Thoughts and Ideas General

Tyon

Superior, exceptional, etc covers the quality of the steel on the helmet, not how it's shaped.

I'm not too sure what kind of helmet that is in the first picture, but I'm sure it's based off something historical. IIRC the cheek guards of that helmet extend a bit farther than the 2nd helmet, so that might be the trade off.

BTW are we ever gonna see sallets? They're one of my all-time favorite helmets and one of the most recognizable helmets.

Gsprfdude

Superior, exceptional, etc covers the quality of the steel on the helmet, not how it's shaped.

I'm not too sure what kind of helmet that is in the first picture, but I'm sure it's based off something historical. IIRC the cheek guards of that helmet extend a bit farther than the 2nd helmet, so that might be the trade off.

BTW are we ever gonna see sallets? They're one of my all-time favorite helmets and one of the most recognizable helmets.
Love me some sallets

I remember sallets from "The Hunchback of Notre Dame" soldiers:
80814dee0a0baa40f06576fb1604763c.jpg d-q-mom-4.png

Gsprfdude

IRL sallets were extremely good helmets. The only thing is that they neccesitated a chest piece with a high collar to cover the neck, since you were basically wearing a wide brimmed bucket.

I think it would be cool if there was a "surrender" option during fight. Sometime you know that you re going to die when your opponent has a dagger and you 're low life...
I know that we can just exit the fight during the duel but it seems quite... not-so-clean-way...
And it feel a bit strange that ALL your opponents will fight until death if it's necessary... (no coward in arena!)

ps: sorry for my english

why not! And it could feed a reputation system. Like nicknames for your characters as "coward" if you refuse to fight durin fray or "butcher" if you kill a lot of oponents, or "ruthless" if you deny mercy...
arrr... so mutch possibilities...

Some kind of final challenge for the new arena (beta).

What about to make a new match that your opponents aren't exactly random, similar to the old arena?

Like a tournament with more than 10 fights to death - without pause, interval or rest - a high entry fee and prize. Something so hard that you won't beat it full geared until v.0.7.0.0. So hard that even me will beg to nerf it.

konggary

Some kind of final challenge for the new arena (beta).

What about to make a new match that your opponents aren't exactly random, similar to the old arena?

Like a tournament with more than 10 fights to death - without pause, interval or rest - a high entry fee and prize. Something so hard that you won't beat it full geared until v.0.7.0.0. So hard that even me will beg to nerf it.
They mentioned
"Reputation and morale system
Customisable "heraldry" on tabards"

Complete speculation, but I would guess that it's not too obscure to assume that the arena-goers will have names and be part of their own organizations, etc. More than likely, you will see some repeat opponents and will get to know them.

Rather than some gamey series of opponents, I would like to see a tourney bracket, the likes of which you would see in real life.

burgzaza

Insider
Gosh yeah, thinking about the potential of the arena and the imagination goes wild ! (Just like with the main game).
Tournaments would be awesome... set up your team, like three melee, one thaumaturge and an archer, on a little map with some spike walls and traps, a pit in the middle, spectators that madly scream when someone dies, laugh when someone falls, boooo/cheers/claps when someone asks for mercy depending on if he fought well...
Maybe some commands to give to allies !
It's all classical stuff from other games when you think about it ( mount and blade, chivalry, baldur's... ), so new mechanics could even be better, but just that with this engine and gameplay... m4xigølry² !
It's a lot of work and the main game is the focus I believe, but the arena could really benefit from it over time.

I would really like to see a kick/break free move.

In Arena AND Dungeon Crawl it often happens that you just hug one another...that the characters have absolutely no way of dealing with that is just weird.

Now if were were able to just hit some button and do a straight kick to the front to seperate one another...with the enemy(maybe not those "zombies"...they aren't exactly smart xD) also being able to use this move...that'd be great.

Of course I wouldn't mind if you were "vulnerable" during the move..so trying to just "Spartaaa" an entire map of enemies down a cliff could potentially be fatal for both sides. Vulnerable as in: You cannot parry during the kick and you are more easily thrown off balance...if you get a sledgehammer to the side while standing on a single leg...that'd of course be devastating.

NachoDawg

I would really like to see a kick/break free move.

In Arena AND Dungeon Crawl it often happens that you just hug one another...that the characters have absolutely no way of dealing with that is just weird.

Now if were were able to just hit some button and do a straight kick to the front to seperate one another...with the enemy(maybe not those "zombies"...they aren't exactly smart xD) also being able to use this move...that'd be great.

Of course I wouldn't mind if you were "vulnerable" during the move..so trying to just "Spartaaa" an entire map of enemies down a cliff could potentially be fatal for both sides. Vulnerable as in: You cannot parry during the kick and you are more easily thrown off balance...if you get a sledgehammer to the side while standing on a single leg...that'd of course be devastating.
yeah a push button would be neat. It could be worked into a shield-bash button, or a running-bash. I agree that it is very much needed

yeah a push button would be neat. It could be worked into a shield-bash button, or a running-bash. I agree that it is very much needed
Actually they already said that there will be a lot of more combat skills - maybe kick, it would be nice. Kick would be nice to hit your target in the ground too.

Some moar stuff:

Arena idea - Gear Prizes:
Add fights for legendary items as reward instead of just cash. An Elimination/Tournament challenge with the winner getting an item of high quality...and on master level challenges possibly even artifacts.

For example on low levels it could be an "Exceptional Leather Vest" or on Master difficulty a unique weapon/armor piece with special looks or even unique properties.

Now here is the twist though...should you not actually win the challenge/tournament...the "champion" NPC will now wear and use this item...and occasionally appear in your matches to make life a living hell for you. This one particular item (should it be an artifact/unique) will also be forever lost to you unless the NPC happens to die a permadeath in one of his/her many tournaments...in which case the item simply returns to the possible reward pool.

Since missions are rotating. If you decide to "skip" on the gear prize mission...an NPC WILL earn this.

Arena idea - Champion Tournament:
This kind of works together with the "Gear Prizes" idea. Have the elimination type match but in a "step up" version.
In regular intervals you will see a Champion Tournament pop up. This one will always offer a special prize instead of just money at the end. Either a powerful artifact or an item of very high quality that was crafted by a master of his craft.
Champion tournaments are different in the sense that you will be fighting named enemies that also grow "with" you.
They will fight across the other modes themselves. Earn prize money...and might even aquire their own legendaries.
Champions will also have more distinct fighting styles. One might prefer using charge type attacks with heavy weaponry and thus always try to get his hands on gear matching this style.
Another might even be a Pugilist at heart with a few tricks up his sleeve.
You just cannot know for sure with Champions.

You might be able to check NPC Champion progress once they made a name for themselves and are notable enough to draw attention to themselves.
You might be able to learn about their winratio, artifacts in their possession...or even notes about their usual fighting styles.

Arena mode - Kill the King:
A mode of 2v2 or 3v3 with 1 person on each team being the King.
Kings are drawn randomly, so you might not be the King yourself.
The teams only know their own King and have to find out which one is the enemy king and beat them before their own king falls in battle.
Figuring this out will come down to watching enemy behaviour or simply trying to beat all of them while protecting your own king.
If you go down during the match while not being the king...the match will continue until a king dies. This means that you can actually win even though you have been beaten.

I feel like the devs got very definitive plans for Dungeonmode...so I'm going to hold back on that since I already voiced most of my wishes and just finish it with those Arena suggestions.

Last edited:

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.