Recent content by Knave

1. Knave

Exanima 0.6.4.3

What can I say? It's perfect. It's also very fast. It feels like we went from dark souls speeds to fencing mode. Which is awesome. You're doing a great job with this game. Keep it up!
  2. Knave

Diary of a dead man and Signs.

Jokes aside, that would STILL be surprisingly realistic. Behold: http://www.pompeiana.org/Resources/Ancient/Graffiti%20from%20Pompeii.htm Some of the jewels in there are: "II.7 (gladiator barracks); 8767: Floronius, privileged soldier of the 7th legion, was here. The women did not know of his...
  3. Knave

Barbarian mode?

As a fan of Korgoth of Barbaria I made a little-to-no-armor run. Up until the portal it was fairly easy, as the enemies were not much of a challenge. Once you get to the armored skeletons and the hugmaster, though it gets INCREDIBLY hard. I found myself playing as if it was a 1hp run. Doable but...
  4. Knave

Im super stuck, literally...

All I can advice is keep floundering like a fish until something works. I was fighting two opponents when suddenly I fell backwards onto a reversed bench and my butt got stuck. It was kind of funny because I spent quite some time trying to get out while the two guys were trying to whack my...
  5. Knave

At worst, finding YOUR previous character's skeleton and diary diablo style would be ok. At least if your immersion breaks there it will be your fault. For the online mode part you're right, sadly
  6. Knave

For the diary, maybe. For the signs Dark Souls also pretty much fixed this issue by having several sentences you can say and you can't. "Amazing chest ahead" was the only sentence that managed to break immersion. It was fun, though.
  7. Knave

Something I liked about Dark Souls is the sign system. Leaving traces of "I was here" or hints to guide or misguide the player as he advanced. So that gave me some ideas. 1- The first suggestion I have is for the player to drop their diary on death so you (or some other character, if the Dark...
  8. Knave

Falling around

As always, those suggestions are just crazy ideas. I'm aware some of them may be too hard to implement. 1- I've noticed how every single time your character (or any other) falls they show a fairly poor display of reflexes. They don't even try to protect their head at all! It's not that every...
  9. Knave

Some ideas for a save for permadeath

Seems like we would take save-whoring to a whole new level.
  10. Knave

Exanima 0.6.3 (public beta)

Holy fast-pacing, Batman! Battles suddenly seem short but much more intense and realistic. Fighters actually seem to know what they're doing and they hit harder than ever. Really good job with this one.
  11. Knave

Sheathing Interaction Mechanics?

There's this fun Oblivion mod which makes guards follow you around when your weapon is unsheathed and which also makes NPCs get progressively angrier the more you swing a sword near them while they are not in combat. For more fun, add stealth penalties for unsheathed weapons, or enemies that...
  12. Knave

Great game, humble suggestions after finishing

Enemies blocking doors is something I like. It's actually fun to need to push the door until you manage to squeeze yourself through it and strike with great vengeance.
  13. Knave

What are you playing?

Some good old Warcraft 3. I. Hate. Sylvanas.
  14. Knave

Wounds, limps, and complete limb disablement

Losing body parts when you fail is fun. Look at severance: blade of darkness. When two saws appear on the walls and cut you in a half you know the game is telling you to get better.
  15. Knave

Camera is too far back

Suggestion here: Why not implement transparent walls when they're in the way of the player? Diablo 1 and 2 did it to some extent. That said, it's not the same type of camera since it moves and rotates.

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.