Thoughts and Ideas General

Espadon

It's no secret that most of the time in anticipation of a new update, we are in the arena. And the old regimes are already slightly bored. Therefore, before you release the update and again leave us for an indefinite period, could you leave us a good toy, for which we could have a good time? For example, to add a new mode, where the player will fight at once against 2, 3, or even 5 opponents? It will be a completely new experience! This will allow us to practice fighting skills against several opponents. And it would be nice to create another challenge for this regime. To be able to entertain, in a plate armor cutting a crowd of vagrants, and strain, trying to fight off a simple metal scrap from a group of experts. (only, dammit, there must be a tick that forbids them to take shields! I can not imagine what will happen when five shield-bearers come at once to me! In order not to violate the atmosphere of the game, we can say that this is a special rule of the battle that "the victim "has the right to establish) Well, and you can make it possible to fight on the other side, with their mercenaries against a strong rival. Ha, like "Beast" only with a person. Only the gap between the levels should be very large and the "victim" should have very good equipment, otherwise it is not interesting. Alone, you can easily kill the master in full armor with iron scrap, and together with the group this will be execution. I admit that it is not so easy to do this as I imagine, it may be necessary to refine the artificial intelligence. But this is just a suggestion, you can do this and sometime later, in a separate small update. Sorry for my English.

Syllabear3

It's no secret that most of the time in anticipation of a new update, we are in the arena. And the old regimes are already slightly bored. Therefore, before you release the update and again leave us for an indefinite period, could you leave us a good toy, for which we could have a good time? For example, to add a new mode, where the player will fight at once against 2, 3, or even 5 opponents? It will be a completely new experience! This will allow us to practice fighting skills against several opponents. And it would be nice to create another challenge for this regime. To be able to entertain, in a plate armor cutting a crowd of vagrants, and strain, trying to fight off a simple metal scrap from a group of experts. (only, dammit, there must be a tick that forbids them to take shields! I can not imagine what will happen when five shield-bearers come at once to me! In order not to violate the atmosphere of the game, we can say that this is a special rule of the battle that "the victim "has the right to establish) Well, and you can make it possible to fight on the other side, with their mercenaries against a strong rival. Ha, like "Beast" only with a person. Only the gap between the levels should be very large and the "victim" should have very good equipment, otherwise it is not interesting. Alone, you can easily kill the master in full armor with iron scrap, and together with the group this will be execution. I admit that it is not so easy to do this as I imagine, it may be necessary to refine the artificial intelligence. But this is just a suggestion, you can do this and sometime later, in a separate small update. Sorry for my English.
http://www.baremettle.com/forums/index.php?threads/procedurally-generated-practice-mode-matches.6363/

But they wont add such thing. Or playing like an ogre.
Something silly to have fun.

Trekcicity

Insider
Hi BM!

Haven't played the story mode since it ended in the big metal doors and I gotta say I'm loving all the updates, changes and additions! I honestly had given up on this title a while ago but the progress I see is incredible. The arena mode is a great bit of fun.

I come here with only one suggestion... You *REALLY* need to update the landing page of this website. Last post from 2015? Come on... I think it's high-time for a 'preview' video of the Examina story so far. Would definitely garner some attention!

Hi. I'm new and green, and this game just cost me a couple of exams in college, it'll probably cost me a bit more...

Anyway, I've just posted on "Can the physics engine of exanima be applied to other games?" thread(sorry about the necro :)), and I was wondering what would happen if Bare Mettle and THQ Nordic cooperated to remake the Titan Quest with all it's unique mechanics like bleeding, burning, vitality damage, stun, sleep, and overall great itemization and skill system into a physically realistic and incredibly immersive and diverse masterpiece which would probably entertain many generations of ARPGamers to come? If that ever happens, I'll personally enter every PoE, D3, WoW and Marvel UA forum and server to advertise it!
Just an idea... and a dream.

teje1997

Hi. I'm new and green, and this game just cost me a couple of exams in college, it'll probably cost me a bit more...

Anyway, I've just posted on "Can the physics engine of exanima be applied to other games?" thread(sorry about the necro :)), and I was wondering what would happen if Bare Mettle and THQ Nordic cooperated to remake the Titan Quest with all it's unique mechanics like bleeding, burning, vitality damage, stun, sleep, and overall great itemization and skill system into a physically realistic and incredibly immersive and diverse masterpiece which would probably entertain many generations of ARPGamers to come? If that ever happens, I'll personally enter every PoE, D3, WoW and Marvel UA forum and server to advertise it!
Just an idea... and a dream.
Well, I think that it will be more or less the objective of Sui Generis, won't it?

Syllabear3

Im pretty sure people who wants to play exanima or sui generis won't play titan quest and the other way around either.
I played 10' of it and i left to never touch or think about it ever again.

What is really suspicious is that he barely post and when he does, its about the same theme.
Really suspicious, almost like a shill bot.

it will be more or less the objective of Sui Generis, won't it?
That is true, but at this rate I'm fearing that it won't achieve it's goal in time or it'll be ripped off by EA or Blizzard and the like, and ruined, like they ruined everything else... it needs manpower/money, and the best way of obtaining those might be remaking and rebalancing some amazing old games as it requires much less creative work(which is the really hard part of every game to do right, IMO), which is what I think THQ Nordic is up to as they have bought rights to many oldtimer gems like Gothic, Harbinger, Desperados...
Or, in the words of Pablo Picasso:"Good artists copy. Great artists steal.".

