Thoughts and Ideas General

Peasant135

What about a Skirmish Elimination arena mode? You companions dying near the begining and leaving you to fight a 1v3 could be a nuisance. Maybe make so that anyone who was only knocked out during a previous match will recover for the next one.

Peasant135

I found this interesting suggestion on Steam forums and to prevent it from being lost under a mountain of other comments I'll place it here where it belongs.
hi, Devs,
im really get addict with Exanima, and i comes up with some suggestion about the Arena mode, only if you have some time to read...
to be short, i think the arena's 2 V 2(Double), 3 V beast(the Beast), 3V3 should have some other NPCs(that are not your crew member) to party with you.

In this way, you can group with other NPCs and take down the challenge, then they will share your reward for return.
why? because there's a lot of risk in such kind of fight like 3V3 or the beast, and train a hired crew man is really hard, cost a lot of time and money, but get killed so easily in the beast/Double/3V3 fight.
Sauce: https://steamcommunity.com/app/362490/discussions/0/492379159717217907/?ctp=13#c135507855755121781

I think it is brilliant: insted of hiring NPCs to fight for you(for whatever reason they are doing it, because its not like the 1 copper they are getting every battle is worth risking their lives for) this is way closer to what, I feel, would happen IRL.

MrApophos

Night-Fight. Arena in near total darkness, little to no ambient lighting - force you to choose torch and weapon, torch and sheild, or no torch and luck.

MrApophos

Also, I think it would be hilarious and fun to have an arena mode where both fighters are on pedastals, which allow for very little movement, placed close enough to be within striking distance of one another. If anybody remembers 'Gladiators' TV show, you will know what I mean. Kill/knockout/forced off the pedastal = win.
(Forced off the pedastal should not kill character, unless fall damage is significant enough coupled with damage taken during fight?)

Peasant135

Night-Fight. Arena in near total darkness, little to no ambient lighting - force you to choose torch and weapon, torch and sheild, or no torch and luck.
Easy: I need no torch because my opponent will certianly bring one. :p But I still think its a bad idea because as of now AI sees perfectly in the dark, so if he has a chance to bring no torch then you are as good as dead unless you're using hax to see in the dark. No skill here, pure luck.

Also, I think it would be hilarious and fun to have an arena mode where both fighters are on pedastals, which allow for very little movement, placed close enough to be within striking distance of one another. If anybody remembers 'Gladiators' TV show, you will know what I mean. Kill/knockout/forced off the pedastal = win.
(Forced off the pedastal should not kill character, unless fall damage is significant enough coupled with damage taken during fight?)
I'm afraid that in situation like this, 1h/shield > everything else. And if both fighters would bring shields the match would be extremely long and boring. But I feel there is some merit to this idea. Maybe rather than rising the players there should be pits and columns on the battlefield restricting the maneuvering space?

Also, you should merge those two comments. It can be forgiven posting several comments a week apart but not less than a day.

MrApophos

AI will be changed in time, so I've heard, to reflect light levels and awareness.

As for 1h/shield, I'm not disagreeing with you, but I feel there's merit in: I can regularly knock shield users over with a thrust from a maul, 2h axe, sometimes even with a 1h weapon.

Pits/obstacles was another consideration, like having chains strung across the arena floor to present trip-hazards, and other devices of a similar kind.

I don't "forum" much, I do not know how to merge. Thanks for your feedback though!

Wicarus

Pavises?

I also had an idea for a "leap" function that would make your character throw themself forward in the pointed direction. Could be used as a desperate attempt to dodge a projectile or an attack by a large beast.

I think it would be nice to see the character's secondary loadout on their person when possible. Such as a sheathed sword or a shield on their back.

Maybe make it so the player can choose how high or low to aim their weapon? Such as to strike an opponent with a small shield in their leg. I know you can already do this somewhat by using your character's movement to influence attack directions, but still. I figured a good way to do it could be by mousewheeling while holding shift?

Just some thoughts.

Pc Genie

I have a few ideas:

How about more light in the game? Even if just in the arena, it seems like you are fighting very often in the dark against opponents who inevitably can all magically see in the dark (because AI).

Beyond that, how about graded 'challenger' mode where your rank in comparison to the opponent's determines the prize? Imagine master vs inept barely earns tuppence for winning, whereas inept vs master promises several pounds as the ultimate treasure!

Weapon quality. Remember the two meat cleavers? One's rusty and rough, the other shiny and sharp. Now imagine a few versions for each weapon, but properly so within the same rank, not to be confused with the rusty sword at novice vs the adept swords. You could have 'exceptional' weapons which obviously cost a lot more than standard variants and offer better stats, which don't have to be extreme.

MY BIGGEST AND SIMPLEST WISH, arena opponents using varying quality equipment just like you do. Fight against someone who could only afford an old worn gambeson, or perhaps battle against a knight wearing exceptional plate, you can end up with all sorts of varieties. Clearly it can be homogenous throughout the opponent (like low quality everything, standard everything or good everything), because I notice they already do that with colours.

Kaladin

I've always wanted dismemberments for this game. It's very unsatisfying to get really terrible blows on AI heads or limbs, only to have them look like you're hitting a brick wall that bleeds. Allow us to behead and cut off limbs with sufficiently powerful blows! And allow us to in some cases even continue fighting after losing a limb!

Kasper

I've always wanted dismemberments for this game. It's very unsatisfying to get really terrible blows on AI heads or limbs, only to have them look like you're hitting a brick wall that bleeds. Allow us to behead and cut off limbs with sufficiently powerful blows! And allow us to in some cases even continue fighting after losing a limb!
That would be great and I believe Madoc stated some time ago that they do want to implement dismembering. Although that's not a priority right now.

Peasant135

How about pugilism brawls/fray matches in arena mode? I would absolutely love an opportunity to get a bit more coin from pugilist matches and also the sheer chaos of having a brawl in the tavern arena.

DO EEEETT!!!

That would be great and I believe Madoc stated some time ago that they do want to implement dismembering. Although that's not a priority right now.
Although its gonna be a virtually insta-kill, so no "merely a flesh wound" nonsense like some other video games.

Kaladin

Depending on the situation (and the personality), you can keep on fighting for a short while after losing a limb, though in most cases the shock alone would probably cause you to faint or die.

Snoopbear

How about more light in the game? Even if just in the arena, it seems like you are fighting very often in the dark against opponents who inevitably can all magically see in the dark (because AI).
A lantern would be fucking sweet! Like if you could wear it in your belt and would dangle around, maybe break if hit.

Kaladin

Add in a feature where during a normal fight, there's a 0,05% chance than a hunting ogre crashes in through one of the dark side walls and proceeds to attempt to kill and eat everyone. Preferably with some nice horror-ish action music.

Syllabear3

Add in a feature where during a normal fight, there's a 0,05% chance than a hunting ogre crashes in through one of the dark side walls and proceeds to attempt to kill and eat everyone. Preferably with some nice horror-ish action music.
Sad trolling.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.