Thoughts and Ideas General

I think there should be a mixed mode arena teir. Like opponents having mixed weapons and armor from all of the ranks. it would be super intresting.

Last edited:

Syllabear3

Guys, i dont really like the grey bar in shields. I am not a shield user, neither i like it (i hate it i could say), but the grey bar is a mistake... there is really no reason to add that grey bar.

And now that we got big ogres and a team to fight them... i would like to have pikes.
Stats would be like:
Impact:*****
Balance:1/2*
Thrust:*****

You can do excellent thrust damage, and other types like sides and overhead would be very slow with stick damage. You can do a mini rush to impale your enemies ;)

Last edited:

Tony

Insider
Guys, i dont really like the grey bar in shields. I am not a shield user, neither i like it (i hate it i could say), but the grey bar is a mistake... there is really no reason to add that grey bar.
Shield stamina was added as a way to balance shields a bit so a shield user can't just turtle indefinitely without any penalty for doing so.

Syllabear3

Shield stamina was added as a way to balance shields a bit so a shield user can't just turtle indefinitely without any penalty for doing so.
I understand, but still a mistake imo. Too much nerf for my taste.

If it gona be like that, you would need to add same feature for weapons. The more grey bar you use, the less you would hit. And that doesnt sound really good...
It could be the same way for blocking with two handed weapon... less effective blocking, leading to attack to bypass it.

Fawz

Insider
I understand, but still a mistake imo. Too much nerf for my taste.

If it gona be like that, you would need to add same feature for weapons. The more grey bar you use, the less you would hit. And that doesnt sound really good...
It could be the same way for blocking with two handed weapon... less effective blocking, leading to attack to bypass it.
With the new Shield skills and Shield item stats it's actually a big buff overall. Shields are much more efficient when combining offence and defence, but now hitting someone who has their shield up is actually a viable strategy and not a waste of time.

Syllabear3

With the new Shield skills and Shield item stats it's actually a big buff overall. Shields are much more efficient when combining offence and defence, but now hitting someone who has their shield up is actually a viable strategy and not a waste of time.
Because hitting with a 1 hand weapon is not a waste of time... totally right. It doesn't worth the exchange of blows.
I am not totally sure of this, but when i blocked with 0 grey bar they did more damage than actually hitting right in the armor.

If before i didn't use shields, now the less, because i see them less worth it. With a sword you allways block, and you do even more damage. There is no logic neither excuse.
Isn't this game supposed to be realistic? You don't get tired to block with a shield, neither you will get hurt because of it.

Anyways, i dont really care since i dont use shield, and ingame shield users will be easier to defeat.

gumshoe

I'd like a way to close all open windows/dialogues at once. I find right-click doesn't work reliably and it can be frustrating trying to quickly close all windows when you get hacked by an enemy just as you are comparing items to those on a body.

Fawz

Insider
I'd like a way to close all open windows/dialogues at once. I find right-click doesn't work reliably and it can be frustrating trying to quickly close all windows when you get hacked by an enemy just as you are comparing items to those on a body.
For now you can just turn on and off combat mode (TAB) and it'll close all UI windows. It's not elegant, but at least it works.

Syllabear3

Using hammer against shields is totally unbalanced. Using hammer is like broken now. Rip maul.

Against shields is really annoying and boring. Bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield,1 hit dead.

And its like made on purpose, all enemies use shield now, lol. Ive been wrong about the update.

Last edited:
Maybe you need to git good. I'm having a blast and I don't use a sheild(duel weild now). In fact it's easier to kill shields now that I can bash em down and get around them. Sounds like you need practice.

Last edited:

gumshoe

s
Using hammer against shields is totally unbalanced. Using hammer is like broken now. Rip maul.

Against shields is really annoying and boring. Bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield, bash shield,1 hit dead.

And its like made on purpose, all enemies use shield now, lol. Ive been wrong about the update.
something something 'definition of insanity'... :D

Syllabear3

Maybe you need to git good. I'm having a blast and I don't use a sheild(duel weild now). In fact it's easier to kill shields now that I can bash em down and get around them. Sounds like you need practice.
Lol, dual is just stick to your oponent while pressing attack button and they will die.

I think you need practice since you dont need to drop them to the floor. Did u get good already? can i see a vid of your gameplay so i can see how gud u are?

Faelivrin

Insider
I keep maulin' shield user's head like there is no tomorrow. Dashing diagonally and hitting them at the end of the swing is the trick. I keep defeating any kind of human enemy fastest with a 2h hammer than with any other kind of weapon.

Syllabear3

I keep maulin' shield user's head like there is no tomorrow. Dashing diagonally and hitting them at the end of the swing is the trick. I keep defeating any kind of human enemy fastest with a 2h hammer than with any other kind of weapon.
Only thing is that if you make it now they block you and you get lethal damage ;D

Same as poles in gral against swords. Its like they dont stand a chance against swords.

Last edited:

bobchaos

I've been around these forums for just a few days and my observation goes as follow: the amount of threads highjacked by Syllabear3 so he can complain about how the game is not exactly how he likes it and how everyone except him is such a noob (and how he's all knowing about matters of RL combat too of course!) seems to be vastly superior to the number of threads actually discussing ideas and feedback. I vote we start him is own sub-forum titled "nay-sayer" :p

I anxiously anticipate having him mute me, the forums will be a better place once he's muted us all and can only communicate with himself :p

Syllabear3

17 messages...

So this happens when you are not agree with something, a random asshole with 1-10 messages jump to bait too. I hope you are at least using an alt account to troll.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.