@Syllabear3

I don't think 10' is adequate time to judge any game, not even tetris clones. I've been playing TQ and it's mods for 7 years and still having fun and finding new things/builds, especially now with the rebalancing and new content.

Suspicion is good, necessary even, as it is the only way to expose lies or untruth and find or come closer to the Truth, but only when paired with scrutiny. If you would have scrutinized me with suspicion of being a shill because of me barely posting, you might have noticed my join date, which was yesterday, so I apologize for not writing more often because I had to sleep as it seems our time zones differ greatly. :)

Last edited:

Roryn

Insider
That is true, but at this rate I'm fearing that it won't achieve it's goal in time or it'll be ripped off by EA or Blizzard and the like, and ruined, like they ruined everything else... it needs manpower/money, and the best way of obtaining those might be remaking and rebalancing some amazing old games as it requires much less creative work(which is the really hard part of every game to do right, IMO), which is what I think THQ Nordic is up to as they have bought rights to many oldtimer gems like Gothic, Harbinger, Desperados...
Or, in the words of Pablo Picasso:"Good artists copy. Great artists steal.".

@Syllabear3

I don't think 10' is adequate time to judge any game, not even tetris clones. I've been playing TQ and it's mods for 7 years and still having fun and finding new things/builds, especially now with the rebalancing and new content.

Suspicion is good, necessary even, as it is the only way to expose lies or untruth and find or come closer to the Truth, but only when paired with scrutiny. If you would have scrutinized me with suspicion of being a shill because of me barely posting, you might have noticed my join date, which was yesterday, so I apologize for not writing more often because I had to sleep as it seems our time zones differ greatly. :)
Welcome to the forums. The good news is that you've already had your tiff with Sylla. It happens at least once to everyone haha.

Syllabear3

Even less than 10'... thats all you need to say if a game is good or not.
I am sorry you got stuck with that single game for so long, even Sacred/ Sacred Underworld had its charming, and it was the most simple rpg i had the honour to play (i still have it and i still need to up the only viable char to 200).

It doesn't mean that because you liked it so much you need an adaptation for your game that no one cares of.
Immersion and effect status are being done as we seen playing the game. Just give extra ideas from tq.
--

Most important things about a rpg is its replayability and its builds/customization. Thats why i made emphasis in procedurally generated enviroments and items, or giving your "hero" unique traits so you feel like playing a completly new game or rediscovering it.
Without them it would like a Pillars of Eternity, even when great great, its one time play and thats my only critic.

Team with x, hah.
"If that ever happens, I'll personally enter every PoE, D3, WoW and Marvel UA forum and server to advertise it!" HAH please stop. You really like to make yourself look like a shillbot, don't you?
It's not only making yourself look like that, those players don't care about good games, or either way they would not be playing those games you named and you would be wasting your time as a spam-bot from baremettle.

Last edited:
Thats why i made emphasis in procedurally generated enviroments and items, or giving your "hero" unique traits so you feel like playing a completly new game or rediscovering it.
Without them it would like a Pillars of Eternity, even when great great, its one time play and thats my only critic.
Nicely written!
I would like to see Exanima / Sui Generis to take an approach to dungeons like the original Diablo (1996). With the unknown feeling every time you start a new game with a new character.
The excitement to click on a Bookshelf expecting an unknown magic tome or scroll! Even with several gameplays you couldn't find all the tomes.

Also as Syllabear3 mentioned, to promote unique traits or modifications.
I would suggest like the Legendary powers in Diablo 3, making a unique experience modifying how a skill works.
(i.e. Traumaturgy powers of raising skeletons could be modified to rise zombies instead with Poison damage. or be able to create clones after the teleport spell)

Syllabear3

Nicely written!
I would like to see Exanima / Sui Generis to take an approach to dungeons like the original Diablo (1996). With the unknown feeling every time you start a new game with a new character.
The excitement to click on a Bookshelf expecting an unknown magic tome or scroll! Even with several gameplays you couldn't find all the tomes.

Also as Syllabear3 mentioned, to promote unique traits or modifications.
I would suggest like the Legendary powers in Diablo 3, making a unique experience modifying how a skill works.
(i.e. Traumaturgy powers of raising skeletons could be modified to rise zombies instead with Poison damage. or be able to create clones after the teleport spell)
Thats the fun part, not knowing what awaits you. What surprises are out there. What unique items you can get. How special you can feel by owning them or beating a strange monster.
But over doing it would end like Skyrim and dragons... first time is WOOOW, and then is just "omg just let me play the game already".

Balance in all things.

teje1997

For that i think that you should loose your armor everytime, like starting the exanima dungeon, it's always hard to begin fighting as you can die, but there is a moment that you know the entire map so it feels like skyrim. Anyways it would be hard to remember every dungeon in sui generis if it is as big as they say it will be the massive open world it will have.

(sorry for my english)

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.