Recent content by NT122

1. NT122

Interesting Combat Mechanics: Games that did it right.

Interesting combat mechanics, for me, separate a good game from a great game. The games you have mentioned are some swell examples! Some other good ones are the Souls games (Demon's Souls, Dark Souls) The combat of these games have a weight that is as of yet unmatched in a released game. A less...
  2. NT122

I would like to talk about weapon clashing for a moment.

Not many games have it. I wish the Elder Scrolls games did. It adds a little extra flare, in my opinion. The few things we know about the combat of Sui Generis imply that every attack will count. I think weapon clashing adds three things to combat. 1) Viability for one handed builds 2) An...
  3. NT122

Buildings and destruction

I think it should be possible, but where the player is hardly ever the cause. Perhaps an ogre throws you through a castle wall, and you use your thaumaturgy to shield yourself.
  4. NT122

Map Editor & Worlds

I'd love mod tools. Can y'all imagine a Warhammer Fantasy mod? Wowza! Perhaps a Song of Ice and Fire total conversion(Game of Thrones) I'd rather they took their time with mod tools rather than rush them out with the game.
  5. NT122

Ain't no party like rpg party! (Follower mechanics)

What if your character has to... For the lack of a better expression, use his words? The NPC may or may not follow your orders.
  6. NT122

I understand where you are all coming from. A better example would be the heroes you can recruit in the game "Mount and Blade" You don't have direct control over them but they help you out and may leave if you don't like what you're doing.
  7. NT122

Baldur's Gate. Icewind Dale. Dragon Age Origins. I wager most of us have played these games and enjoyed them to some extent. I think what the free roaming RPG genre is missing are NPC buddies! However, Sui Generis' control scheme wouldn't fit with the usual control scheme associated with party...
  8. NT122

Battles against unnatural creatures should be rare and terrifying, not the norm!

I think what Walltar is trying to get across, is that he wants distance, separation, between the lands of mortal creatures and the lands of mythological creatures. I want Goblins in the uncharted lands, not near the cities. Now if that does happen, it should be a crisis!
  9. NT122

Dark Souls II announced; PC version confirmed

So very excited for this game!!! It seems like Dark Souls II will use GFW rather than GFWL. Apparently they are different. Crossing my fingers for Steamworks!
  10. NT122

Battles against unnatural creatures should be rare and terrifying, not the norm!

I think mythological creatures should be rare, difficult, and terrifying. Fighting a walking skeleton shouldn't be just a fight with a re skinned bandit. You should be wary that you have forgotten your mace that you've dipped into holy water. You only have your sword. Try as you might, but the...
  11. NT122

Concerning darker themes/concepts

Gene Wolfe is amazing, hopefully will see a blade called the Terminus Est in this game, haha!

Home|Games|Media|Store|Account|Forums|Contact

© Copyright 2019 Bare Mettle Entertainment Ltd. All rights reserved.