Thoughts about new enemies (spoilers)

ChavaiotH

The new weapon can be powered by blue crystals.
The blue crystals can be retrieved from dead golems.
Golems are powered by blue crystals.
Golems=robots ))

NachoDawg

The guy who writes the scrolls (forgot the name just now) says he thinks they are using a more advanced soul magic than he and thaven were up to..

so blue crystal might be soul vessels. Maybe all the crystals are?

ChavaiotH

I think its something like batteries. I mean they can power the mace. So for me they are stupid robots without soul ))

Oniss

I would think the gems would use the same idea as soul gems in Elder Scroll games. Whereby the dead souls of other people might power them..

Tommaso

i don't really understand now what yellow and green gems do but, the blu one elettrify the mace and the armor, eliminating the encumbrance that goes to 1000000000kk if not elettrified.
so if u put the blu crystal on weapon and armor u can see the lightning on mace and blu gems on the back of armor, with the other crystal nothing happen

ChavaiotH

i don't really understand now what yellow and green gems do but, the blu one elettrify the mace and the armor, eliminating the encumbrance that goes to 1000000000kk if not elettrified.
so if u put the blu crystal on weapon and armor u can see the lightning on mace and blu gems on the back of armor, with the other crystal nothing happen
Put the amber crystal into the mask. Put the mask on and it will heal you. Easy) ))

Deityfierezy

Insider
And the big crystal of the big golem? i found a normal encased crystal, I hit two times the big golem with it and the mace lost the electricity but some time after that it goes back for 1-2 hit, I think it charges automatically.
sorry for my english.

Roryn

Insider
I was just wondering.. When the update came out, who else just knew that those golems would animate and attack us? I'm not sure I scare particularly easily, but walking down that first hallway waiting for them to come at me was more than I could handle. The suspense almost killed me. It was so bad that I had to alt+f4 in case I had a panic attack haha.

zhuliks

Insider
Necromancer that wrote the scroll about golems says he though they are just mechanisms/robots at first too, then he *sensed* something sinister inside them. Crystals very well might be just "batteries" to power the suit, but somewhere there either in crystal or armor itself is a bound soul.

Some other scrolls of people working there also mentions they have done horrible sinister things there. Probably human sacrifice to bind their souls into the armor, crystals might just be helping those bind souls to control the animated armor because such things are done with thaumaturgy, even raised undead are souls that animate the bodies themselves, its not necromancer that animates them, he just calls souls or minds from beyound and binds to dead bodies, but those souls or minds need to have some skill in thaumaturgy to do so, it might be enough to control a human remains but for huge metal suit that never was human they might need some kind of additional pawer, like power from crystals.

Quote from thaumaturgy description from this site: "a necromancer would use powerful Mind thaumaturgy to evoke the transcended mind of the dead, causing them to take control of their remains. The revived dead control their decayed bodies by means of their own dormant capacity for thaumaturgy."

bobchaos

I'm with zhuliks on this, the necromancer's scrolls are pretty clear that there's some dark and evil soul-harvesting thaumaturgy at work in the golems. I suspect the crystals are just the vessels that hold the souls (or whatever is left of them) since a suit of armor did not have a soul to be conjured in the first place.

Some people have suggested the necromancer may not know or understand what he's talking about, but we're talking about a guy who (according to the scrolls you find everywhere) can raise the dead by basically just wishing it, read and control human minds, and even telepathically distract Sir, who is in all likelihood one of the demons sent forth by the Guardian of the Underworld (assuming the books you find on that subject are not complete horses**t). It's fair to assume he can recognize magic when he sees it, even if it is much more advanced than his own. That was actually his purpose down there, to research all those goodies hiding in the Underworld and return to Thaven. He's not just a necromancer, he's sort of a scientist too. In my journal I alternate references to him as "necromancer" and "researcher" quite often.

Anyhow, in the golem foundry you can see them made, looks pretty mundane, the crystals are pretty much the only weird thing about the workshops. There's a machine that I assumed to be an infusion chamber of some sort too, but I could be wrong about it's purpose. All the other workshops look like prettu regular smithies and foundries with the usual tools of the trade strewn about. I think the golems are regular (albeit oversized) armor suits, made from the weird metals found only in the underworld, possibly infused with some thaumaturgic energy, and powered by crystals who are themselves powered by evil soul-stealing/rending magic. There's a few ways to look at it in the end, but the evidence you find in game point to something close to this.

*edit* you'll also note the area has multiple arenas and some scrolls suggesting their purpose was not only to train in combat (in one note found in an office near the fighting pits, a guy says he's getting a lot more people come to him since people started getting killed but he's disappointed because they're not coming for the right reasons). I think the arena was for devout volunteers of the creepy spider-cult, and the losing combatants had their souls loaded up in the crystals o_O If you're not good enough to fight, at least you can power a golem! More evidence: when you enter the crypt all the sarcophagies look very classy, and all have warrior like designs on them, some even have weapons and armor (the zombies that came out of them sure do :p ), suggesting those who died in the fighting pit were honored by the cult and not just slaves killed for entertainment

Last edited:

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.