What's going on?

MikeHBS

It's been a lot of time since the last update and I couldn't find any info on the forums, is the game dead already? If it is, I'll never buy anything early access again, it's like the third early access game I buy and is abandoned. I really like supporting but, seeing as everything goes down, I see no point in helping.

Tony

Insider
Nope, the game isn't dead. The devs have decided to release larger patches instead of constant small ones. This game is the developers' passion and something they've wanted to create for the past 20 years so it won't simply be abandoned; they've already spent over three years working on it.

Please refer to this post if you'd like more details from the project lead, Madoc:

http://www.baremettle.com/forums/index.php?threads/whats-next.2352/#post-31241

El Maco

Insider
They are currently working on the skill system update. According to Madoc (he was on Twitch yesterday) there will be further combat/animation improvements included in the next patch as well. The additional content is being prepared in parallel but I understood that it won't make it to the next release. No ETA for the next release as far as I know, but its perfectly ok of course. Bare Mettle is a small team with uncompromising attitude, they will release it when its ready.

NachoDawg

They are currently working on the skill system update. According to Madoc (he was on Twitch yesterday) there will be further combat/animation improvements included in the next patch as well. The additional content is being prepared in parallel but I understood that it won't make it to the next release. No ETA for the next release as far as I know, but its perfectly ok of course. Bare Mettle is a small team with uncompromising attitude, they will release it when its ready.
Does "additional content" mean everything but the combat/animation improvements?

what other thing than combat/animation improvements could we realistically expect to see next patch?

El Maco

Insider
Does "additional content" mean everything but the combat/animation improvements?
By "additional content" I mean the new (post-portal) dungeon environments. I think he mentioned that there will be small changes to the existing dungeons but don't quote me on that. The next patch will indeed introduce the new skill system, at least that's how I understood it.

By "additional content" I mean the new (post-portal) dungeon environments. I think he mentioned that there will be small changes to the existing dungeons but don't quote me on that. The next patch will indeed introduce the new skill system, at least that's how I understood it.
There was me worrying you might have meant the skill system there :).

Vold

Insider
Awww I wasn't following him on Twitch (only beam); I missed that broadcast. Anyways, thanks for the information, from the sounds of it, looks like there will be an update soon(tm).

El Maco

Insider
He was just in the chat when someone else played Exanima, not streaming himself unfortunately. I'm still waiting/hoping for the Ultimate Twitch Dev Stream, I missed the one(s?) he did on Beam. :(

Last edited:

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.