What's Next?

I, too, can't wait! Sounds incredibly awesome! I especially love the procedurally generated NPC part and buy able equipment!

Wow, it sounds like the updated arena will be a pretty good game on its own! Looking forward to managing my band of merciless killers!

Also, great dev update! Exactly the kind of thing every Early Access game should do IMO!

konggary

This has me very interested, is it going to be something like rusted and non-rusted versions of each weapon?

Sharp vs dull, lightweight vs heavy, etc.
Maybe even akin to the unique weapon creation they previewed in Bannerlord.

EDIT: Source

Last edited:

Frushtuck

Very appetizing overview, let's fall deeper in the arena.
One thought tough, about unconsciousness, how long could it realistically last? And so the AI would knock you down and perhaps choose to walk away? Or have a hard time finishing you...

NachoDawg

We will combine different compatible pieces of weapons (e.g. hafts, handles, pommels, heads, blades...) to generate different shapes, also modify their proportions somewhat and use a procedural material system.
That seems like a great way for players to find "their favorite" sword, and that's the kind of attachment I want to my gear

konggary

We will combine different compatible pieces of weapons (e.g. hafts, handles, pommels, heads, blades...) to generate different shapes, also modify their proportions somewhat and use a procedural material system.

It appears that I guessed it right on

I might have missed something in this thread or another, but what will the paperdoll system for equipment be replaced with? It is one of the many features I enjoy in the game, but then again you've managed to make a very cool game thus far so I am certain that you'll be able to replace it with something which doesn't suck.

Thanks for the last update by the way, I've been having a lot of fun with it.

Tony

Insider
I might have missed something in this thread or another, but what will the paperdoll system for equipment be replaced with? It is one of the many features I enjoy in the game, but then again you've managed to make a very cool game thus far so I am certain that you'll be able to replace it with something which doesn't suck.

Thanks for the last update by the way, I've been having a lot of fun with it.
It'll zoom in on your actual character and you'll drag and drop items directly onto your character to equip them. You'll still have a small window that represents your inventory space for items you're carrying (similar to how it currently is minus the paperdoll above it).

Ah, I worried that we'd lose the fact that we have layer upon layer of armour, but this feature will remain, yes? Well, this pleases me. Thanks for the quick answer.

As silly it might sound the idea of having a customisable heraldry seems like the most exciting bit here. They will see me kill, and all the honour and the glory will befall me, and it shall be good. I will believe it shall do wonders for my immersion.

Tyon

Oh that's very nice to hear! Not only will it create much more variety, but you guys will have to work less. I'll be playing lots of the dungeon whenever that's implemented to see what kinds of weird ass weapons I'm gonna find.

Greenbrog

Insider
Oh that's very nice to hear! Not only will it create much more variety, but you guys will have to work less. I'll be playing lots of the dungeon whenever that's implemented to see what kinds of weird ass weapons I'm gonna find.
Weapons will still make sense.
Example: there may be 4 short sword handles, and 5 different types of blades (both including quality and just art work differences) and you can find a short sword with any combination of these appropriate handles and blades.

What you won't find is a short sword on the end of a 2h-AXE.

Dorag

The procedurally generated weapons, after explained by Madoc just sound incredible! and yes as the guy said above me! just like in Bannerlord!!!!

THERE IS SO MUCH HYPE IN ME I CAN'T CONTAIN IT.

I can't wait for that feeling when you open up the shop menu and just look at all these items, items with a purpose to them that actually protect parts of your body and have set priorities which are almost identical to the realistic world, all the selection.. It will make me go insane, I must buy every weapon!

Thank you for the transparency, I'm very pleased with it, I also did not expect the update to come so soon, I was expecting the next update around January, which is to your favor since you are very quick and hard working, as always.
Truly a wonderful job, masterpiece, thank you all so much.

I'm curious as to what will happen when the 'main character' dies in the arena. Will we be required to appoint a new 'manager', or will the whole enterprise collapse?
Good question, I too want to know the answer (But the ETA says It's coming really soon anyways :D)
  • Hire NPCs to participate in matches with you or for you
I guess if all goes wrong you can just send your minions out to battle it out for you eh? :D I think Madoc and the team would let you control either one of the NPCs, or sit back in the audience and watch (Ouugh that alone just made me nerdgasm)

• Recruit additional player characters to play
Or it might just be that you can hire unplayables and playable characters (Which sounds super amazing)

Also the knocked unconscious thing that'll come in some update after this one is great, it feels real bad to die after being mauled to death by a zombie with a candle holder xP

Last edited:

Tyon

Weapons will still make sense.
Example: there may be 4 short sword handles, and 5 different types of blades (both including quality and just art work differences) and you can find a short sword with any combination of these appropriate handles and blades.

What you won't find is a short sword on the end of a 2h-AXE.
That's actually a good thing, Exanima shouldn't have over the top weapons like other RPGs.

I personally hope we will be able to find non-rusty versions of every weapon, especially the short sword.

Another thing I'm wondering about is the unconsciousness system. Will our entire health bar have to be red in order to completely die?

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.