one.
________________________Challenge by Vold______________________________

>The Naked Maul challenge !<
-Practice arena, first the novice one, but you have to go grab the maul in the Expert one.
-Naked
-Maul
-No loot allowed

Last edited:

burgzaza

Insider
This is really cool, and if I have time I might participate though I'm too lazy to record video.
Yeah sometimes it's a pain to record stuff, upload... Fraps annoys me a lot right now :p
But no worries, a screen of your character, dead or alive, but full of glory, does the job too !
I started this challenge because a friend gave me this idea ( herself being challenged by one of her friends ), and while trying to do it, I noticed how I now suck at unarmored fights and really need to train more like this ! I'm getting too used to my fancy plate armor and of the Security skill ^^
I assumed it might be the same for many players, so nothing like a "role play" little challenge as training.
As long as some people try it a bit and maybe even post a video, it's all good.

I'm editing my video on virtualdub, to make it lighter and be able to upload that.

Last edited:

-Tim-

Insider
Nice idea. I'll give it a whirl one of these days, I've never beaten the expert arena with an axe before though... :oops:

I noticed you use crouch quite a lot. Was happy to see you get punished for it ;)

burgzaza

Insider
I made the same thread on the Steams forums and on a french forum ( Canard PC )

That video help me a lot with LtR, and doing great damge, I manage to 1 hit some guys.
Thank you.
Glad to hear ! It's my favorite move with a lot of weapons.

Nice idea. I'll give it a whirl one of these days, I've never beaten the expert arena with an axe before though... :oops:

I noticed you use crouch quite a lot. Was happy to see you get punished for it ;)
Yeah the crouch is a big part of my combats, I find it to help a lot with overheads, and to aim lower with some swings when unbalanced. Also of course, against shields, it might be a bad habit to take tho ^^
The mace to the face punished me so bad, but I'm pretty happy with how glorious ( and very lucky ) crouch can be : check at 0:43 secs in the video :p
I'm sure it will becore an even higher risk/reward move in the future.
Would be cool to have your own attempt Tim, may Odin add a socketed blue gem to your axe...

burgzaza

Insider
A challenge on the Steam forums :
NekroCreed said:
My suggestion would be an ironic pugilist challenge.

The rules would be to not participate in pugilism in the arena (just the rest of the modes available), fight using the pugilist gloves and the only 2 pieces of equipment that You can wear would be the gloves of course and a head piece.
Well this was a humiliation :p

burgzaza

Insider
That's the spirit ! Good tries nonetheless Nekro, and again, super well edited Brandixco, gg to get to the boss !

I love how the blood looks on these large giant northerners :D

MindSliver

This was such a fun idea. I gave the viking challenge a try though I'll confess I never much liked axes... so I thought I'd try a new challenge for myself. I call it the i.33 challenge. basically sword and buckler with no shirt/armor. took me a couple tries to get through the novice but the expert arena was quite challenging with only a short sword. Gave up on our friend with a mace and shield haha.

Scarecrow

Insider
"Dancing Master Challenge"

- In practice mode, Expert arena
- Complete it with only basic clothing (No padded clothes, leather or armor)
- Only allowed to use the starter 1h sword from Novice arena, and no shield (Enter Novice arena, equip starting sword, go back out into the menu, then enter the Expert arena. The weapon should carry over.)
- No looting!

Inspired by the fight scene with Syrio Forel from GoT.

Dorag

This is a very nice idea, I always set up some nice challenges for myself when I play, main one being I play naked all the time to practice to perfection, and I find that as the game gets updated more and more I am able to succeed much better.

So I gave the "Viking Challenge" a go, my first and only run was a success and took 4 minutes 48 seconds :D

I also only used overheads, because real vikings are fierce and aim for the skull!
I WILL DRINK FROM YOUR SKULL!

As you might notice I also don't move my camera much, that's because I believe it is better to learn to play from your character's point of view than to cater to the camera at every step of the way, so space-users, learn ;)

Also because of the music I added, this video is blocked in Germany, so anyone from Germany, you can download the video from this link - ssyoutube.com/watch?v=zg-N0ZNXAEk

I was surprised I could record this and have my PC keep up! I am playing on a 2 physical cores i3 4160 and the game stutters alot but it only did once in the video thankfully :)

Last edited:

Don Kanaille

Insider
Back in the combat beta, there was the "gollum challenge":

- practice arena
- a character with the smallest, thinnest and weakest build (and grayish skin)
- constantly crouch
- no clothing, no looting
- rusted short sword only

Deityfierezy

Insider
"Power-up challenge" or "Upgrade challenge"
Rules:
-Practice arena, first novice.
-Naked
-No weapon
-Loot allowed, when you kill someone you can loot him, but if
you kill the next fighter and you want her/she items you have to throw
the loot of the previous one.

burgzaza

Insider
This is my try:
please watch it to the end
sorry for my english
Good one man, and good use of the LtR swing !

So I gave the "Viking Challenge" a go, my first and only run was a success and took 4 minutes 48 seconds :D

I also only used overheads, because real vikings are fierce and aim for the skull!
I WILL DRINK FROM YOUR SKULL!
Holy crap ! Hahaa that was pretty incredible, good job !
Now you have so many skulls to drink into :D

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.