Your Favorite RPG(s)?

Huatim

Insider
Planescape, gothic 1 & 2, vampire bloodilines, fallout 1 & 2 & vegas, baldur's gate, morrowind, diablo 1 & 2, KOTOR, NWN1-2, eve online, mount and blade too i have not tried witchers yet.

i don't think dishonored is a rpg, i am playing it now

I've given it a LOT of thought...

Divine Divinity is probably my favourite. Honourable mentions; Witcher 1, Dragon Age 1, Final Fantasy 9, NeverWinternights 2...I'm probably forgetting a few though.
Oh hell another Divine Divinity fan. *Brofist.*

Probably Mount and Blade Warband, or Dragon Age 1.

Omegoa

When I was younger (a lot younger . . .), I really got into RuneScape, so for all its flaws, it will always hold a special place in my heart. More recently, though, I'd have to list my top three favorite RPGs as being Morrowind, The Witcher 2, and Diablo II.

Morul

Insider
I'll just premptively toss in Dark Souls 2 (which was just announced) as my favorite RPG. Dark Souls was already at the top.

Zodeak

Insider
I'm glad to see Divine Divinity isn't left out! 'Tis a great game.

My personal favorites are Baldur's Gate 2 and 1. Fallout (1,2,3 and New Vegas) the Witcher 2 and the Knights of the Old Republic games. Dark Souls and Demon's Souls go without saying also.

NoSoAna

Insider
Fallout 1+2, Morrowind

somehow I had this year more fun with a Morrowind replay than with Skyrim, and with a fallout 2 rerun than with new Vegas (putting away the weapon is such a hassle with new vegas. That is how you know it is a shooter - where it is normal to go into a store pointing a gun at the shopkeeper - and no longer a RPG)

BigT2themax

Insider
I barely ever finish RPGs, I run out of steam after a while. I still adore them, though.

I love me some dark souls (and demon's souls), as well as diablo 1, 2, and torchlight (games like that).

There's a few slightly less well known games I like, as well. Anyone know of Nethack? I love games like that, great exploration. I also had some RPG on the PS2, but I can't remember what it was called. Something about a mercenary with a talking bird and some priestess with a dark alter-ego and they end up fighting the individual parts of some ancient evil god. I also like white knight chronicles I and II, those are pretty good ones.

Final Fantasy IX and XII are my favorite of the series. XIII and IV would be next along, I suppose.

Pretty much most RPGs with good real-time battle systems, really. Anyone remember Kingdom Hearts? I'm still waiting for Kingdom Hearts 3...

Wait... aww, now I'm sad. :(

cosmo bozo

Insider
fallout series..especially 1 and 2
jagged alliance 2... kind of an RPG/turn based squad strategy hybrid..
elder scrolls, though they are turning less RPG and more dumbed down open world action game these days but I still enjoy them
Baldurs gate 1 and 2
arcanum was great but the combat was awful

I really liked the witcher 1 & 2, also Mass Effect comes to mind. I also had a ton of fun with Jade Empire: Special Edition I remember really liking the combat there (though pretty simple it is rather satisfying). Also The Bard's tale is pretty funny.

CrazySwayze

Supporter
i wonder no one here mentioned "Temple of elemental evil" .. its a great rpg game too and of course "Silver" with that pretty cool combat system. Most of the good RPGs are mentioned here anyways ..

Edit: Evil Islands - Curse of the Lost Soul was pretty cool too !

nox

Insider
i wonder no one here mentioned "Temple of elemental evil" .. its a great rpg game too and of course "Silver" with that pretty cool combat system. Most of the good RPGs are mentioned here anyways ..
Silver was the first game I bought with my own money when I was little, after playing the demo a hundred times. It is one of my all time favorite games. Replayed it a few years ago, and it wasn't as hard as I remembered it from being a kid. Still very fun though :). Great combat system!

Komuflage

Insider
Demon's Souls
Baldur's Gate Dark alliance 1/2
Fallout
Baldur's Gate 2
Sacred
Tes IV Oblivion.
Path of Exile

^ Awesomeness.

Cooper Holt

Insider
TES: Oblivion
TES: Skyrim
Fallout 3
Fallout: New Vegas
DayZ
Minecraft (It's mostly just a sandbox, but it should count)
Don't Starve
/\
Super awesome. :D

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.