What the heck Aint I seeing

Murf

In explore mode, yellow cursor) (tab toggles between explore and combat), get near door and click/hold then drag or push to open, if you cannot interact(might not be close enough) the cursor will turn into an X.

Also, Settings>Control Tab has a great quickstart guide

Elaxter

Insider
Yeah. Stick with it and it pays off. Don't let yourself get too attached to your character. Death is common for newer players.

Natharias

Yeah, I'd suggest doing what I did:

1. Play in the starting room to get a handle for the controls, both in combat and peace modes (what I call them).

2. Conquer the Novice arena.

3. Once you can get through Novice without much difficulty, conquer Expert arena.

4. Attempt a naked run. No gear aside from weapons. Conquer both arenas this way.

5. You're now set up and capable of beating the campaign without taking any damage. So far I've managed to kill all enemies (about 11 so far) without taking any damage.

nrage

Supporter
Starting room, cant exit, do not see any useable items lying about.
What am I missing?
LOL, I spent at least 10 minutes in that room before I figured it out :p I read the scroll and assumed the door was locked and I need to find a way out (behind boxes etc).

Yeah, I'd suggest doing what I did:

1. Play in the starting room to get a handle for the controls, both in combat and peace modes (what I call them).

2. Conquer the Novice arena.
I am still having trouble with this (4-5 hours in). I get further with two-handed sword than anything else, I think it's the reach advantage.

Do you have any tips? Like for example, how you approach each enemy, what tactics you use, what you've noticed about them etc. What would be ideal is a video of it, with key moments paused, annotated, etc.

My current tactic is to step back to maintain a safe range then lunge and swing. I would really rather something a bit more consistent, however.

Natharias

LOL, I spent at least 10 minutes in that room before I figured it out :p I read the scroll and assumed the door was locked and I need to find a way out (behind boxes etc).

I am still having trouble with this (4-5 hours in). I get further with two-handed sword than anything else, I think it's the reach advantage.

Do you have any tips? Like for example, how you approach each enemy, what tactics you use, what you've noticed about them etc. What would be ideal is a video of it, with key moments paused, annotated, etc.

My current tactic is to step back to maintain a safe range then lunge and swing. I would really rather something a bit more consistent, however.
Yeah, I was told the 2h sword is the best "noob" weapon, and overall it is the best weapon. So far, it's the only one I can clear both arenas without using armor and without taking damage.

I follow the same rules I came up with for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (1):

1. Deny enemy information about me. This translates to "deny the enemy hits on you". Defend before you attack.

2. Obtain info about your enemy. This translates to "get hits on your enemy, any hit". Work on hitting your enemy first. Once you can hit them, try going for the better or harder hits. It doesn't matter how hard you can hit if you don't hit.

3. Keep a rhythm. Don't get too offensive or too defensive. Once you get a hit in, fall back and collect yourself. Once you have another opening, go in for the next hit.

Following this, you can block an enemy-which puts them off guard-and then counterattack. For a 2h weapon, let an enemy swing at you and step forward, and you step back and swing, then crouch, and your weapon will likely hit their feet. Be careful though, crouching too soon or swinging at the wrong time can cause your weapon to hit and catch on the ground (leaves you vulnerable) or open as you recover from an early swing.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.