Thoughts and Ideas General

Nomad

Eventually the zoom will be greatly increased when you open inventory, but you won't be able to move.

Also, there will be hot swap weapon keys, so you won't have to open your inventory to switch weapons.
The zooming in and out is for exploring, not too useful if I cant move. Sometimes in combat I zoom all the way in to better see the movements.
And before someone makes a joke about it; there is nothing wrong with my eyesight ;)

Greenbrog

Insider
Zooming in further than the game's current zoom is will be for picking up small things and doing a detailed search of a small area. And since the paper-doll from the inventory is going to go away it will be a way to better see what's on your character and to grab specific loot off them more easily since you'll be equipping it from and on your character directly. I zoom sometimes all the way in to fight too, and I play on a 46 inch monitor, and my vision is 20:20. In truth if they change how close you can zoom in outside of just inventory open like it is now, I'd need a setting to be able set the max zoom lower otherwise it'll zoom in too far too easily during combat.

Tyon

Hey I noticed there were enemies wearing cuirasses in level 4, thank you for considering my idea, not really sure if they already were planning on making them before, but thanks anyway. Still hoping we get a steel cuirass too some time in the future.

Zooming in further than the game's current zoom is will be for picking up small things and doing a detailed search of a small area. And since the paper-doll from the inventory is going to go away it will be a way to better see what's on your character and to grab specific loot off them more easily since you'll be equipping it from and on your character directly. I zoom sometimes all the way in to fight too, and I play on a 46 inch monitor, and my vision is 20:20. In truth if they change how close you can zoom in outside of just inventory open like it is now, I'd need a setting to be able set the max zoom lower otherwise it'll zoom in too far too easily during combat.
How about an inspect mode for zooming in further? or, perhaps, during combat, it will be set to a normal level for the lowest zoom level.

That must be a really big zoom, otherwise I can easily see problems trying to equip some smaller items.
The zoom level/angle should look like the current character continue screen I believe, which is adequate I believe. I will be glad for the hotkey switch as long as its not an insta swap and I am able to drop my torch. Also opening and exiting the inventory has to be fast enough not to disrupt gameplay since we cant move while its open.

Tony

Insider
That must be a really big zoom, otherwise I can easily see problems trying to equip some smaller items.
It'll zoom in quite a lot but why will there be problems? You don't have to be accurate when equipping items; for example, you can equip a belt by dragging it onto the character's face. To unequip items either drag something else that goes into the same slot (which will replace the current item) or click the item on your character and drag it to the inventory window, similar to how the current system works.

Solinarius

Not being able to strafe while in exploration mode is so annoying. I refuse any justification of it. This game is not Ultima, Nox, or Diablo. Strafing already exists, so why disallow it?

-Tim-

Insider
Not being able to strafe while in exploration mode is so annoying. I refuse any justification of it. This game is not Ultima, Nox, or Diablo. Strafing already exists, so why disallow it?
Not that this is any justification, but I have not had any inclination or practical need to strafe at all in the last 500 hours I've spent exploring. With a little practice, you can easily do without. Perhaps justification can be found in that it would need a change to the WASD-control scheme.

Solinarius

Not that this is any justification, but I have not had any inclination or practical need to strafe at all in the last 500 hours I've spent exploring. With a little practice, you can easily do without. Perhaps justification can be found in that it would need a change to the WASD-control scheme.
Can do without, yes. Do I want to? No. Exploration seems to be crafted for simple mouse-only controls, however, the idea of having to 'keyboard' with my left hand does not bother me. That's what it's for!

-Tim-

Insider
Can do without, yes. Do I want to? No. Exploration seems to be crafted for simple mouse-only controls, however, the idea of having to 'keyboard' with my left hand does not bother me. That's what it's for!
Apparently I'm a minority, but I actually mainly explore/steer using WASD and only use right click for minor adjustments. Feels much more comfortable and I believe it may prevent me from getting RSI.

Solinarius

Apparently I'm a minority, but I actually mainly explore/steer using WASD and only use right click for minor adjustments. Feels much more comfortable and I believe it may prevent me from getting RSI.
Ah. I switch between both, myself (an old habit). In Neverwinter Nights, I use A & D for strafing and Q & E for steering. I put in about a thousand hours between NWN 1 and 2 using those controls, so I guess that's why it annoys me so much.

Bobob

I think something nice to have would be official videos showing the new features after every patch. This game could use some more hyping

Parco

Well, someone from the community could always have done that. creating a showcase video for features every patch can become time consuming and its much faster/easier just adding a list of what stuff thats been added and/or a short text explaining what the features does.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.