Time on the next update

Jackm108

So I picked up this game today after watching Skall's video on it, loving it so far but I noticed something off putting, that being heavy delays on content patches. On the Steam forums Baremettle said the update 5.4/6.0 should be out 2 weeks from the 25th, that was almost two weeks ago. Are there any reasons for these massive delays? Will the patch be out in a few days or should we expect more weeks until the update? Only asking cause I've seen games die out due to devs taking too long to put content out and getting the game out of early access.

*EDIT* And as a side note, what actual content is coming in the next patch? I've not been able to find the list yet

NachoDawg

There's no list, they are quite secret about it. I know there's new enemies in the arena, new gear things. Gears will now come in 10 different tiers I think. I whatched a developer live stream for just a second and I noticed magic.

anyway, the last update (the one we play now) came out on a sunday night, so I'm just crossing my fingers for that :p

So I picked up this game today after watching Skall's video on it, loving it so far but I noticed something off putting, that being heavy delays on content patches. On the Steam forums Baremettle said the update 5.4/6.0 should be out 2 weeks from the 25th, that was almost two weeks ago. Are there any reasons for these massive delays? Will the patch be out in a few days or should we expect more weeks until the update? Only asking cause I've seen games die out due to devs taking too long to put content out and getting the game out of early access.

*EDIT* And as a side note, what actual content is coming in the next patch? I've not been able to find the list yet
Game development is very non-deterministic. I assure you that the devs are working hard to get the patch released. If it's not released, it's probably not ready yet. It's difficult to foresee development hurdles before you actually encounter them.

Another angle would be that the one making the planning was a little optimistic and didn't leave much breathing room.

Either way the patch will be here and you shouldn't worry too much about the game dying out. The devs have been releasing stuff consistently.

Madoc

Project Lead
The update will come when it's ready and we're always working as hard as we possibly can. People ask us "when" so we pretty much say the first thing that pops into our head. It's near impossible to quantify how long something will take, especially if you care about whether it's any good. You never know if it's good or what issues you'll encounter until you actually do it, not unless it's just more of the same. Much of what we do is quite new and experimental.

The game has only been in Early Access for a few months and will only be there for a few more. We're making big progress on all fronts and the more we get done the quicker it goes. Us abandoning this game is about the least likely thing to happen in the whole universe.

Jackm108

Okay so I've done a bit more reading on the development process of this game, I didn't realize how much effort your programmer put in to make the engine the game runs off, the fact that he did the code for this game on his own totally justifies the slow addition of content in the first few years, and any delays on future patches are much easier to understand now I know how small the dev team really is

Jackm108

The update will come when it's ready and we're always working as hard as we possibly can. People ask us "when" so we pretty much say the first thing that pops into our head. It's near impossible to quantify how long something will take, especially if you care about whether it's any good. You never know if it's good or what issues you'll encounter until you actually do it, not unless it's just more of the same. Much of what we do is quite new and experimental.

The game has only been in Early Access for a few months and will only be there for a few more. We're making big progress on all fronts and the more we get done the quicker it goes. Us abandoning this game is about the least likely thing to happen in the whole universe.
Only a few more months of early access? So I'm guessing the patches should be coming quickly or containing lots of content? I'm really looking forward to spears and magic, I hope they make it into the game by December.

Madoc

Project Lead
Yeah, we hit a bit of a bump with the content because we decided to revamp a lot of it, especially the part immediately after the portal, but we've got almost everything for the rest of the game ready now. Most features are pretty quick to add, right now we're still adding some important systems to the game but they're getting fewer and smaller by the day.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.