Weapon's "weight" stat.

Peasant135

Fine. If the Madoc himself confirms that I was wrong then there is nothing more to do here. I just wish the developers would change the item stats UI to either all sliders or all dots to avoid confusion for the new players. God knows this game is already hard without this sh*t getting in the way.

Peasant135

Yes, you're right. I'm gonna re-post a quote from the developers that I've already posted here: http://www.baremettle.com/forums/index.php?threads/grand-list-of-dev-quotes-on-features.195/page-5
...On the topic of physics in general, point of impact, mass distribution etc we have put quite some care into this and it should show. Which part of the weapon you hit with and how is very important, it affects the results of weapon collisions in various ways....
...Slash damage is already different from other damage types in that it can in fact cut as well as chop, but we're also adding a specific draw cut mechanic which allows you to pull the weapon across the opponent's body as you strike by pressing a key. A similar mechanic will be used to allow hooking with polearms....
...You've probably noticed all weapons have a Balance stat. One of the things this stat does is affect the speed of transitions between parries and attacks etc. The mechanics are currently incomplete though as we're introducing the skill system. The Balance stat also affects the accelleration curve of weapons....

Peasant135

I found some additional info about the game's physics:

..Weapons in particular are tricky because their shape and size alone have a huge impact on gameplay and character animations. Just the distribution of the mass of a weapon (this is accurate and based on the 3D mesh and can also be tweaked) can completely change how a character effectively wields it. We need to use the weapon's inherent physical qualities and allow them to interact with character skills and physique realistically, we also need to provide the player with an intuitive yet accurate overview of a weapon's qualities. We think the fact that every weapon feels and plays differently is great. We're thrilled with what we've come up with and you'll be able to see all this in game.
Source: http://www.baremettle.com/forums/index.php?threads/stats-and-combat-ai.1031/

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.