The Exanima Videos & Screenshots Thread

MrSharkus

Hey this is very nice! Where can I find such camera mod?
Thanks man. The opinions the devs have on game hacks aren't particularly positive so I won't release anything i've made. You might be able to find something similar if you look on the Cheat Engine forums, which is the software I used.

Vanguarda

Thanks man. The opinions the devs have on game hacks aren't particularly positive so I won't release anything i've made. You might be able to find something similar if you look on the Cheat Engine forums, which is the software I used.
Oh thanks for the info man, I thought mods was something common and supported around here you know, as they usually are. Didn't know it was forbidden!

zhuliks

Insider
Oh thanks for the info man, I thought mods was something common and supported around here you know, as they usually are. Didn't know it was forbidden!
Forbidden are cheats and mods that change the way game is meant to be played. Game is rather different to what people are used to, if there were mods that added custom save system, godmode, 3rd person fixed camera, attack that plays itself if you just press a button etc, basically making the game like a generic gray mass flooding the market, then people would probably install all that immediately, because vanilla game is too different and they dont feel like getting used to new system. So game impression, the way authors meant it to be played, feelings its supposed to generate in players would be compromised. No tension, no pleasure of finally mastering combat, not as much freedom in combat.

Im not talking specifically about camera mods, Im trying to explain what developers wouldnt like to see as mods.

Last edited:

Vanguarda

Forbidden or are cheats and mods that change the way game is meant to be played. Game is rather different to what people are used to, if there were mods that added custom save system, godmode, 3rd person fixed camera, attack that plays itself if you just press a button etc, making the game like a generic gray mass flooding the market people would probably install all that immediately because vanilla game is too different and they dont feel like getting used to new system. So game impression, the way authors meant it to be played, feelings its supposed to generate in players would be compromised. No tension, no pleasure of finally mastering combat, not as much freedom in combat.

Im not talking specifically about camera mods, Im trying to explain what developers wouldnt like to see as mods.
Very good points Mr. Zhuliks, haven't thought about that and it makes sense tbh. Thanks for explaining it!

The camera mod seems awesome, that + a slomo mod would be great to make a deeper analysis on the game mechanics. Perhaps a "replay" mod, where you could turn the camera however you like and control the speed of the game would be very useful for this purpose as well imo.

Also for playing on the dungeon mode, I would like more zoom and the possibility to make the camera go down to a third-person like angle, so I could see the scenery from other angles. I find the dungeon rather well made tbh, some rooms are really nice

Tyon

Replay mode is something I've wanted for a long time, having a slow motion setting would be nice for taking screenshots, of course your character should be disabled from doing anything while in slow motion.

zhuliks

Insider
Very good points Mr. Zhuliks, haven't thought about that and it makes sense tbh. Thanks for explaining it!

The camera mod seems awesome, that + a slomo mod would be great to make a deeper analysis on the game mechanics. Perhaps a "replay" mod, where you could turn the camera however you like and control the speed of the game would be very useful for this purpose as well imo.

Also for playing on the dungeon mode, I would like more zoom and the possibility to make the camera go down to a third-person like angle, so I could see the scenery from other angles. I find the dungeon rather well made tbh, some rooms are really nice
In-engine replays is a planned feature. Just like old quake demos.
As for zoom, they wanted to get rid of paperdoll in inventory and zoom in on character instead, so you would drag&drop things directly, that would help seeing small details and keys on the ground as well.

Vanguarda

In-engine replays is a planned feature. Just like old quake demos.
As for zoom, they wanted to get rid of paperdoll in inventory and zoom in on character instead, so you would drag&drop things directly, that would help seeing small details and keys on the ground as well.
Man, the replay thing is a feature I can't wait to see implemented, it will be possible to make some real nice videos of the fights!

I mean, sometimes using the spear I do some beautiful stabs in the eyeballs of my opponent, that he even falls to the ground with the impact of the stab. I would love to see that from a closer perspective, and in slomo. Also a feature I really wish to see implemented is blood on the environment. Imagine how beautiful the scenery would be after a well placed overhead/stab in the face! Its sad to see all that blood vanishing away tbh

I tell you Mr. Zhuliks, this game when its finished its going to be a masterpiece, very talented and innovative devs really. I can't wait for future updates!

MrApophos

I'm also really into the replay idea, been longing to see replays of those "wtf" moments that happen all too often. As well as those really satisfying kills. I wish to see closer up, but not while I'm fighting, I really enjoy the system as it is. And when dismemberment and slices and crushes make it into the damage system...well...

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.